Malware Warning From Google?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hook wrote:
Winston wrote:Hi guys,
Ok I'm trying to install a scanner that will scan my site for malware and track down the specific hack code and remove it, but I'm having some basic problems. I have no idea how to install it and the instructions don't make sense. Have a look:

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/

After I download that and unzip it, the files are not recognizable by windows. There are no installation files. All it says in the documentation is this.

http://iscanner.isecur1ty.org/documentation.html
This thing your are trying to install is an installer for the Linux server that hosts the Apache web server. You can't run it on windows.
Really? Why doesn't the site say that then? Do they assume that everyone uses Linux? Where is their common sense?

Does anyone here use Linux? If so, can you install that web scanning program above, scan this site, and try to trace where the malware code or script might be?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lavezzi wrote:At least Winston is getting his dick wet at the cost of my family computer being destroyed..
Stop exaggerating. Viruses do not destroy computers physically. You can get rid of them with a virus program, or reinstall your windows to get rid of them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

lavezzi wrote:At least Winston is getting his dick wet at the cost of my family computer being destroyed..
LMAO at that comment.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I finally got Godaddy to investigate their servers hosting my site, after showing them evidence from Google Webmaster Tools Diagnostics that the malware was due to a server configuration problem. They had their technicians work on it and then sent me the following update.
Dear Winston,

Thank you for contacting Hosting Support. In regards to your hosting account for happierabroad.com:

We have resolved the malware issue within the .htaccess file coding, that was causing the malware errors on your site. The issue regarding the .htaccess files was already known to us, and as a result the immediate issue has been resolved. Please keep an eye out for future correspondence regarding the issue, and further details regarding the nature of the issue, along with details on the resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

Please contact us if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Ken D.

Advanced Hosting Support
Hopefully, the malware problem is fixed now. I will now submit a review of my site in Google Webmaster Tools, to see if the malware problem is fixed. If it is, then the Google malware warning will be removed. Keep your fingers crossed.

Btw, I don't get something. Are there different .htaccess files? I thought there was just that one that I create and upload to my site's FTP folder? If so, all I had to do was reupload it right? Is there another one that only Godaddy can access? Anyone know?

well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

There shouldn't even be viruses to begin with. I don't want my desktop to possibly be infected Winston
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

First a flood of newfags, now malware attacks. Just as I predicted.

You let them in, winston, so don't be upset when they shit in the corner.
How to deal with newbies that talk much but do little.

Pics or it didn't happen.

YES/NO

Cool story, bro.

Problem solved.
boycottamericanwomen
Experienced Poster

Post by boycottamericanwomen »

Grunt wrote:First a flood of newfags, now malware attacks. Just as I predicted.

LOL! I love reading your posts, Grunt. You always give me a good laugh.
Attn: Please read "The TRUTH Be Told", a free eBook that can help save you from feminism and your guvment.

Read the book online
Download the book
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:There shouldn't even be viruses to begin with. I don't want my desktop to possibly be infected Winston
I agree. But why do you act like I let the viruses in or I planted them there? If you had even average intelligence, you'd read the posts above and see that the fault lies with a vulnerability in Godaddy's servers. Not mine. So why do you talk like it's my fault or my doing? That makes zero sense. Are you trying to falsely accuse me or spread lies too?

Why can't people be logical and rational like I am? Sheesh.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

How did I let them in? The viruses? I told you, hackers got into Godaddy's server configuration. In case you're too stupid to know what that means, Godaddy is the company that hosts the space for this site, in which the files of this site reside in. They have vulnerability problems, which they don't fix unless you tell them about it and get on their case. I do not control whether malware comes here or not. So why are you trying to pin the blame on me? Can you please be sensible? Am I the only one that's sensible and reasonable here? Sheesh. Or are there only fruitcakes here that like to blame me for something I can't help? Ever heard of logic, reason or objective facts?

Anyway, the problem seems to be fixed now. Google no longer flags this site as a malware risk. I had Godaddy fix their servers, as you can see above. Isn't anyone going to address or acknowledge that? Or is everyone going to pretend that I caused this problem, due to their totally subjective victim blaming mentality that does not follow fact or reason?

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:

How did I let them in? The viruses? I told you, hackers got into Godaddy's server configuration. In case you're too stupid to know what that means, Godaddy is the company that hosts the space for this site, in which the files of this site reside in. They have vulnerability problems, which they don't fix unless you tell them about it and get on their case. I do not control whether malware comes here or not. So why are you trying to pin the blame on me? Can you please be sensible? Am I the only one that's sensible and reasonable here? Sheesh. Or are there only fruitcakes here that like to blame me for something I can't help? Ever heard of logic, reason or objective facts?

Anyway, the problem seems to be fixed now. Google no longer flags this site as a malware risk. I had Godaddy fix their servers, as you can see above. Isn't anyone going to address or acknowledge that? Or is everyone going to pretend that I caused this problem, due to their totally subjective victim blaming mentality that does not follow fact or reason?
I have numerous domains hosted with GoDaddy, and I have had some issues with them involving their hosting servers.
I have had a couple of spoofing abuse issues with some domains parked there and received numerous menacing complaints from their abuse department until I was able to demonstrate to them that the problem was within their own system in terms of vulnerability.

Outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I wonder why Godaddy can't permanently fix their server vulnerability.

Outwest, what type of sites do you have? Do you have an online business with them?

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:I wonder why Godaddy can't permanently fix their server vulnerability.

Outwest, what type of sites do you have? Do you have an online business with them?
My sites shall remain nameless here, but I run two media related sites and rent out about a dozen domain names.
They are considered premium domain names and they rank high as far as search criteria go. Just renting the domain names pretty well pays
my basic living costs.

Outwest
Last edited by OutWest on September 18th, 2011, 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

djfourmoney wrote:C'mon cut ODBO some slack, after-all he's an anti-MS guy. And by the way Apple users get stuff too, their just too snobbish to admit it.

Hey this is Winston's site and he makes money off it, so what? Maybe you should come up with a web site that people want to visit and monetize it.
I use a Mac and I never have any problems with malware, viruses or pop ups from this site. Occasionally I still get pop-ups but they are from different sites. BTW, if I was getting them I would report them. I don't consider myself a snob, I'm not a delusional follow the crowd type person. I just use which ever system gives me the least amount of hassle. Right now OSX is a great operating system and doesn't steal my time trying to fix endless crap like Windows operating systems do. If Apple started sucking I'd drop them and move to whoever had a better system. Right now since I am not a computer system guru and don't have the time to bother with working out bugs with Windows and figuring out how to use linux properly so I settle for OSX, until something better comes along.

If someone can afford to purchase a Mac I highly recommend it over a Windows operating system. However the price is way more for an Apple so I can understand why some people wouldn't want to spend the money to convert. But overall I've found it to be a better value and experience. I went through 3 windows laptops with three different companies, HP, Dell and Acer and they all frigging broke within weeks of the 1 year warranty expiring! WTF? So I just decided after that to buy an apple and extend the warranty out 3 years. Solved my endless computer issues with Windows systems for the most part. I had to use the warranty a few times over the 3 years but I didn't have to pay anything so didn't care. Last year I bought a MacBook Pro and so far have had zero issues with it in comparison to other computers I have owned in the past. One thing I have learned from buying electronics, name brand and final cost often determine the quality of the item over the long haul. So now if I but a typically expensive electronic item I would rather save and but quality than buy from a cheaper Chinese little known name company just cause they are cheaper. It'll just break sooner rather than later. I know almost all companies manufacture their products in China now but the higher brands have better quality control than the cheaper ones.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:

Why don't you switch to a different domain host like http://www.bluehost.com/

Sometimes going with the cheapest and most well known domain isn't the smartest idea. Too many people know about it and thus attack it. That domain host I mentioned is geared towards affiliate marketers as well. You may want to give it a try, it rates pretty good and I've used them in the past myself.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Its been reported there have been several OSX hacks, as I said most don't cry about it, only the Internet users do, aka people that just cruise the net and constantly download crap.

As for Windows' PC's? No major issues... Laptops are HP both still work, one 5 years old, this one is already out of warranty and now that I have A+, ummm I can fix it, its crashed once. But now its been backed up to Windows Home Server 2011.

My boy is using a 4 year old Dell with Traxtor DJ software.

Nothing against some Apple users but the fanboys are out of control.