Are restrictions on meeting with people justified?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are restrictions on meeting with people justified?

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 4:03 am
I hope everyone's had a lesson of how lockdown fanatics argue their point, they can't provide any evidence and data to back-up their claims and have to resort to insults and ad-hominem.

People are very welcome to have a different opinion to me. Different viewpoints are welcome. There's no need to resort to insults and ad-hominem attacks, that's not how adults deal with differences in opinion. If it carries on my patiences is going to run low. Is that clear?
See, resulting in ad-hominem attacks - a 'fanatic' eh? And you're not, eh? :roll:

Are you female? You argue your points in a very feminine manner.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

I've noticed you haven't really got a point to make. Something in the OP rubbed you the wrong way. It's clearly an emotional reaction, all your replies are, it's blatently obvious to anyone who sees.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day outside. Carry on bickering until your heart's content.

Peace.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

mattyman wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 4:16 am
I've noticed you haven't really got a point to make. Something in the OP rubbed you the wrong way. It's clearly an emotional reaction, all your replies are, it's blatently obvious to anyone who sees.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day outside. Carry on bickering until your heart's content.

Peace.
Enjoy your beautiful day! :D
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

I hope someone is keeping a record of people promoting the covid hoax so they can in due course be used for medical experiments.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 3:57 pm
I hope someone is keeping a record of people promoting the covid hoax so they can in due course be used for medical experiments.
Let them try it with me and they're going to get their jaw broke. :D
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Yes, lockdown works if everybody (EVERYBODY) accepts a while to be restricted, see the New Year 2021 report of DailyMail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... demic.html
Wish you were in Wuhan (they're having a better New Year than you)? Pandemic epicentre celebrates as rest of the world scales down party to send off a year blighted by Covid-19
Compare Wuhan vs. other cities like London or Rome!

It's really about discipline and to follow rules to wait it out... something what is totally missing in Europe...
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan wrote:
December 31st, 2020, 9:55 pm
Yes, lockdown works if everybody (EVERYBODY) accepts a while to be restricted, see the New Year 2021 report of DailyMail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... demic.html
Wish you were in Wuhan (they're having a better New Year than you)? Pandemic epicentre celebrates as rest of the world scales down party to send off a year blighted by Covid-19
Compare Wuhan vs. other cities like London or Rome!

It's really about discipline and to follow rules to wait it out... something what is totally missing in Europe...
Exactly!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Yes, it works even in Pyongyang in North Korea, but not in London in UK

However, expect some political propaganda in the second video, as usual with everything from that country...
Pyongyang appears rather dark, lack of electricity, but there are plenty people out in the streets - with face masks...

mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

The only thing I hear is 'lockdowns work' but I never hear any detail of specific measures, I never hear any evidence, I never hear any comparisons between lockdown countries an non-lockdown countries, or averages for the minority of lockdown countries vs. the majority of lockdown countries.

The only caveat of lockdowns/suppression (stopping ALL infection) is that it delays the inevitable. Has it's place early in the epidemic to 'buy time'. The only way to reduce the 'R-number' without excess death and illess is to use targetted measures for people a) in care homes, b) older people in the work force and c) people in multi-generation households, and let the non-susceptible catch it, get immunity. That breaks the chain, that explains why cases stop rising exponentially, the curve curls, flattens and reverses.

Can anyone tell me who the at risk people are of severe illness of death. a) the over 70's and b) people in who've got conditions that make them at risk?
https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/the ... sk-groups/

Grown-up discussion needed, non of this hurling insults garbage.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

It depends if the population of a certain country is disciplined and willing to respect orders/recommendations from its government/authorities or not.
If the entire population does not care and disrespect covid-19 as a hoax and countermeasures as conspiracy and any restriction as an attack against their 'freedom' the result is a horrible disaster.

Japan population 126 million - total infections 234.395 - deaths 3460
Mexico population 129 million - total infections 1.437.185 - deaths 126.507

South Korea population 52 million - total infections 62.593 - deaths 942
Colombia population 51 million - total infections 1.654.880 - deaths 43.495

--------------------------------

What else can be said?

