Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Why get married?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby marklambo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 am

momopi wrote:
Repatriate wrote:Probably the best thing to do if you get married abroad is to bounce her to a third country where you both aren't citizens but can live there comfortably. That way if things fall apart you're probably not financially or legally liable in any way.
That's an ultra paranoid route to take though but let's say you marry a FSU lady or something it makes perfect sense to have that extra layer of security. :lol:

Years ago at either Taipei or SG airport (forgot which one), I meet an American guy who was flying from Cambodia. He said that he had gotten married and divorced twice in the US and it was financially damaging. He went to Cambodia and married a 25 year old (half his age) and for $5,000 he bought a house on some land. His comment is that if wife #3 ever divorce him, he'd only lose $5k. Considering foreign land ownership laws, the purchase was prolly made in the wife's name.

Sounds like low risk compared to the United Scams of America. He made a smart choice by keeping his risk of loss low. I think that in this country, there should be some kind of law that puts a dollar cap/percentage cap (whichever is lower) on how much a man can be scammed from his wife from the court system. But of course this will never happen....just a pipe dream.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Re: Not again?

Postby Teal Lantern » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:54 am

djfourmoney wrote:This subject in some form or another comes up every six months and some people treat it like its some alternative lifestyle NOT to get married.

Well I got news for all of you, nobody holds a gun to your head and tells you to get married.

Not yet in the USSA, anyway.

Why bachelors of Bihar are terrified
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/10/ ... 10945.html

Bachelor snatchers after suitable boys
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 5818565087
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Why get married?

Postby PeterAndrewNolan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:27 pm

mguy wrote:The older I get, the less marriage becomes an appealing factor for me.

Why would anyone want to get married?

I imagine marriage as this one way ticket to suburbia or mediocrity. I'd rather have gfs than a wife. Why are guys looking to get married? Is it something that is thrown at them? I don't wanna get married nor do I want a family of my own.

Mostly it is because we were brainwashed at an early age that "marriage and children" were the epitome of success. It is deeply ingrained in me. Even now? Six years down the track after being divorced? I would really quite like to raise another family. I am in line to get many millions of euros from the settlements from my cases.

And if I do? What would be wrong with finding a "twenty something" woman whose whole focus in life is to have a family. Germany is crawling with "twenty somethings" who want a family but men are refusing. So if you can do that safely? Why not?

But I am very clear the reason that I would like such is that I was brainwashed before I was old enough to resist by my one mother and father. Those were different times 40 years ago. So many boys who have grown to men are like my former sons now. They saw what their mother did and getting married would be the LAST thing on their minds I would imagine. But hey.....my former son turned 20 recently....that's more than old enough for other guys here to ask him what he thinks...

https://www.facebook.com/joshowasho?fref=ts
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions