Racist UCLA Girl Rants About Asians

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

165622 wrote:I wonder how she got into college to begin with. It's sad that someone this ignorant could even get into UCLA.
I don't know how an illiterate turd like her could get into UCLA. They must have lowered the standards for admissions if an idiot like her can get in. :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Ladislav, I think the term you are looking for is is "slanty-eyed rice goblin". But seriously, this is the typical mindless American skank. I can only hope it dies a quick yet painful death as soon as physically possible to avoid further corruption of the gene pool.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Rock wrote: Good points:

1. USA is not a melting pot, its a pot of stew. Segregated and not very multicultural except in certain exceptional areas.
Yes, my feeling is that people tolerate other "races" as long as it's in a proportion much less than their own. So you might be a novelty in a group that's 90% another ethnicity and only 10% of your own but if your "group" is approaching parity then suddenly people start looking at you differently, employment discrimination happens, and landlords refuse to rent.

You have probably experienced something similar in Taiwan..western foreigners are far less than 1% of the population there.
2. I can understand why Americans born in the early 40s and before might make such cruel comments about Japan. But even then, a lot of time has passed so it still looks very bad. There's really absolutely no excuse for anyone else. Speaks volumes the social problems we have in the States.
A lot of the people making these comments are trolling for a reaction or are genuinely borderline sociopath types. Most baby boomers i've met have been largely indifferent. It's the young, dumb, and hostile types that you have to watch out for.
3. The airhead in the video fits the dumb blond (valley girl?) prototype to tee, speaks more loudly than a book full of dumb blond jokes. Almost every other sentence that came out of her mouth was a gaff.
Unfortunately there's a lot of these types in the U.S. Far too many actually.
4. Yea Asian Americans make up just 4% or so of US population. But Jewish Americans make up just 1% or so. Thing is, Asian Americans are a diverse set of cultures of with several core ethnic and language groups. Lad often points out that US definition of race is very arbitrary. In this case, that seems to ring true. So do Filipino Americans, Vietnam Americans, Japanese Americans, etc. work together as an interest group to assert their political and social rights in the States?
There are a lot of pan-asian civil rights groups that defend against this legally. Unfortunately these organizations were formed in reaction to systematic discrimination in the workplace, physical violence, and in universities.

Jews have one big "advantage" in that they blend into the U.S. population. I have never met a Jew who wasn't thought of as anything but being white. Religious affiliation matters much less now than it used to. The only time it matters is when we're talking about big bad arab muslims and terrorism but even then people view it in terms of the middle east most of the time.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Jews have one big "advantage" in that they blend into the U.S. population. I have never met a Jew who wasn't thought of as anything but being white. Religious affiliation matters much less now than it used to. The only time it matters is when we're talking about big bad arab muslims and terrorism but even then people view it in terms of the middle east most of the time.
Aaah, but you are too young to remember...

This is a recent phenomenon. It only happened after the 60ies or so. And as the US population dumbed down and the "five tribe system" became solidified. the Jews became part of the White group. After quite a bit of struggle though. Prior to that Jews had been Hebrews, a middle eastern semitic group and not thought of as "white".

In the US South it is traditionally " the whites, the blacks and the Jews", by the way. And older Americans still can tell the Jews apart by facial feautures. And so can I. So bloody easy. But this ability is gone now.

An average modern American can distinguish blacks from whites from Asians, and these are the categories that he/she can perceive humanity in. But not beyond that.

In Europe, Jews stick out racially because they have Semitic features that the local people do not. To wit: look at these pictures:

A typical Latvian:

An Ashkenazi Jew from the country:

A typical Pole:

A Jew from that country.

You have a nordic looking person vs a middle eastern looking person.

So, in THOSE countries, you are looking at two different races. While in America, they are both 'white' and one race vs the Asians, Blacks and Hispanics. Now, that is.

The Jews' religious affiliation in Europe also matters little there since they are still a middle eastern tribe- Hebrews. They can convert to Zoroastrianism, they are still Hebrews. In some countries they have IDs where it stated in black and white: "Nationality: Hebrew!' Amazing isn't it?

Again, America is a different place but even in the US, as late as early 50ies Jews were not able to move into many neighborhoods in CA and other places and they were given letters that the places were "closed to representatives of the Semitic Race". Yup!

And in Europe,often they could not walk down the street without being harassed because of different facial features. That shit lasted many centuries.

Oh, but now they are 'white'

In the US, that is.

God bless America!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulEMWj3 ... r_embedded

Someone made a pretty funny response video to her rant.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zulEMWj3 ... r_embedded

Someone made a pretty funny response video to her rant.
Yea, that's the best parody on it I've seen so far (seen about 4 of them) I like the four frames with music (never seen that done before). That guy is great at contradicting the stereotypes with his smooth serenade.

I don't know anything about the girl but you never knows. He could end up shagging her lights out after she see that vid. You gotta admit, he put her in her place. She's gotta respect that at some level.

