Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

N/A

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby ssjparris » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 am

eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
polya wrote:What a shame you've missed this summer in Europe! Winter is going to be cold. So you should start somewhere warmer like Spain or even the Southern Hemisphere.
I hope you've got family to look after your rental house - don't trust a lazy agent as they could let Ma & Pa Kettle move in and you'll come back to a shambles.

I have a great coat however, its no colder in Northern Europe than it is in Northeastern US (New England) and besides heavy socks, I didn't even wear long underwear. I was indoors most of the time (well truck cab) and never had the heater on overdrive, I drove without a the coat on. Even outside in Canada wasn't too bad, its when the WIND BLOWS that sucks. When the wind is calm I think just about anybody can handle cold weather, if property prepared for it.

I wanted to go in the summer (like last time) but so does everybody else, which rises the prices. Also the fact it takes at least six months to stack enough paper just donating plasma to come up with air fare and maybe enough money to stay a week wasn't appealing so I pushed it to Oct, but given the recent prices I have seen for travel after Jan 1st, I may not go until after Christmas and its the Southern region. Spain because of all its bad news has suffered in tourism and you can see it with airline prices.

Right now you can get RT ticket from LAX to Spain (Barcelona or Madrid) for $650... That said many industry experts predict favorable pricing to just about anywhere as they believe travel for Americans is likely to be down even more than last year or 2010.

This is why they are trying to make it up with baggage fees and fuel surcharges while keeping prices reasonable.

I disagree! Winter is a terrible time to travel, it's totally worth spending the extra money to go in summer. E.g . In Moscow there's a nude beach called the "silver Forrest" where there's thousands of girls naked each weekend - so I'm not going to save a couple of hundred dollars and wait until winter. Not to mention the bars/clubs/streets are fill in summer, but empty of women in winter.

So for me a winter trip is a false economy & it maybe the reason why many guys write tales of woe on happierabroad about their holiday being a waste of time.

I plan on spending a couple of years abroad teaching so this won't affect me.

I think plans can change - are you over 28 years? If so you'll have a lot of paperwork to file to get working visas. You might not like your new city/country & want to leave, have you got enough money to live on? Do you know how to answer immigration questions (e.g. do you have tickets home -> YES; Do you have criminal convictions? -> NO....)

Why 28?

Because we're talking about an american man going to the EU. He needs a working visa & age is critical. If he's an EU citizen, he can just go without a visa, but he's not. You guys are going to HAVE TO research visas and the VERY STRICT requirements or you'll land in a heap of trouble overseas.

Dude I have a f***ing passport. A full blown passport, I spent $8k on getting my Italian passport but unlike most most guys they don't have jack shit. And no I don't speak Italian.

Go ahead and put me in the same boat as them :D

Have you ever seen a picture of me, every time I'm in Italy people are coming up to me asking me for something.

And no I don't look like an Italian taxi cab driver.

damn dude...why so much money man for a passport. i did hear you can straight out buy foreign passports. but this was usually reserved for the rich. please share details on how and why you paid $8,000 for an italian passort.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Postby polya » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:08 am

ssjparris wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
polya wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
polya wrote:What a shame you've missed this summer in Europe! Winter is going to be cold. So you should start somewhere warmer like Spain or even the Southern Hemisphere.
I hope you've got family to look after your rental house - don't trust a lazy agent as they could let Ma & Pa Kettle move in and you'll come back to a shambles.

Dude I have a f***ing passport. A full blown passport, I spent $8k on getting my Italian passport but unlike most most guys they don't have jack shit. And no I don't speak Italian.

Go ahead and put me in the same boat as them :D

Have you ever seen a picture of me, every time I'm in Italy people are coming up to me asking me for something.

And no I don't look like an Italian taxi cab driver.

damn dude...why so much money man for a passport. i did hear you can straight out buy foreign passports. but this was usually reserved for the rich. please share details on how and why you paid $8,000 for an italian passort.

No, he certainly never "brought" an Italian Passport for that tiny price - LOL! He would have had a parent/Grandparent born in Italy (or he was) and the $8,000 would have covered all the translations, apostiles, papers, etc to get the paperwork/red tape for the passport.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Postby eurobrat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Last edited by eurobrat on Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Postby Renata » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:01 pm

eurobrat wrote:I wanted to start out in Eastern/Western Europe and make my way East. But in reality it will be wherever I can find the best paying TEFL job.

that will be the Middle East eurobrat like UAE, Saudi, Oman. The UK & Canada pay real good too. I'm in Turkey & the salary range here is 1500-2500 usd/month, plus airfare & accommodation. I have to pay my own bills & food is real cheap if you cook mostly. Don't worry about work permits & immigration at all. If a school wants you they'll pay for all immigration costs. Americans & Brits are who most foreign countries want as ESL teachers. I always have to prove my worth as an ESL teacher due to my accent, my look & nationality. I tend to find the best job offers on here www.tefl.com/
Take care & good luck man, a world awaits 8)

nice bag :)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster

Postby djfourmoney » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:23 am

I am not interested in seeing half naked women, I can see that here, Adult Con is his weekend, big whoop.

I opt for Winter travel because its cheaper. Where I'll be looking for "p***y" is INDOORS, not OUTDOORS.

The bars and nightclubs will still be packed despite the weather, who cares. Do people stop going out in NYC because its near zero? No they bundle up and walk quickly...

I could pay extra, but that would mean delaying it to next Spring, I am tried of waiting. I have waited too long already, its time to get this shit done, I live in Southern California, a few weeks or a month or so of shitty cold weather won't bother me, I can always come home.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby eurobrat » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 am

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions