Discuss and talk about any general topic.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Ghost wrote:Damn, not one? I wonder if the length has much to do with it. I know that technically one could sell a short stories by itself on kindle, and people would probably skip over it due to short length. They can get longer works for 99 cents. My novel that I am finishing up is about 56,000 words, so I hope it will sell at least some. It has some problems, but it's OK for a first attempt. It's something I would read, which means it probably won't have a huge market anyway.

Have you tried advertising your book around the web or did you just let Amazon do the advertising? If so, I recommend getting yourself into spreading word of it around. I'm going to do that with mine, so I hope that will scrounge up some interest.
I don't think length is the problem. I've read that novella length is ideal for e-readers because people like something they can read on, say, a plane flight, rather than having to go back to it several times. And I've read about collections of short stories that total only about 15,000 words that sell on Kindle. I also have three vocabulary books of lost words (going out of circulation, but useful) and a specialized exercise book on Kindle. I average about one and a half sales per month with those. I paid to have what I think are good covers made for the books, and sales went down. Very discouraging.

I don't try to do any networking or marketing. Just put them out there on Kindle and started raking in the big bucks at the rate of $5/mo.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Congrats on waking up, Ghost! Non-misandric pastures await.
And yes, it's not just about the women, but the freedom and culture as well. Once you meet foreign women, and realize that they like you for who you are, that desperation feeling goes away, and you are no longer only doing things for a lay. Western females are toxic, but all that goes away when you're around red pillers and actual women. Best of luck, brother!
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Ghost wrote:By the way, since I have talked about writing...

Well, I am mostly interested in creative writing, primarily short stories and novels. I'm almost done formatting my first novel and am getting it ready to publish it through Amazon as an e-book. I am planning to charge 99 cents per copy until I begin to make a name for myself. I do want to make money, but that is a process and for a writer, building a name is vastly more important than making money fast.

After that, I may start working on a collection of short stories as my second book. I love dystopias and apocalyptic stories, so my ideas are largely for books with those settings.

Would anyone be interested in a feminist dystopian novel?
Seems like it would do well among scifi readers.

Personaly I don't read e-books, or books for that matter (anymore). The question is how well does sci fi as a whole do in e-books. If it does well, then you should do well - because the concept will resonate.

Return to “General Discussions”