Your link is about Sweden related, group discussions about what?

Sweden population 11 million - total infections 437,379 - deaths 8,727

Taiwan population 23 million - total infections 802 - deaths 7 (seven!)

'Group discussions' etc. are leading to nowhere - what those countries like Sweden urgently need is to learn from others.

Yes, true - elderly 70+ are in danger, people of any age with serious medical issues too...but this is the same everywhere.

There are plenty of old people living outside of the big cities in Japan but still not so many are infected and die because EVERYBODY, young or old, keeps some discipline and the country has a good health insurance system which includes elderly care.

My place today, Okayama 2 million people, total infections 1363 - deaths 13 - only 8 persons are now in serious life-threatening condition and under intensive care - and out of total infectioned patients already 762 recovered fully.

What is important - 228 are positive without symptoms yet and stay in isolation in a specially designated hotel - they cannot leave the hotel room until they are negative - in case they develop covid-19 they will be transferred to the quarantine area within a hospital..
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

This is one reason/excuse I keep hearing is the idea that people are 'ill-disciplined', I wonder where it originate form?
It depends if the population of a certain country is disciplined and willing to respect orders/recommendations from its government/authorities or not.
If the entire population does not care and disrespect covid-19 as a hoax and countermeasures as conspiracy and any restriction as an attack against their 'freedom' the result is a horrible disaster.
There's also this idea that people who don't agree with draconian restrictions think covid 19 is a hoax. Covid 19 is genuinely very dangerous to older people and people with certain health conditions. Just because one thinks another way of managing it is possible does not mean one thinks it's a hoax.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:06 pm
What the hell are you talking about? We have both inadvertently given and received respiratory viruses multiple times in our lives. It is a normal part of human society. Lets say I could magically know who gave me the last cold I had. Unless he deliberately sneezed in my face, I would harbour no ill-will toward him and would not want to impede his freedom in any way. If I gave a cold to someone who gave it to his brother who then gave it to his granny who subsequently died a few months before she otherwise would have, I would not feel the slightest bit of guilt, even if I really liked the granny. That is normal. If you don't like what happens in normal human society then it is not your right to shut it down. Just GTFO.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:34 pm
Yohan wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? We have both inadvertently given and received respiratory viruses multiple times in our lives. It is a normal part of human society. Lets say I could magically know who gave me the last cold....
I am not talking about a cold or harmless seasonal flu.
I am talking about a serious corona-19 pandemic which is causing so far the death of approx. 1,835,306 people worldwide.

Corona-Virus is NOT a normal part of our lives. This corona-virus has to be removed from this earth.
If there is no vaccine available, it has to be done by lockdown/quarantine/isolation.

Now vaccination is starting, we will see when the number of infections is starting to decline.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:52 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 1st, 2021, 8:34 pm
Yohan wrote:
What the hell are you talking about? We have both inadvertently given and received respiratory viruses multiple times in our lives. It is a normal part of human society. Lets say I could magically know who gave me the last cold....
I am not talking about a cold or harmless seasonal flu.
I am talking about a serious corona-19 pandemic which is causing so far the death of approx. 1,835,306 people worldwide.

Corona-Virus is NOT a normal part of our lives. This corona-virus has to be removed from this earth.
If there is no vaccine available, it has to be done by lockdown/quarantine/isolation.

Now vaccination is starting, we will see when the number of infections is starting to decline.
OK, so you are senile now. It is a shame the Internet and atomised societies allows you to disgrace yourself like this. Hopefully someone at your end can take you into the care that you deserve.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... y-row.html
Sobering start to 2021: US records 2,051 new COVID deaths and hospitalizations hit more than 100,000 for the 31st day in a row - as health officials warn post-Christmas surge will get worse and California ICU beds only open up when a patient dies

At least 125,057 patients are currently hospitalized with coronavirus in the US as of late Friday, exceeding 125,000 for the third consecutive day

Another 160,606 new infections were confirmed for January 1, bringing the nationwide count to 20,128,693
Full article click on the link above!