And I'm quite confident that an Asian like that would do very well attracting white women at a physical level in Ukraine or even Russia. Winston, Mark, don't you agree?
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

i just watched it. where was the racism???

the only racists are the asians getting furious over this.

oh and for the record, besides the japanese, maybe the vietnamese.. asians have absolutely no manners. a pot belly pig is probably more dignified at supper time. koreans and mainland chinese are especially rude
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

LinuxOnly wrote:i just watched it. where was the racism???

oh and for the record, besides the japanese, maybe the vietnamese.. asians have absolutely no manners. a pot belly pig is probably more dignified at supper time. koreans and mainland chinese are especially rude
OK, let me try to spell out why I believe this girl's rant can easily be considered as a form of racism against Asians.

First, let me define what I mean by racism, a term used in many ways. Here are some of the more common meanings and uses of the word:

a. The discrimination or prejudice of a person or group based on the racial or ethnic group she or they belong to.

b. White supremacy, the belief that the Caucasian race is superior to all other races.

c. Discrimination against a particular race’s culture, beliefs or traditions.

d. The idea that a single race is somehow purer than other races, or that one race genetically exhibits dominance over others.

e. The belief that race can be a way to determine behavior and performance.

f. More subtly, over-generalizations that are made in race grouping, for example, the failure to make assumptions which fail to distinguish between cultural values of say ethnic Koreans from Khmers. Assuming that an Asian person is Chinese or that a Hispanic person is Mexican may be characterized by some as racist.

Now, let's go to her rant.

Don’t take this offensively, I don’t mean it towards any of my friends, I mean it towards random people that I don’t even know in the library. So, you guys (my friends) are not the problem.

She’s about to complain about some people in the library who she thinks are a problem.

The problem is, these hoards of Asian people that UCLA accepts into OUR school every year…

So the problem involves these hoards of Asian people - a race according to common American usage of the word. So this rant is being directed at one race so far. Moreover, by using the word ‘our’ she implies that the school belongs to her group (Americans) and they (Asians) somehow have different status, even perhaps if some of them are (technically) Americans too which is entirely possible. Perhaps she means they are just visitors, or students with a subordinate rights. But somehow, they are different because the school is ours, not theirs. That seems to fit definition a (prejudice)

…which is fine

Tone and body language account for a larger percentage of the messages expressed in verbal human communication than do words. I would say her tone up to this point clearly contradicts her claim that she’s fine with UCLA accepting “hoards of Asian people�. That seems to fit definition a (prejudice) and perhaps definition f (which admittedly is common and at least partially a product of the formal US system of race classification).

But if you’re gonna come to UCLA, use American manners

Implies that Asians often don’t behave within the scope of ‘American manners’. This seems to fit definition e (behavior)

It used to really bug me but it doesn’t really bother me anymore the fact that ALL the Asian people who live in all the apartments around me, their moms and their brothers and their sisters, and their grandmas and their grandpas, and their cousins and everybody that they know, that they brought along from Asia with them, comes here on the week-ends to do their laundry, buy their groceries, and cook their food for the week, its seriously without fail, you will always see old Asian people running around this apartment complex every week-end, that’s what they do, they don’t teach their kids to fend for themselves.

First, this blurb seems to start with a specific group (the Asians living in the apartments around me) but progress to broader generalizations , Asian people not teaching their kids to fend for themselves, etc. This seems to fit definitions a, c and f.

You know what they don’t also teach them is their manners.

This seems to fit definitions a, c and f.

OK that’s about half the vid right there. In the second half, she:

- mimicked what her perception of ‘Asian language’ as “ooooooo, ching chong ling long ting tong, ooooo�
I believe many so-called Asians in the US and elsewhere would consider that a racial slur. It seems to fit definitions c, e, and f.

- implied that Americans are more polite than Asians when talking about her upbringing. Again definitions c, e, and f.

Besides the racism, she made reference to that ‘Tsunami thing’ which personally I thought was a rather rude and thoughtless way for an educated person to describe such a major disaster.

For the record, I don’t believe all racism (esp. some parts of the definition above) is necessarily bad and in some forms, it can be innocent or at least unintentional. But the point of this post is just show why I believe this girl’s Youtube rant should be considered racist against Asians. BTW, the last statement in your post clearly fits within the scope of the definition as well.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

In addition her whole demeanor and attitude is a pretty good reflection on why so many people on this forum can't stand American women in general.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

LinuxOnly wrote:i just watched it. where was the racism???

Oh please! And Whites are not rude? Blacks are not rude? American's not rude?

Unfortunately, what I take from all this is that diversity and multiculturalism is a failure in most of the Western world. It just seems to breed tension and hostility within all races. I mean compare the disaster response in Japan with its homogeneous population, smart educated people, clean and crime-free streets, and people who genuinely like each other to Americans, and I shudder at the thought of what would happen if America were to face what Japan is facing right now.
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

I really don't know what you're getting in a huff about, Rock.

She had IMO a legitimate complaint. Loud Asian (I'm betting Chinese, but maybe Korean) students who did not show consideration for the other students in the library and were talking loudly on their cellphones.

I have seen and heard this behavior repeatedly from Chinese (from China) myself. And so have others.

The fact that she's an AW is totally beside the point here. Do you really believe she was the only white student annoyed at their behavior? Or do you think it's just blonde bimbos who have this problem? It wouldn't surprise me at all if many other white students who don't talk like blonde bimbos, or who don't have hostile feelings toward other races, were just as annoyed too.

And I will bet you she spoke for a LOT of people, white people, who are too intimidated to speak out for fear of being labeled "racist" - exactly what happened to her.

I really don't give a shit if this is "racist" to you. I don't have a problem with immigrants or foreigners as long as they show some respect for the local customs, like not talking loudly in a library. Is that too much to ask? But when they act boorishly, there's no reason why they shouldn't be called on it.

It makes no sense to me that it's OK to talk about group behaviors as long as they aren't offensive. Reality isn't so sweet and nice, Rock. Different groups will exhibit behaviors that others will find offensive; it shouldn't be a big deal to point it out. We point out good qualities about Chinese or whatever group, why is it bad to point out the bad as well? People should be free to complain against groups of people (races or ethnicities) who exhibit rude or offensive behavior without being intimidated by the thought police.

I agree with what the blonde girl said.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

swincor__ wrote:I really don't know what you're getting in a huff about, Rock.

She had IMO a legitimate complaint. Loud Asian (I'm betting Chinese, but maybe Korean) students who did not show consideration for the other students in the library and were talking loudly on their cellphones.

I have seen and heard this behavior repeatedly from Chinese (from China) myself. And so have others.

The fact that she's an AW is totally beside the point here. Do you really believe she was the only white student annoyed at their behavior? Or do you think it's just blonde bimbos who have this problem? It wouldn't surprise me at all if many other white students who don't talk like blonde bimbos, or who don't have hostile feelings toward other races, were just as annoyed too.

And I will bet you she spoke for a LOT of people, white people, who are too intimidated to speak out for fear of being labeled "racist" - exactly what happened to her.

I really don't give a shit if this is "racist" to you. I don't have a problem with immigrants or foreigners as long as they show some respect for the local customs, like not talking loudly in a library. Is that too much to ask? But when they act boorishly, there's no reason why they shouldn't be called on it.

It makes no sense to me that it's OK to talk about group behaviors as long as they aren't offensive. Reality isn't so sweet and nice, Rock. Different groups will exhibit behaviors that others will find offensive; it shouldn't be a big deal to point it out. We point out good qualities about Chinese or whatever group, why is it bad to point out the bad as well? People should be free to complain against groups of people (races or ethnicities) who exhibit rude or offensive behavior without being intimidated by the thought police.

You can agree with she said, but she shouldn't have done the ching chong ting tong bit or the "those people", which you know is going to piss people off. I mean she is supposed to be a college student, you can criticize people but do it in an intelligent and articulate way. Why even put a video on Youtube when that is possibly the stupidest thing you can do? I mean, don't they teach these things in colleges and universities anymore? If you want to criticize, how come she didn't write an article in the college newspaper or bring up the topic in a student forum or something? That would've made more sense...
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

a lot of pathetic and butthurt losers on here trying to rationalize their denial. how about a little honestly with yourselves. better yet don't define yourself by your race or anything else and you'll be immune to being manipulated.

how about letting people do and think whatever the f**k they want.

so it's fine for some chinky zombies indistinguishable from eachother to buy their way into ucla, and cheat their way to a diploma without learning a dam thing along the way (including english).. which is what most fobby asians do, but it's not alright for some fat bimbo to make a vlog in her spare time complaining about one of the symptoms of what the universities are doing.

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The definition of racism I guess has been expanded to the point where basically if a person or a group is not of Nordic look, you cannot criticize it at all. It is called racism.
But it is OK to criticize and bash the Russians or the Germans. Never heard anyone make any comment. Can you imagine people saying- these Russians talk so loud and then someone going "racist! racist!"
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

swincor__ wrote:I really don't know what you're getting in a huff about, Rock.

First of all, I must say, your avatar is confusing. Its easy to forget that you are not Winston. What's up with that?

Secondly, I'm not getting in any sort of huff, just logically explaining why I disagree with those who claim that there is no racism expressed or implied in her post. I threw up several definitions of 'racism' which I believe are commonly accepted meanings of the word in the US. Then I posted the first half or so of her rant word-for-word and explained how it fit certain parts of that definition. So this is not about it being 'racist' to me. This is about it falling into the scope of some commonly accepted definitions of racism. I didn't create that word or its meaning. I'm just connecting some simple dots. If you don't agree, why not explain the reasons clearly? Counter my definition, assumptions, or logic. You not giving a shit about my opinion proves nothing.

Thirdly, many of the response vids were also racist, some much more so than hers I would say. Some may agree with the AWs original rant, others may agree with some of the responses, and some may see merits on both sides. But that doesn't change the fact that many of these rants fall into the scope of racism as per my earlier definitions. Just because you agree with her rant doesn't automatically mean its not racist.

I admit that I am biased against this sort of AW at a visceral level. But that's besides the point. The issue being debated here is: is her rant racist or not.

I also believe the terms racist and racism have been expanded and all degrees and meanings are often vilified in the US. As I mentioned in my last post, some forms of its use are innocent or unintentional. But again, that's besides the point.