More racism from that backwards shithole called ameriKKKa

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

ladislav wrote:In America, you are supposed to know your place.

From my boss, I heard a story about an African guy who was from Malawi and who applied for a scholarship to go to a US college.

He did get one but it was withdrawn when they found out that he was white- a descendant of Boers.

Also, white S. Africans are laughed at if they declare themselves to be African Americans after being naturalized in the US although for centuries they did not know any other land but Africa. Many speak African languages fluently, whereas most Black Americans have never even been to Africa.

I think the situation is developing like this: in government jobs, including the military, a huge niche has been created where non white people= particularly Blacks, Hispanics and SE Asians can prosper whereas in the private sector industry, particularly in corporate jobs such as investment banking, large manufacturing management companies, they want Anglo males. In the IT sector, anyone is welcome particularly Asians and Jews.

At the LA airport, most customs officers are black and in S. Francisco you see nothing but Chinese faces. Again, that is what I saw.

So, basically you have an informal but strong Apartheid cast system whereby you are supposed to seek employment in the areas assigned to your racial groups. That black female attempted to stick her nose into an area that was not reserved for her group. Had she applied at a Post Office job or a military job or the US Customs, she would have been favored and not some sorry-a## unemployed white guy. His experience would have been as nasty had he tried to apply where another group is supposed to be.

Some groups are left orphaned. How about E. Euros? These are not welcome anywhere by anyone. They are not wanted to run Anglo corporate world and they are called honkeys by minorities. It sucks to be one.

The US system is not backward, it is a highly sophisticated and cruel racial segregation machine.
...so where does a mixed race guy fit in?
Teal Lantern wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:I agree that Yolanda is a dead giveaway for ghetto trash. It does not mean she is ghetto, but the likelihood is high.

If the young lady is legitimately skilled, she needs to learn how to become an entrepreneur like others who have been historically discriminated against. Instead she will likely complain her way to failure.
Another avenue is to do what many non-Westerners do -- have an Anglo name they use in business.
They'll introduce themselves as "Chris" or "Steve" or "Julie" like they were born with the name, thick accent notwithstanding. :shock:

Unless you pry, you'll never know what their "real" Indian or Vietnamese (barely pronounceable, multisyllabic) name is.
Which upon hearing it, you go "OK, 'Steve', it is." :lol:
Bobby Jindal:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jindal
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

abcdavid01 wrote: Bobby Jindal:

Yeah.
You might vote for a "Bobby", if he's on your party's ballot, even if you've never seen him.
A "Piyush" sounds like something you'd help give to a stalled car. :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Yolanda is of Greek and Spanish orgin and it means violet flower..I don't see what is ghetto about it.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

abcdavid01 wrote:...so where does a mixed race guy fit in?
You nominate the most intrinsically inferior of the races you are a mixture of as your race and wait for handouts on that basis. Basically, the more worthless you are likely to be the more money you get. Since neither of your two races are regarded as inferior you are probably out of luck, except that declaring yourself Chinese might help when applying to join police forces in some places.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

We're in the information age now, true job security is dead.

It's more important now than ever to start your own business.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Teal Lantern wrote:
abcdavid01 wrote: Bobby Jindal:

Yeah.
You might vote for a "Bobby", if he's on your party's ballot, even if you've never seen him.
A "Piyush" sounds like something you'd help give to a stalled car. :wink:
Bobby Jindal was born in the USA which is a big plus. Most Americans are very nativistic and do not consider foreign born people as Americans. Again, there have been exceptions to the rule and people have gotten into the gov't but they are constantly reviled and called all sorts of names with "foreigner" being the most common one. It means jack shit if you have US citizenship or not or if you came at age 1. Plus there is even a law that will not allow them to be President.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

abcdavid01 wrote:...so where does a mixed race guy fit in?
Actually, you're good to go in the U.S. playing up the Asian background, given the way federal employment discrimination laws are written. You add to diversity, and therefore help to cover the employer's butt against suits brought on the theory that if an employer's workforce doesn't show a diversity reflective of the population at large, the presumption of discrimination is created and must be rebutted in court. In other words, too many white males and an employer is just setting itself up for a lawsuit. It would be better if you were a solid tried-and-true "twofer" -- a black woman -- but you still have a significant advantage, depending on the particular "work force" you're trying to get into.

