Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

'We shouldn't judge people'?WTF

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

'We shouldn't judge people'?WTF

Postby Banano » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am

Can somebody explain to me who came up with this BS?

What is logic behind it

Is it part of PC engineered by elites where we are suppossed to think that ' we are all equal' when in reality we not
Banano
Veteran Poster

Postby Brazor » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 am

That's modernity for you. Its origins lie in the 17th-18th century Enlightenment. Ever since, we have basically been led by morally neutral principles:

1)equality
2)liberty
3)tolerance

These principles are not virtues. IOW, they say nothing about what we ought to do. A follower of these principles wouldn't know what he was committing his life to. He would only believe that everyone should have equal access to the "good life." But he would have no clear guide on what a "good" life is.

In a nutshell, these principles only tell us to let others do what they want to do. Hence, "we shouldn't judge people."

BTW what is now called "post-modernity" is bullshit. The real post-modernity will be defined by a challenge to Enlightenment principles.
Brazor
Freshman Poster

Postby jagulep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:45 pm

"Judge not, that ye be not judged" is in the Bible.

Although if you talk without ever judging anybody there would seem not to be much left to talk about! But as a general guide it seems to have merit or you'd just set yourself up for people to criticise you back which would probably make you feel worse.
jagulep
Freshman Poster

Postby abcdavid01 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Brazor, I think you're my new favorite poster. I'm hopeful about the end of post-modernism though. They've run out of things to deconstruct. I expect a new wave of nationalism to come about in the next couple centuries. So who stands in opposition to these non-virtues? A reactionary. This has been very eye opening:

http://radishmag.wordpress.com/
中国人万岁! 中国美女万岁!
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions