Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by celery2010 »

We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.

Even a good six figure job is enough to get some decent prospects, regardless of country. So why do some guys here not try to focus on making money rather than focusing singularly on the women?

Even when you do decide to go abroad and even to an easy country like the Philippines, the Dominican Republic or Eastern Europe, money will have a HUGE effect on the quality of women you can date. A good six figure income in a poor country is very valuable. And of course, having a lot of money would help even more. Why are more guys here not focused on this?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Possibly because the system in the West is essentially communism now, so the average man often has no control over how much money he has, and in any case if he does get money it can be taken away from him for a thousand reasons or no reason at all. Hence men sensibly choose to focus on other things.
Jeremy
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeremy »

Because of this credentialist system we live in, your entire career trajectory is already decided by 21 tops. After that age, there's really nothing you can do. Didn't get the right certifications or make the right connections in your teens? Too bad. Go flip burgers for the next 50 years.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

LOL. "Even a six figure job is enough." You talk like getting a six figure job is easy. Even most people with advanced degrees who work themselves nearly to death won't make that kind of money.

In today's America it's hard just to make it into the middle class. Not just for high school grads, but for a lot of people with degrees as well. The average income for full-time workers with bachelor's degrees has actually gone down 15 percent since 2000, even though tuition has gone up 72 percent.

So many guys in uni think they're going to get an awesome job that pays well as soon as they graduate and a nice woman to go along with that. You know, the American dream. Then they get a dose of reality when they graduate and can't find even a slightly decent job after applying for hundreds of jobs, still can't get a girlfriend, and have to move back in with their parents. Not the mention the issue of being tens of thousands of dollars in debt due from college loans.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by Moretorque »

celery2010 wrote:We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.

Even a good six figure job is enough to get some decent prospects, regardless of country. So why do some guys here not try to focus on making money rather than focusing singularly on the women?

Even when you do decide to go abroad and even to an easy country like the Philippines, the Dominican Republic or Eastern Europe, money will have a HUGE effect on the quality of women you can date. A good six figure income in a poor country is very valuable. And of course, having a lot of money would help even more. Why are more guys here not focused on this?
Your mentality is quit probable why man will be terminated shortly.
Time to Hide!
ContraMundumRants
Freshman Poster

Post by ContraMundumRants »

You said that having lots of money attracts women. This is true, but do you want
women to love you for the size of your bank account?

I like it when a woman is attracted to me for who I am, not for my money, and I don't
care if that sounds corny or romantic.

I read a PUA guy once say that if you are a rich guy, and you start dating a girl,
you should never show her your best cars, best apartments, best clothing, etc.

Dress modestly, don't show off any of your wealth, take her to a modest apartment,
so that she falls in love with you, not your wallet.

As for the getting rich part, please tell us your ideas
about how to get rich in this economy, because it's not the easiest thing in the
world when you live in a country like mine (Spain) with sky-high unemployment,
specially for the young population.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

ContraMundumRants wrote:You said that having lots of money attracts women. This is true, but do you want

I like it when a woman is attracted to me for who I am, not for my money, and I don't

I read a PUA guy once say that if you are a rich guy, and you start dating a girl,

Dress modestly, don't show off any of your wealth, take her to a modest apartment,
That just shows you what stupid crap PUA come out with. I've read the same thing from females. Instead of smoking hot females cynically intending to loot his wealth he would have a smaller number of fat heifers cynically intending to loot his wealth. As to wanting females to "love you for you", such a thing is simply not possible. Females are survival-driven robots that focus of what men can do for them, whether it is providing them with resources, enhancing their social status (which they parlay for access to resources) or whatever. That is the world we have always lived in.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Cornfed wrote:
ContraMundumRants wrote:You said that having lots of money attracts women. This is true, but do you want

That just shows you what stupid crap PUA come out with. I've read the same thing from females. Instead of smoking hot females cynically intending to loot his wealth he would have a smaller number of fat heifers cynically intending to loot his wealth. As to wanting females to "love you for you", such a thing is simply not possible. Females are survival-driven robots that focus of what men can do for them, whether it is providing them with resources, enhancing their social status (which they parlay for access to resources) or whatever. That is the world we have always lived in.
I agree. Unless the girl is unattractive, old, fat, or all of the above, she won't love a guy for who he is. She "might" love him for him if he's attractive as a super model but then again, that would only feed into her desire of increasing her social status. It is usually for what the man has or what she thinks he MAY have in the future. If a woman is attractive, a man with good qualities is never going to be enough for her. Ugly women on the other hand are different, are a little more lenient, and would sometimes take a guy for his good heart. But that's only because she really doesn't have as many options as the attractive woman.

If a man is a great person, loving, caring, etc, but if he's broke or not good looking, he'll have a very hard time finding any kind of woman that wants him for his inner qualities. Women always claim they look for this but it's such bullshit. There are plenty of men that cross their paths who would be classified as "great" guys but they always push them away. Maybe things are a little different overseas but it was always this way in our Western society and continues to be.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

marklambo wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

I agree. Unless the girl is unattractive, old, fat, or all of the above, she won't love a guy for who he is. She "might" love him for him if he's attractive as a super model but then again, that would only feed into her desire of increasing her social status. It is usually for what the man has or what she thinks he MAY have in the future. If a woman is attractive, a man with good qualities is never going to be enough for her. Ugly women on the other hand are different, are a little more lenient, and would sometimes take a guy for his good heart. But that's only because she really doesn't have as many options as the attractive woman.

If a man is a great person, loving, caring, etc, but if he's broke or not good looking, he'll have a very hard time finding any kind of woman that wants him for his inner qualities. Women always claim they look for this but it's such bullshit. There are plenty of men that cross their paths who would be classified as "great" guys but they always push them away. Maybe things are a little different overseas but it was always this way in our Western society and continues to be.
Yeah, but come on. The same thing holds true for girls as well. If a woman is a nice person, loving, giving and pleasant to be around, but she happens to be fat and ugly and has no money, you think i'm gonna be interested in her? OK, we'll take out the fat part. Other guys will feel the same-- but more mediocre guys will give her a chance, but it's because they have less options.

At least us guys have money/power/fame as more of an equalizing factor. For the girl above, she'd have to be a multi-millionaire before the money starts to come into my head.

And this is only more so in Asia, Latin America and eastern europe-- all about the money.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Heck if Winston made 300K a year, heck even 100K a year in Asia, he'd be swimming in it. No need for him to struggle.
Of course, he WOULD need to spend some of it, on some nice suits and watches, a nice apartment/house and a luxury car. Take the girl out to nice restaurants. Even if he didn't find love, he'd get dates.

In countries like Thailand, the Philippines, Brazil, the Ukraine, etc, women marry guys for money. Trying to find good looking studs is more of a western thing. So why not focus on making more money?

As for the other responses, this is America, land of the entrepreneur. There should be more people on this forum talking about how to make more money and networking.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Trust me OP I think some of us are working on that as well. I moved into a new, higher-paying job just last year and I'm gaining valueable experience in my field to move higher. I haven't yet reached the average peak earnings for someone in my profession -- it's a meritocracy based on skills/experience. I'm also working on an entrepreneurial side-business that I hope to oneday turn into my full-time job. I have another buddy who is going a similar route. My goal is to have more mobility in a day job and/or work independently from home so that I could have more time and geographical freedom to visit other places and, meet interesting women.
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

celery2010 wrote:Heck if Winston made 300K a year, heck even 100K a year in Asia, he'd be swimming in it. No need for him to struggle.
Why do you keep implying that making 100K a year is easy when even most people with advanced degrees in hot fields that devote their lives to their job don't make that much and so many college grads can't even make it into middle class? Seriously dude, what fairy tale are you living in? I don't understand how anyone can be this out of touch with reality.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The Professor wrote:
celery2010 wrote:Heck if Winston made 300K a year, heck even 100K a year in Asia, he'd be swimming in it. No need for him to struggle.
Why do you keep implying that making 100K a year is easy when even most people with advanced degrees in hot fields that devote their lives to their job don't make that much and so many college grads can't even make it into middle class? Seriously dude, what fairy tale are you living in? I don't understand how anyone can be this out of touch with reality.

Paid in what? can't believe people cannot see this.
Time to Hide!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

The Professor wrote:
Well ... as a contractor/consultant, that's $50/hr, with an average of 40 hours per week of receivables.

Even a junior consultant, working for an Accenture or Cap Gemini is farmed out at $125/hr by his parent company. The difference between an individual and a mainstay consulting firm is that the individual has to have all of his own know-how & equipment and thus, doesn't get the very high billing rates, as a big fish with a large company's sales force. In addition, the junior only gets some $30-35 of that $125.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Re: Why Aren't More Guys Here Focused on Getting Rich?

Post by Maverick »

celery2010 wrote:We all know that getting rich, powerful or famous (or better yet, all three) works for practically all men in getting women.

I have a near 6 figure job now at a young age. By next year, with my guaranteed increase, it will be 6 figures.

I work too much and have no freedom. I would trade this for making way less and the ability to do what I want when I want.