For example, for several years quite a number of Koreans have been coming into my PhD program in mass communication. They can't speak English well enough to be understood by American undergraduates, so they can't be given TA positions, and have to pay their way through the program. But that's OK, since they come from wealthy families. They work like dogs, but are completely unable to conceptualize the curriculum material in English. It was painful watching them try to participate in seminars -- they just didn't get it. But good grades are given freely in such programs, and the Koreans would all attach their names to a bunch of bullshit, reinvent-the-wheel quantifier studies that got published in obscure academic journals, and they all -- virtually all of them -- have gotten prized tenure-track jobs in American research universities, where presumably they are instructing American undergraduates who can't understand them. I came out of the program with glowing recs, the star of the seminars, best reviews from undergrads I taught, "best dissertation and defense in 25 years," etc., but I found out soon enough I had no value on the academic job market, because I am a late-middle-age white male. I don't help protect against lawsuits, indeed I make any department that hires me more vulnerable to them.

Yeah, partial ethnicity can take you a good ways in the U.S. My niece is as privileged, upper-middle-class, suburbanite anglo as they come, but she got special considerations because she can claim to be one quarter Hispanic. Recruited by numerous colleges and scholarship offers out the wazoo.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Just an addendum to the above. A buddy of mine in the PhD program was a white male, late 30s, and one of the few true intellectuals I'd ever met. He had gotten a PhD in English in his 20s, but, owing no doubt to his race and gender, was unable to get anything but shite jobs in academia. So he picked up a second PhD in mass communication, where presumably the job prospects were much better than in English. But soon enough he could see the handwriting on the wall in that field too.

The solution: hitch his wagon to the star of one of the Korean women, who was, of course, a prized commodity. She made all of her suitors aware that they came as a package deal, so through her he was able to get first an adjunct job at Univ. of Georgia, then a tenure-track position at Michigan State.

There is a happy ending to the story. They both eventually got completely fed up with American undergraduates and American culture generally, and a year ago gave up their tenure-track positions to go to a Korean university.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

I think the situation is developing like this: in government jobs, including the military, a huge niche has been created where non white people= particularly Blacks, Hispanics and SE Asians can prosper whereas in the private sector industry, particularly in corporate jobs such as investment banking, large manufacturing management companies, they want Anglo males. In the IT sector, anyone is welcome particularly Asians and Jews.

At the LA airport, most customs officers are black and in S. Francisco you see nothing but Chinese faces. Again, that is what I saw.

So, basically you have an informal but strong Apartheid cast system whereby you are supposed to seek employment in the areas assigned to your racial groups. That black female attempted to stick her nose into an area that was not reserved for her group. Had she applied at a Post Office job or a military job or the US Customs, she would have been favored and not some sorry-a## unemployed white guy. His experience would have been as nasty had he tried to apply where another group is supposed to be.

Some groups are left orphaned. How about E. Euros? These are not welcome anywhere by anyone. They are not wanted to run Anglo corporate world and they are called honkeys by minorities. It sucks to be one.

The US system is not backward, it is a highly sophisticated and cruel racial segregation machine.
When the inevitable cutback in .gov spending comes, the minorities are going to be the hardest screwed.

Where I live, E. Euro men work mostly in factories and also in trades (asphalt, plumbing repair, car repair, etc.) --- portable, hands-on skills.
The whites don't seem to have a problem hiring them and the minorities don't seem to have a problem doing business with them.
Maybe I'm not prejudiced enough to pay attention. :lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:
Cornfed wrote:So no-one wants to hire ghetto trash - which is what one would expect with a name like Yolanda. Shocking. Of course, no c**ts should be considered for non-menial positions while there are unemployed men.
Are you serious? Nothing about the name Yolanda is ghetto or trash. Bonequisha is ghetto not Yolanda. Besides..people with "ghetto names" did not give themselves that name it does not give people a right to prejudge them. Should a White man named Bob automatically be trusted?
If you have multiple applicants for a position it is necessary to prejudge them. That is the whole point of a screening process. People with ghetto names are not a good bet, and it potentially takes years of documented misconduct before you can safely fire sheboons these days.
I agree that Yolanda is a dead giveaway for ghetto trash. It does not mean she is ghetto, but the likelihood is high.

