RooshV Considering Moving Back to USA

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: RooshV Considering Move Back to USA

Post by S_Parc »

When I was a kid, NYC was the hub of the eastern seaboard. Basically, you could find anything and do anything in the Big Apple. At the same time, being in the era between the 'Son of Sam' and Bernard Goetz, it was widely considered to be a dicey place with a lot of random crime.

Today, with the internet, as well as the general exuberant cost of living hike, much of what NYC had is gone. Ppl go there for conferences and the usual types of planned gatherings, but actually being there as a local, isn't something great. I mean is there a point in hanging out with hipsters in Williamsburg, who think that they're great artists, when many are bumming off their parents?

I'd never seen as many delusional young ppl, as I'd seen in NYC. There are many wannabe artists, performers, and philosophers, that you'd think that you were at some Renaissance festival. At least in Boston, many ppl have grounded plans, like attending law school or becoming a Physician's Assistant. And then, those MA artists do their stuff, as a hobby, knowing perfectly well that they won't make a living at it. For example, I once knew an engineering graduate student who was a belly dancer in Boston, as a hobby. She loved that stuff but knew that in the end, she'd be working for corporate America, like the rest of us.

Back in the time, Boston's restaurant scene was also considered a joke in comparison to NYC. Today, you can find fine cuisine, all over the New England region, not just Boston. If one's not doing the *meet up* in NYC, there's actually little reason to go down there.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

I was in NY in '09, and saw some clearly FOB Russian girls, my goodness I was awestruck at how exotic and pretty they were.
You could tell they were trying hard to make a living, it's surprising to see model-looking blondes lifting boxes outside a warehouse or selling trinkets on the street, very interesting to say the least.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

I find it funny for someone like RooshV who heavily critiques American culture and women is hinting at moving back to the very thing he ran away from all because some American skanks gave him "glances"... :roll: :roll:
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

fschmidt wrote:
tamdrin12 wrote:In my limited experience New York is a great place to visit..
I grew up in the New York area and I worked there for years. New York was a great place to visit, but it has changed dramatically and is no longer worth visiting. It was just as evil in the old days as now, but it was a vibrant evil where anything was possible. The food was great and there was real social mobility. Now the vibrancy and social mobility are gone and the food generally sucks. Today New York feels like a wealthy third world city, somewhat like Buenos Aires. The vibrancy has moved to China.

This song reminds me of my old times living in New York:

Frank here is right, guys. NYC did have better food until the Italians started selling their pizza shops to Mexicans among other Central American imigrants and the Italian food has gone down hill in most places in NYC. There's one place in Astoria that is still halfway decent, but it's a far cry from the abundance of ubiqitious 1989 Sal's Pizzerias/Do The Right Thing-Spike Lee days. The only food that's still good in NYC is Dominican and Puerto Rican fried food like Cuchifritos in Spanish Harlem. One would have to go to the Bronx in order to get good el papa/la madre homecooked "Quisqueyana" Dominican food. Black American Soul food isn't as good as it used to be in NYC. Now Africans own the Soul food buffets and charge a fortune and a half for dinner (you may be looking at 35 bucks for 5-6 lb dinner!) ...pricey like Whole Foods Weigh-N-Pay buffets (except the buffets at Whole Foods has no salt overload and tastes just as good as salt-laden food)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Frank here is right, guys. NYC did have better food until the Italians started selling their pizza shops to Mexicans among other Central American imigrants and the Italian food has gone down hill in most places in NYC.
I'd say that as of a decade ago, Boston has finally stepped up to the plate and started making good Pizza, as well as general Italian food, outside of the North End of the city. For me, nowadays, NYC is nothing more than a business meeting depot.

We have favorites all over MA, for pizza these days. I may never eat another slice of New York pie again.

And yes, if you fly into the city and hear all this yelping about Santarpio's at the airport, don't believe it. They are not the best pizza in the region and their owner is a d*ckhead. Somehow, the fame has got to their heads.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

AB discussion thread

fightforlove
Junior Poster

Re: RooshV Considering Moving Back to USA

Post by fightforlove »

I'm actually not surprised. It's kind of like the poop going back into the butthole. Roosh is aging into an eternal playboy and has a taste for sleazy p***y, but, being a seasoned PUA, he also needs a bit of a challenge. Like all PUAs eventually do, he's probably gotten bored with his current scenery. He's tired of banging Polish women. New York will be a good fit for him; lots of hungry, slutty whores for him to feed off of. Every rat needs to go back and piss in the sewer at some point.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fightforlove wrote:I'm actually not surprised. It's kind of like the poop going back into the butthole. Roosh is aging into an eternal playboy and has a taste for sleazy p***y, but, being a seasoned PUA, he also needs a bit of a challenge. Like all PUAs eventually do, he's probably gotten bored with his current scenery. He's tired of banging Polish women. New York will be a good fit for him; lots of hungry, slutty whores for him to feed off of. Every rat needs to go back and piss in the sewer at some point.
Harsh but the shoe seems to fit.

I like Roosh's observations on things. But it seems he has seen the Promised Land, but then decided to return to Egypt.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

At some point one would have to conclude that Roosh never really had any valid advice to offer and is just another huckster trying to make of few bucks off the destruction of society.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Jester wrote:
fightforlove wrote:I'm actually not surprised. It's kind of like the poop going back into the butthole. Roosh is aging into an eternal playboy and has a taste for sleazy p***y, but, being a seasoned PUA, he also needs a bit of a challenge. Like all PUAs eventually do, he's probably gotten bored with his current scenery. He's tired of banging Polish women. New York will be a good fit for him; lots of hungry, slutty whores for him to feed off of. Every rat needs to go back and piss in the sewer at some point.

I like Roosh's observations on things. But it seems he has seen the Promised Land, but then decided to return to Egypt.
The Big Apple has gotten soft over the years :wink:. There's a need for a next generation 'Son of Sam' to emerge from the ashes. This Roosh character seems to fit the bill :lol:

AB discussion thread

The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

S_Parc wrote:
Jester wrote:

The Big Apple has gotten soft over the years :wink:. There's a need for a next generation 'Son of Sam' to emerge from the ashes. This Roosh character seems to fit the bill :lol:

LMAO!...This actually made me laugh out my tea... :lol:

But as far as Roosh returning to "Egypt"...I dont understand why he hasn't gone to Asia yet? I think hes missing out on a lot here....

I mean f**k New York, Id rather live in London....at least continental Europe is within arms length.... 8)
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The wrote:I mean f**k New York, Id rather live in London....at least continental Europe is within arms length.... 8)
What's amazing is that British women are actually friendlier than AWs and know how to make conversation.

As for the original 'Son of Sam', it was before my time. I only know of that epoch through Spike Lee's 'Summer of Sam'

AB discussion thread

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The wrote:I mean f**k New York, Id rather live in London....at least continental Europe is within arms length.... 8)
Exactly, London is a very diverse city with women from all over the world living there. There are quite a few women from eastern Europe working in London.

I would live in London over NYC any day. You are also close to continental Europe if you live in London.

S_Parc wrote:What's amazing is that British women are actually friendlier than AWs and know how to make conversation.
I have heard many guys say the same thing about British women, that they are more open to meeting men and are more friendly than American women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

chanta76 wrote:I live in NEw YOrk city. Back when I was single dating was tough. I did cold approaches back when I was single and I got mixed result but the thing about New York City is you do have higher amount of international students compared to other states and also you have the growing immigrant population. If you target those areas it's possible to find a decent girl.

HOwever, Roosh is white and I'm Asian . There was a brief period where I did only try to approach white girls...the only conclusion I came away with is that there is racism in the dating market against Asian men. I guess maybe Roosh got lucky. I guess. Regarding income..you don't need $300K to live OK in New York city unless of course your talking about living in nice apt. or condo within Manhattan in good area. If your single and make over $140 k you do fine. If you let say you make $70 k a year it's possible to still live in Manhattan but it be renting and getting a roommate ..either that you have to live in the boroughs.
Real talk: I would relocate back to The Bronx if I were to make six digits per annum in a NY heartbeat!! It's easier to meet more FW in NYC, but you better get them under the six-month rule-of-thumb, or else they'll turn into that new-wave-posh feminist emo skrillex asshole you came to loathe!!! :shocked:
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Real talk: I would relocate back to The Bronx if I were to make six digits per annum in a NY heartbeat!! It's easier to meet more FW in NYC, but you better get them under the six-month rule-of-thumb, or else they'll turn into that new-wave-posh feminist emo skrillex asshole you came to loathe!!! :shocked:
Are you telling me that you miss Yankee Stadium and thus, would rather bone FOB FWs in the Big Apple, than be anywhere else?

So you wouldn't be happier in some other international city, watching the Bronx Bombers on satellite TV, and having the time of your life?

AB discussion thread