Is it hard to open a business in Western Europe

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Mr.Darcy
Freshman Poster

Is it hard to open a business in Western Europe

Post by Mr.Darcy »

I'm majoring in accounting at an american university and I would like to use my skills abroad. I'm more of a work for yourself kind of guy, so id like to do my own small financial advising thing.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

You need to have the right mindset & set the intention to do' ... you could do that it's a great idea, get on a business visa, then register yourself as self-employed ... you could offer accounting, & finance services & consultantcy. Sort out a website with content to promote yourself via networking. This route is one of the loopholes to working abroad.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

This is just my opinion and I do not know shit on this, but here in the states and it seems like the whole west is on this same template in the end. The good contracts are with big brother because smaller private enterprise is being run over by state exspansion which is being done on purpose.

Accounting is a class more or less of non producers for the most part because the tax codes are designed to baffle and create unnecessary work to try and keep us busy while the elite build their social cluster screw to try and herd us like animals and have us build our own pen in order to lock us in. The tax code is a major part of that prison pen.

Just another layer of fat that will get best results plugging into the mother layer of fat the corporate state, I am saying this because my nephew is a accountant at one of the major accounting firms in the US and he earns a good living producing nothing of value for civilization, just shoveling #'s of debt around.

So yes it can be good if you get hooked up right working for the right people!
Last edited by Moretorque on June 6th, 2013, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it hard to open a business in Western Europe

Post by Jester »

Mr.Darcy wrote:I'm majoring in accounting at an american university and I would like to use my skills abroad. I'm more of a work for yourself kind of guy, so id like to do my own small financial advising thing.
Can you still earn a CPA while living abroad? I think it would be worth the effort.

There is a booming market for tax advisors to help American expats file U.S. taxes including FEI, FBAR, and FATCA. A nice niche. And some of these guys are based in expat heavens abroad. Would do well anywhere well-off expats are buying homes. Avoid places where guys live month-to-month only on Social Security or VA.