Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

The World is Doomed, Now Get Over it and Enjoy Your Life

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

The World is Doomed, Now Get Over it and Enjoy Your Life

Postby Dragon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 am

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the world as you know it is going to end. Depending on how old you are, the death of Western civilization may happen during your lifetime. The myriad forces that have hollowed out our society—feminism, Marxism, multiculturalism, egalitarianism—keep growing in strength and effectiveness every day. Like all the great civilizations of the past, ours is crumbling into dust. Our once great nations will be reduced to nothing more then names in a history book. Our culture will survive only as art pieces in a museum or footnoted translations in anthologies. The achievements of our peoples will be buried and forgotten.

And there’s not a single f***ing thing you can do about it.

That’s right: there is nothing you can do to stop the goose-stepping of time. Think about it: you are but one ant in the six billion strong colony that is planet Earth. How much can one person affect the teeming horde? Very little. Your vote doesn’t count in any race higher then city dog-catcher. Your street-side protests accomplish nothing. Politicians hire interns to shred the letters you send them. You are a fly on the ass of an ass.

The attitude among the denizens of this corner of the blogosphere, where the intellectual circles of men’s issues and conservatism intersect, is that the war is over and we’ve lost. Dennis Mangan, OneSTDV, and Prime have written recently on this, and the latter two cited my August essay on rebellion in their posts. I’ve recently come to the same conclusion as Godless Capitalist over at Prime’s – there is no saving the West:

I’ve basically come to the same conclusion. I went into blogging with hope that truth and science could turn the West around. I stopped when I realized that the West is well and truly screwed. The contradictions run too deep, the center cannot hold.

Anyway, by now it’s a moot point. These taboos are not going to change anytime soon. Civilizations *do* die. The West had a 500 year run in which it was characterized by being the most willing to jettison holy lies in favor of truth. ..

And like a man with a damaged nervous system, the West’s internal perceptions are out of sync with the external reality. Consider a hand on a hot stove. It does not matter if the lowly epithelial cells are burned by the million if the nerve cells refuse to communicate this truth to the seat of conscious action.

The West’s time in the limelight is fast coming to an end; the West will be known for fractious infighting in the years to come, with the taboo looming above like a solar eclipse, with “decent peopleâ€￾ tasked with blotting out truth for as far as the eye can see. Hate speech legislation will come to the US. Sensitivity demands it.

Oh, we rightists are correct, but Boobus Americanus can’t handle correct. Our ideology is a rational one, but despite the feeble protestations of the Aspergeress Ayn Rand and her autistic intellectual scions, human beings are inherently irrational creatures. We as a species have more in common with the Yahoos then the Houyhnhnms, and we’re a scant few steps away from reverting to caveman status. We are the heirs of a world that is not only dead, maggots are consuming its flesh.

The good news is that you are not powerless. You may not be able to stop the lemmings from marching off the cliff, but you can break off from the pack and do what you like. We may have lost, but you haven’t. The unified forces of government, society, and culture are still out to rob you, rape you, tie you down, and profit from your misery, but you don’t have to lie down and take it. You still have agency as a man, which entails having the freedom to control your life.

My name, to you at least, is Ferdinand Bardamu. I was born into this dying civilization, the elements that killed it having emerged, morphed and metastasized long before my parents even met. I work a useless job in the ruined capital of a moribund province of a once-great empire. I have a decent lifestyle, one that is far better then I deserve given my life choices, and I’m content with my existence. I’ve made my peace with the coming collapse of my society. I no longer give a damn about saving it, because my power to do so is nil.

So what am I doing? I’m working on my game and my relations with women. I’m being a loyal buddy to my buddies. I’m keeping the promises I’ve made to the people who depend on me. I’m pursuing my independent interests, which include studying up on books written by Dead White Men to watching old movies and playing old video games. I’m socking away cash in hopes of one day leaving my job to do whatever. I’m writing this blog in my spare time. In short, I’m doing what I want and can within the sphere of my own power.

I’m advising you to do the same. The social contract is dead and society isn’t loyal to you, so why the hell should you be loyal to it? You’re a free man and you can and should do what you like. Dump the 9-to-5 job and go on an adventure, go ghost, leave the country and spend the rest of your life banging hookers, join a strict religious community and start cranking out kids with your equally devout wife, or whatever you really want – the choice is yours. Talking about the fall of the West is step one: taking initiative to deal with it is step two. Just because it’s the end of the world doesn’t mean it’s the end of you.

I’ll leave off this entry with two excerpts, the first from Mencius Moldbug’s essay on “passivism“:

Since anyone with a good intuitive sense of history, which lots of people have, can sense the irresistible nature of the giant, grinding bulldozer that is the democratic movement, they respond intuitively with the natural human response corresponding to passivism: apathy. This behavior is also known as learned helplessness. Contrary to democratic dogma, LH is the normal human response to tyranny. It is almost always far more rational than resistance.

And the second from my rebellion essay:
Behaving in good faith according to the principles of our degenerate civilization will inevitably lead to your demise. It is not immoral to behave in bad faith in regards to such a society; you have no obligations to a culture that only seeks to harm you and keep you down. Rebelling is the only sane and moral option in an insane and immoral world.

You are without excuse. Now let the good times roll!

Source: ... your-life/
I am a terrible person.
Junior Poster

Postby zboy1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:45 am

Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm in New Jersey where liberalism is at its peak in the US. (besides California), so I thought if I just moved South it might be better. Then I realized, Texas will never secede. It just won't happen. I have to leave the country. I was raised as a Westerner with little knowledge or appreciation of my Eastern heritage, but now I am seeing it in a better light. I am infinitely blessed that I at least have the advantage of being part Asian. Honestly, I could probably live a good life here secure in my own knowledge. However I want to raise a family and the environment here is all wrong. I don't expect anything really major to happen until at least 2050 or so, but I would not want to condemn my future generations. I love Thomas Jefferson. The products of Western,Civilization are not all bad. Yet if a collapse is to come and the East is to rise again, I can only hope this means a rejection of Communism, the West's most vile philosophy. I must become a warrior.

Great post.
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:56 am

The social contract is dead and society isn’t loyal to you, so why the hell should you be loyal to it?

Nailed it!

Exactly. I decided that giving up on "my" society was the best move. It sees me as a second-class citizen, so I won't fight for it or try to help prop it up. I tell myself even now that it was too late to save it - even long before I was born. I am very fatalist towards collapse, but history justifies it, shows it replete throughout the human story.

Give up on the world but never on yourself.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions