Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The World's Rudest Countries

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The World's Rudest Countries

Postby Taco » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Here's something to consider before you book your next flight.

The World's Rudest Nations For Travelers
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewbende ... travelers/
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby momopi » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:57 am

I visited Paris last year and didn't think the people (and waiters) there were rude. Service was excellent. In comparison, I thought the service level and attitude in Amsterdam sucked.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Falcon » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 am

A relative of mine living in Taiwan once went to Montreal, Quebec on business and said the services there were incredibly bad, from horrible transportation delays to rude people. She's been all over the world and said that was the worst trip she had ever had. She said that she never wants to go back to Quebec.

Here's a fun article:

'Paris Syndrome' strikes Japanese
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6197921.stm
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Postby sushiman » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 pm

Yeah I was in Paris and was amazed by how snotty and rude.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:28 pm

Actually, being Asian, the French treated me pretty well--all things considered. I think its because they thought I was Asian and not American. French women love Asian men for some reason...but the French absolutely despise Americans (White Americans mostly) because of U.S. foreign policy, trashy culture, and the behavior of Americans visiting France. I loved the culture and the food when I visited there a decade ago.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby navigator » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:48 am

zboy1 wrote:but the world absolutely despises Americans (White Americans mostly)

fify
navigator
Freshman Poster

Postby ph_visitor » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 am

The world doesn't despise white Americans, unless you are a pompous arsehole and then you reinforce all of the stereotypes.

Also, keep in mind, the bias that Americans live with also has a Global counter-party in those who despise Americans.

Both sides exhibit some ignorance.

Europeans, for instance, simply do not have a clue about the size, scope and breadth of the USA and immediately ask why there is less public transportation (for a Continent-sized nation), and why everyone drives.

I knew a guy whose one-way drive into work was greater than the length of the entire nation of Denmark.

That was just his commute to get TO the office. Not counting his commute to job sites hundred's of miles away, or his return to the office and commute home.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions