Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Why get married?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Postby marklambo » July 30th, 2013, 3:16 am

momopi wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Probably the best thing to do if you get married abroad is to bounce her to a third country where you both aren't citizens but can live there comfortably. That way if things fall apart you're probably not financially or legally liable in any way.
That's an ultra paranoid route to take though but let's say you marry a FSU lady or something it makes perfect sense to have that extra layer of security. :lol:


Years ago at either Taipei or SG airport (forgot which one), I meet an American guy who was flying from Cambodia. He said that he had gotten married and divorced twice in the US and it was financially damaging. He went to Cambodia and married a 25 year old (half his age) and for $5,000 he bought a house on some land. His comment is that if wife #3 ever divorce him, he'd only lose $5k. Considering foreign land ownership laws, the purchase was prolly made in the wife's name.


Sounds like low risk compared to the United Scams of America. He made a smart choice by keeping his risk of loss low. I think that in this country, there should be some kind of law that puts a dollar cap/percentage cap (whichever is lower) on how much a man can be scammed from his wife from the court system. But of course this will never happen....just a pipe dream.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster
 
Posts: 709
Joined: November 4th, 2012, 1:37 pm
Location: Las Vegas




Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!



Re: Not again?

Postby Teal Lantern » July 31st, 2013, 7:54 am

djfourmoney wrote:This subject in some form or another comes up every six months and some people treat it like its some alternative lifestyle NOT to get married.

Well I got news for all of you, nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to get married.


Not yet in the USSA, anyway.

Why bachelors of Bihar are terrified
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/ ... 10945.html

Bachelor snatchers after suitable boys
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 5818565087
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
User avatar
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2766
Joined: August 14th, 2012, 12:48 am
Location: Briar Patch, Universe 25

Re: Why get married?

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » August 4th, 2013, 10:27 pm

mguy wrote:The older I get, the less marriage becomes an appealing factor for me.

Why would anyone want to get married?

I imagine marriage as this one way ticket to suburbia or mediocrity. I'd rather have gfs than a wife. Why are guys looking to get married? Is it something that is thrown at them? I don't wanna get married nor do I want a family of my own.


Mostly it is because we were brainwashed at an early age that "marriage and children" were the epitome of success. It is deeply ingrained in me. Even now? Six years down the track after being divorced? I would really quite like to raise another family. I am in line to get many millions of euros from the settlements from my cases.

And if I do? What would be wrong with finding a "twenty something" woman whose whole focus in life is to have a family. Germany is crawling with "twenty somethings" who want a family but men are refusing. So if you can do that safely? Why not?

But I am very clear the reason that I would like such is that I was brainwashed before I was old enough to resist by my one mother and father. Those were different times 40 years ago. So many boys who have grown to men are like my former sons now. They saw what their mother did and getting married would be the LAST thing on their minds I would imagine. But hey.....my former son turned 20 recently....that's more than old enough for other guys here to ask him what he thinks...

https://www.facebook.com/joshowasho?fref=ts
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1722
Joined: April 21st, 2012, 11:25 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » September 18th, 2017, 5:13 am

Marriage - It only gets worse....

Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby MrMan » September 18th, 2017, 12:09 pm

mguy wrote:The older I get, the less marriage becomes an appealing factor for me.

Why would anyone want to get married?

I imagine marriage as this one way ticket to suburbia or mediocrity. I'd rather have gfs than a wife. Why are guys looking to get married? Is it something that is thrown at them? I don't wanna get married nor do I want a family of my own.


Ethical egoism is a philosophy that says the right decision is the one that is in your own self-interest above the interests of everyone else. I can see why an egoist would not want to get married. But it does not make sense for the egoist to argue that everyone else should not get married.

But if you care about other people, marriage makes sense... if you want to have sex, at least. Sexual intercourse can produce children. Children are best raised in a two parent home with their mother and father. (There are a number of measures in which children raised by fathers are better off.) Society is better off if kids are raised in stable, two-parent homes. You are less inclined to encounter hooligans, either juvenile delinquents, or poorly raised adults if all children are raised with fathers in the home.

An egoist could also want to get married if he felt it was in his own best interest. There are benefits to marrying a woman if she is carefully chosen (at least in the west where most women are not trained to be good wives.) If he gets a wife who meets his sexual needs, cooks, cleans, etc. that's a good thing. It's also a lot less lonely.

In my case, I am a Christian, and I do not believe in having sex outside of marriage. I do not believe it is God's will and design for us to do that. There are logical reasons for it, presented above. Traditional marriage, where men lead and women follow, and where women fulfill their wifely and motherly roles, is good for society. Feminism has thrown a monkey wrench in all that, because it is a philosophy that goes against women doing and being what they are supposed to be and do. That's why careful wife selection and management of the relation going forward is so important. It is also one reason why some men prefer to marry wives from cultures with more traditional values.
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » September 18th, 2017, 3:22 pm

MrMan wrote:Traditional marriage, where men lead and women follow, and where women fulfill their wifely and motherly roles, is good for society.

How, by increasing incidents of spousal abuse and spousal murder? By making people miserable as the years go on? It only gets worse you know!

Do you know that if police note that a murder victim is married, the living spouse is always presumptive suspect number one?

Is divorce a positive and "Guud" process for society too? If there is no marriage, there is no divorce.

Finally, it is said that TAXES are good for society too. Should I then volunteer to pay an extra burden of taxes just because they say it is "Guud" for society?

Your religious brainwashers obviously lied to you. If all you can come up with to support marriage are empty platitudes about how its just "Guud," you been played like Mozart's 15th concerto. :lol:
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Adama » September 18th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Marriage is not supposed to be a legal contract before men. It is an oath before God. God will hold you to your oath, not men. Marriage is supposed to be for life, because we are not supposed to share or trade partners once they've become ours. God enforces every oath, every promise, and every vow. It is not the state you need to concern yourself with. It's the Lord who is Creator and who demands we do things the right way if we want to enjoy life.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why get married?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » September 18th, 2017, 5:06 pm

Adama wrote:Marriage is not supposed to be a legal contract before men. It is an oath before God. God will hold you to your oath, not men. Marriage is supposed to be for life, because we are not supposed to share or trade partners once they've become ours. God enforces every oath, every promise, and every vow. It is not the state you need to concern yourself with. It's the Lord who is Creator and who demands we do things the right way if we want to enjoy life.

Suppose your "God" told you to suck 10 big ones before noon each day, would you do that too?

Loser...... 8)
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Adama » September 18th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:Marriage is not supposed to be a legal contract before men. It is an oath before God. God will hold you to your oath, not men. Marriage is supposed to be for life, because we are not supposed to share or trade partners once they've become ours. God enforces every oath, every promise, and every vow. It is not the state you need to concern yourself with. It's the Lord who is Creator and who demands we do things the right way if we want to enjoy life.

Suppose your "God" told you to suck 10 big ones before noon each day, would you do that too?

Loser...... 8)


I don't presume to tell you what to do. I only tell you what God demands. As far as I know, God never said a person must sign a contract with the state to be married. A person can make a vow at any time. No priest is required. God hears every word uttered. So if a man and woman get together and make vows to each other, God will enforce those vows, as per Numbers chapter 30 and Ecclesiastes 5.

As for your speech, it is profanity against God; it is brazen disrespectful speech and blasphemy. You should honor your God with your mouth. He is the source of the nourishment which you drink, the air which you breath, and the source of life within your body. No life is possible without Him. Without Him there is only darkness and death.
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Why get married?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » September 18th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Adama wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:Marriage is not supposed to be a legal contract before men. It is an oath before God. God will hold you to your oath, not men. Marriage is supposed to be for life, because we are not supposed to share or trade partners once they've become ours. God enforces every oath, every promise, and every vow. It is not the state you need to concern yourself with. It's the Lord who is Creator and who demands we do things the right way if we want to enjoy life.

Suppose your "God" told you to suck 10 big ones before noon each day, would you do that too?

Loser...... 8)


I don't presume to tell you what to do. I only tell you what God demands. As far as I know, God never said a person must sign a contract with the state to be married. A person can make a vow at any time. No priest is required. God hears every word uttered. So if a man and woman get together and make vows to each other, God will enforce those vows, as per Numbers chapter 30 and Ecclesiastes 5.

As for your speech, it is profanity against God; it is brazen disrespectful speech and blasphemy. You should honor your God with your mouth. He is the source of the nourishment which you drink, the air which you breath, and the source of life within your body. No life is possible without Him. Without Him there is only darkness and death.

And you are brazenly disrespectful to reason and truth.

With that said, if you advocate marriage, no man should ever again do so!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Adama » September 18th, 2017, 6:02 pm

I'm only disclosing the option. A man can do as he chooses. That's only fair to presented with every option and then to make your choice. B
User avatar
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
 
Posts: 5332
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re:

Postby Yohan » September 18th, 2017, 6:23 pm

momopi wrote:Years ago at either Taipei or SG airport (forgot which one), I meet an American guy who was flying from Cambodia. He said that he had gotten married and divorced twice in the US and it was financially damaging. He went to Cambodia and married a 25 year old (half his age) and for $5,000 he bought a house on some land. His comment is that if wife #3 ever divorce him, he'd only lose $5k. Considering foreign land ownership laws, the purchase was prolly made in the wife's name.


http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-12802339
Cambodia is rather restrictive to foreign men who consider to marry a Cambodian woman.

For USD 5000,- even a local cannot buy much, this must be a hut in a rural area, something like that.
Foreign ownership in Cambodia - not possible. In Vietnam under review by the government for condominium construction, but I never heard about any progress so far.

There are not so many countries in Asia where you can buy in foreigner's name,
1 - Thailand, only condominium which must fit certain requirements
2 - Philippines, about same rules as Thailand
3 - Malaysia, you can buy land and house, but only upper class construction and this is anything else but cheap, requirements simply said do not fit a single foreign man well, this is more for a large family, some people from China, India, Saudi etc. are doing that.
4 - Japan is not a difficult place for a foreigner to buy a condominium unit. You have to ask authorities for permission first for a certain object and the construction company will give you an estimate for doing that, but usually get a positive reply within a few hours, if you are holding a working permit etc. for at least 1 year. - However to buy your own land/house as a foreigner you must be a permanent resident.

If you know other places in Asia, where you can buy land/house or at least condominium unit in foreigner's name, please let us know.
In case you divorce remember, if your name is not in the land title, you own NOTHING. Some foreign men - misinformed - had a bad surprise when they divorced especially in Thailand.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Why get married?

Postby Yohan » September 18th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Adama wrote:Marriage is not supposed to be a legal contract before men. It is an oath before God. God will hold you to your oath, not men. Marriage is supposed to be for life, because we are not supposed to share or trade partners once they've become ours. God enforces every oath, every promise, and every vow. It is not the state you need to concern yourself with. It's the Lord who is Creator and who demands we do things the right way if we want to enjoy life.


The only country in this world which has laws like that is the Catholic Philippines. It is the only country which has 'no divorce law' in this world as far as I know.

About marriage, I am now married for more than 40 years, no problem with foreign wife and our children/grandchild, I am living abroad away from Europe, but laws regarding marriage/family were totally different at that time when we married.

If I consider the present legal situation, I doubt if I would marry again. Even many young Japanese men think similar now and share my opinion, despite Japanese family law is anything else but feminist-friendly. Marriage in Japan is not risky. Still there is nothing anymore to gain with a marriage for a man - even not here in Japan.

To promote marriage between a foreigner (regardless if man or a female) with a Japanese national, the Japanese government created even a 'spouse visa', which includes unrestricted working permit and full health insurance cover for the foreign spouse - but despite conditions are not bad at all, it seems not many foreigners are interested to marry and to live in Japan. Most foreigners married with a Japanese spouse and living in Japan are Chinese, Koreans and Brazil-Japanese and some Filipinos and Vietnamese, who had already some family-connection before or were even born in Japan.
User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2586
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Why get married?

Postby MrMan » September 19th, 2017, 2:18 am

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
MrMan wrote:Traditional marriage, where men lead and women follow, and where women fulfill their wifely and motherly roles, is good for society.

How, by increasing incidents of spousal abuse and spousal murder? By making people miserable as the years go on? It only gets worse you know!

Do you know that if police note that a murder victim is married, the living spouse is always presumptive suspect number one?


A tiny percentage of the population dies by murder. But if you got married, your chances of murder could be higher than the average married man's. Maybe you should stay away from it.

Finally, it is said that TAXES are good for society too. Should I then volunteer to pay an extra burden of taxes just because they say it is "Guud" for society?


I've given plenty of good, practical benefits for why a man might want to get married. A lot of your anti-marriage MGTOW arguments don't hold true outside of the western world, anyway. If those don't appeal to you, fine.

If you think egoism is ethically the right way to go, then it would make sense to try to reduce your own taxes, but not everyone else's. You benefit from other people paying taxes to build the roads and keep the buildings, bridges, etc. inspected. You also benefit from people who have kids being married in terms of a lower crime rate and the side benefits of a well-raised skilled work force. Marriage contributes to that overall. You benefit from people having children because if you are 78 later on and can't move a piece of furniture, the guys you hire to move it aren't 78 also, because there is a younger generation. You reap the benefits of that which you criticize. If you think marriage is personally bad for men, you reap some benefits from being in a society that has it. Your arguments against marriage are irrational from the perspective of egoism, which seems to be your approach to the issue.

Your religious brainwashers obviously lied to you. If all you can come up with to support marriage are empty platitudes about how its just "Guud," you been played like Mozart's 15th concerto. :lol:

I don't know if you are unable to follow a line of reasoning or just unwilling. Whose brainwashed? You seem brainwashed to me with this extreme irrational anti-MGTOW stuff.

And if you have to resort to asking questions about homosexual acts (to another poster), what does that say about the logic of your arguments? Why can't you present solid reasons? What what is it about your mind that makes you want to think about homosexual oral sex in a conversation about marriage? That's just nasty and it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Why share these homosexual-related thoughts out of the blue?
MrMan
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2084
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Why get married?

Postby Contrarian Expatriate » September 19th, 2017, 10:55 am

MrMan wrote:I've given plenty of good, practical benefits for why a man might want to get married.

No you haven't! You've just given variations of the tired cliche of "Murrage is jus' GUUD."

This is one of the fatal flaws of Christianity and brainwashed Christians like yourself who think they are doing good when they are not. Your model of masculinity is Jesus himself who suffered and died for the benefit of others (as their belief goes.) So suffering and dying on behalf of others is your ideal and you emulate it!

I reject that moronic malarkey just as I reject Christianity. Men should not be thinking that they need to "take one for the team" by marrying some wrinkling and nagging money pit that is woman. You made that choice so live with it, but don't systematically try to take other men down that dark road in the process!

When a man marries, he is actively supporting a society that reviles him and his manhood. It is akin to one agreeing to be enslaved in a slaving society that he SHOULD be working to uproot!
Feel free to visit my sites and to leave your respected words of wisdom:

http://thedeclineofmyamerica.blogspot.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/ContrarianExpatriate
Contrarian Expatriate
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: December 3rd, 2009, 6:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests