Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

vasectomy

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

vasectomy

Postby sharbanee » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:31 am

What are the medical approved reasons to have a vasectomy? My partner and I have discussed it and we are not interested in having kids, due to many things that have come up. We have went to a vasectomy clinic to see what all we need to do to have one and they told us we weren't able to have a vasectomy because we do not have children yet. Does anyone know what the medical reasons are for not having a vasectomy are?
Last edited by sharbanee on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
sharbanee
Freshman Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 am

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 18, 2013 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby S_Parc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm not sure about the EU and Canada, since their medical systems are a bit different.

In the US, doctors are very worried about frivolous future lawsuits from patients, who allegedly "did not know that vasectomies were mainly irreversible", etc. Thus, in the States, many doctors go through a ritual of a primary or even secondary consultation, followed by legal waiver sessions, before performing the task, esp if that person is less than 30 or hasn't had his first born yet. Of course, some doctors can be skittish altogether so you may have to ask about a bit.

I'm rather confident that after 3 sessions, it would hardly suffice in a malpractice suit that the patient did not have enough consultation before making a life altering surgical move.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions