What would you do if you became homeless?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What would you do if you became homeless?

Post by Cornfed »

Apparently just about any crime can be construed as federal now if they want to. For example, if you rob a fast food place and the potatoes they use in their fried come from another state, you can be said to be interfering with interstate commerce.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

In the case of murder, the Feds just charge you with violating the victim's civil rights by killing him and SCOTUS has decreed that it is not double jeopardy if the state charges you with murder for the exact same act. There was a lot of clamor by the presstitutes to charge OJ in federal court after he was found not guilty in California. In the case of that poor kid in Charlottesville who ran over a cow trying to escape the melee, the Feds charged him with several counts of violating some hate crimes statute they have now, and I believe Virginia charged him with murder.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

gsjackson wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 6:35 pm
In the case of murder, the Feds just charge you with violating the victim's civil rights by killing him and SCOTUS has decreed that it is not double jeopardy if the state charges you with murder for the exact same act. There was a lot of clamor by the presstitutes to charge OJ in federal court after he was found not guilty in California. In the case of that poor kid in Charlottesville who ran over a cow trying to escape the melee, the Feds charged him with several counts of violating some hate crimes statute they have now, and I believe Virginia charged him with murder.
I'm pretty sure OJ Simson was tried in state criminal followed by state civil court in California. If you have a credible source that he was tried in federal court, please share it.

I'm not saying there aren't some cases where murder or other laws could be tried federally, but these would be specific cases where a federal law exists, not the typical murder. I read about a man in Charlottesville who ran over someone who got a federal hate crimes charge. I don't get how this kind of charge is constitutional. And 'hate crime' makes no sense, since murder is murder, and usually there is some hate involved. Targeting someone because of their race and religion, versus not liking the shape of their nose or their bad breath, shouldn't get an extra charge.

But mostly murder is handled at the state level.

Do you have any evidence it is against a federal crime to be homeless? Not trespassing on federal land or something like that, but just being homeless/
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrMan wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 11:11 pm
gsjackson wrote:
January 23rd, 2023, 6:35 pm
I'm pretty sure OJ Simson was tried in state criminal followed by state civil court in California. If you have a credible source that he was tried in federal court, please share it.

I'm not saying there aren't some cases where murder or other laws could be tried federally, but these would be specific cases where a federal law exists, not the typical murder. I read about a man in Charlottesville who ran over someone who got a federal hate crimes charge. I don't get how this kind of charge is constitutional. And 'hate crime' makes no sense, since murder is murder, and usually there is some hate involved. Targeting someone because of their race and religion, versus not liking the shape of their nose or their bad breath, shouldn't get an extra charge.

But mostly murder is handled at the state level.

Do you have any evidence it is against a federal crime to be homeless? Not trespassing on federal land or something like that, but just being homeless/
Read a little more carefully. I said there was clamor for Simpson to be tried in federal court after being acquitted in state court, not that it happened. But it could have.

Trying someone in both federal and state courts for exactly the same act is constitutional because SCOTUS said it was. I think the decision is plainly wrong, and the "hate crimes" concept is just another layer of Jewish control.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Tsar wrote:
January 13th, 2023, 2:42 pm
Imagine you run out of money and are homeless. Would you kill yourself at that point? Seriously, how could you even escape something like that?
@Tsar

1st up: No suicides allowed!
(You probably were just asking about it, not actually considering it yourself, but yeah: No suicides allowed.) :)

I have been homeless before too, mostly during childhood, but also a few temporary fiascos when I was in my early 20's and decided to take some risks on purpose while in search of a freer independent lifestyle (which worked out in the end, but royally sucked for a stretch of time until I clawed my way back toward solvency).

If it happened to me again now (and for the sake of argument, I'll say I was all alone and didn't have any gfs/friends/etc to ask for temporary help), then these would be my top considerations:

Location for sake of survival:
The climate and how dangerous it is there being the top factors (especially because of the surrounding people one has little choice but to be around when you're poor or homeless).

Prospective earnings (I'd prefer internet-based, but that'd require enough $$$ to maintain and possibly replace some basic devices).

Location for the sake of offline earnings prospects.
(I say "earnings" rather than "employment," because my instinct would be that finding some way to scrap for $$'s to make a meaningful improvement in your own finances is often more viable than being homeless and desperately applying for a zillion jobs, and having to wait to see if you get the jobs...)

On climate:
If you didn't have some kind of heated shelter, some places I've been in before would literally have killed you in the deep freeze that has already happened this Winter (damn "global warming"!).

On the other hand, my current favorite places in the tropics would be easier to live in climate-wise, some even having good prospects for foraging or fishing for food, depending on the area... that is, until there's the potential for disastrous tropical cyclones to make landfall there. Then those same areas are sometimes hit with huge region-wide catastrophes and sudden outbursts of violent crime, as both gangs and desperate locals come out of the woodwork...

People can be a wild card here:
The people around you could be a valuable potential support and contact network.... or they could be a dangerous liability that you'd be better off avoiding.

In some homeless camps, for example, I've heard that the other homeless men have an almost collective cult environment where they'll actively put a beating on any one who is holding back extra resources they've gathered. (So in that case it's hard to imagine getting back on your own feet independently again.) Others have huge substance addiction and mental illness issues, so being a loner is better than actually having to closely associate with people like that.

Here I go again having deep thoughts on HA, LOL... (Self-employment kicks ass, but all I can say is that I wish HappyGuy's assertion that me and 90% of the other newer members are actually being paid to post here was actually true... I'd be raking it in.)

I'll chuck that "wall of text" in here for now and expand on it later...
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 6:52 pm
1) Move to San Francisco,
2) Apply for welfare in San Francisco and live off government benefits on taxpayer's dime.
@Natural_Born_Cynic
Yeah for US-based people, I was also thinking about #1-2 and San Francisco also, because of how much more subsidies I've heard are there are for homeless people (I think there specifically, but I believe also in some other parts of California).

CA is horrible doomed state IMO, and I heard people are leaving it in droves, but paradoxically I've heard it's drawing in more homeless because of the subsidies + comparatively favorable climate in parts (probably especially the Bay Area where it's less scorchingly hot).
I was talking to some people who were down in San Francisco for business a few years ago, and they said it was surreal because they'd be walking along in a very developed area, and suddenly what felt like a small army of homeless men would emerge out of a park walking together in a huge group practically surrounding them as they passed by (fortunately on some other mission than Death Wish-style crime or capturing and roasting business people for food). :)

God-awful PDX (where I haven't been for quite a while) has apparently also attempted to subsidize homeless people as a poverty relief measure, so that area has also filled with homeless people.
However, the weather intermittently gets terrible in the winter up there, so I don't see why anyone would go there as opposed to the warmer environments.

No comment on the #3+ "side hustle" steps, LOL (though I have heard that too where there was a ludicrous amount of shoplifting because of their loopy legislation that practically encourages and incentivizes it).
However, a legal alternative might actually be dumpster-diving, especially if you can have clean enough clothes to LARP as someone who actually can get away with checking dumpsters in higher-income neighborhoods.
Lots of people with money through away tons of potentially resalable items, including electronics...
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

WilliamSmith wrote:
February 6th, 2023, 12:50 pm
Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 14th, 2023, 6:52 pm
1) Move to San Francisco,
2) Apply for welfare in San Francisco and live off government benefits on taxpayer's dime.
@Natural_Born_Cynic
Yeah for US-based people, I was also thinking about #1-2 and San Francisco also, because of how much more subsidies I've heard are there are for homeless people (I think there specifically, but I believe also in some other parts of California).

CA is horrible doomed state IMO, and I heard people are leaving it in droves, but paradoxically I've heard it's drawing in more homeless because of the subsidies + comparatively favorable climate in parts (probably especially the Bay Area where it's less scorchingly hot).
I was talking to some people who were down in San Francisco for business a few years ago, and they said it was surreal because they'd be walking along in a very developed area, and suddenly what felt like a small army of homeless men would emerge out of a park walking together in a huge group practically surrounding them as they passed by (fortunately on some other mission than Death Wish-style crime or capturing and roasting business people for food). :)

God-awful PDX (where I haven't been for quite a while) has apparently also attempted to subsidize homeless people as a poverty relief measure, so that area has also filled with homeless people.
However, the weather intermittently gets terrible in the winter up there, so I don't see why anyone would go there as opposed to the warmer environments.

No comment on the #3+ "side hustle" steps, LOL (though I have heard that too where there was a ludicrous amount of shoplifting because of their loopy legislation that practically encourages and incentivizes it).
However, a legal alternative might actually be dumpster-diving, especially if you can have clean enough clothes to LARP as someone who actually can get away with checking dumpsters in higher-income neighborhoods.
Lots of people with money through away tons of potentially resalable items, including electronics...
The side hustle thing is true. Look up California proposition 47 on shoplifting. Shoplifting is classified as "Misdemeanor" in California. It was enacted back in 2014. And look up youtube videos "California shoplifting and theft"
And also the shop employees can't stop the thief because the store will get sued by the thief when the thief is injured, the store is liable for any injuries either the thief or the employee, and the store has some sort of loss insurance anyway to cover the lost stolen goods. The security guards or the loss prevention officers are just there as "Scarecrows" to scare the thieves but that's not working.

They can call the police, but the police will not likely to respond or arrive in time because the thief got away. In some unlucky instance, if the thief got arrested, the police will give him a slap in the wrist and the prosecutors will not be interested in prosecuting for a misdemeanor. They want to make a big name for themselves for taking felony cases.. not misdemeanors.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!