If the young lady is legitimately skilled, she needs to learn how to become an entrepreneur like others who have been historically discriminated against. Instead she will likely complain her way to failure.
Of course this faggot is not going to see anything racist about this,so why is he even talking about it.He would be the same one to not hire any black people because they are black.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Where I live, E. Euro men work mostly in factories and also in trades (asphalt, plumbing repair, car repair, etc.) --- portable, hands-on skills.
The whites don't seem to have a problem hiring them and the minorities don't seem to have a problem doing business with them.
Which is just an inch above manual labor. You don't see them at universities or in management. You don't see them at a post office. In America, you are supposed to know your place.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

ladislav wrote:
Which is just an inch above manual labor. You don't see them at universities or in management. You don't see them at a post office. In America, you are supposed to know your place.
Maybe I'm just in a good location. It sounds like you may live around jerks. :D
The unis around here have (or, had when I was there) people from around the world as faculty.
NE Asians, Israelis, Indians (dot, not feather), and "regular" Americans.
I even knew a hubby/wife team from (I think) Ex-Yugoslavia. :)

Have you called a plumber or gone to a mechanic in the last few years?
These people get paid VERY WELL for an hour of their "inch above manual labor" (guess how I know :shock:).
Why is skilled labor some sort of insult? Everyone can't get paid to sit around and look pretty. :?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

I never thought of it that way ladislav, but now that the idea is in my head I believe it.

My dad had to start his own law practice because he sucked at office politics at the firm he was with. Some guy was bullying him and the boss wouldn't do anything, so he quit and stuck out on his own. My mom said he doesn't have the personality to work with other people and he had to start his own business...and that I'm the same way.

But he's also said being a Jew has made some of his clients trust him more. He helps out Hassids with speeding tickets (they don't care about any law but rabbinic law), but a lot of Christian clients ask him if he's a Jew and say it's good because they make the best lawyers.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

From my boss, I heard a story about an African guy who was from Malawi and who applied for a scholarship to go to a US college.

He did get one but it was withdrawn when they found out that he was white- a descendant of Boers.

Also, white S. Africans are laughed at if they declare themselves to be African Americans after being naturalized in the US although for centuries they did not know any other land but Africa. Many speak African languages fluently, whereas most Black Americans have never even been to Africa.

Keep It 100 Lad!

I guess some people are blind to the obvious.

My grandfather (Mother's side) - Construction (Brick Layer)
My grandmother (Mother's side) - Social Worker
My grandmother (Father's side) - Maid (Long Term, think "The Help")
My father - Backhoe Operator for PG&E (Power Provider for NoCal, NoNv and SoOR)
My stepfather - Driver for LA Sanitation (Trash Man)
My mother - Bank employee for 30+ years highest position VP of Black owned Bank in LA

So I never understood and never experienced ravaging poverty. But the cast system you speak about exist.

The majority of Gov Employees are People of Color. Just go into your local Social Services office and tell me what you see..

Lad there are EE's in Social Work. In fact my worker is Armenian, the one before that was Bulgarian. At the other office, one of the people I dealt with was Russian.

Teal, the repairmen for our appliances are usually Eastern Europeans. Sure being a Plumber pays well but its a dirty job and manual back breaking labor.

Its an insult because Women have made it an insult. Its not sex/glamour to be married to a Plumber/Welder/Truck Driver. Especially when some of your GF's have snagged a lawyer or young doctor.

Which makes me laugh when those of Anglo decent scream racism. They get caught in the cast system as well but their sense of entitlement kicks in at some point when they don't get that promotion they wanted.

The reality however is that we are the 99%. Chances are if you are horribly wealthy your not on the board. So at some point the infighting has to stop, its unproductive and keeps us distracted from the larger goal of equality.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

abcdavid01 wrote:I never thought of it that way ladislav, but now that the idea is in my head I believe it.

My dad had to start his own law practice because he sucked at office politics at the firm he was with. Some guy was bullying him and the boss wouldn't do anything, so he quit and stuck out on his own. My mom said he doesn't have the personality to work with other people and he had to start his own business...and that I'm the same way.

But he's also said being a Jew has made some of his clients trust him more. He helps out Hassids with speeding tickets (they don't care about any law but rabbinic law), but a lot of Christian clients ask him if he's a Jew and say it's good because they make the best lawyers.
You're a jew?
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.