Neighbors mad at family for painting their house red

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

Teal Lantern wrote:
fightforlove wrote:I don't think there was anything racist about this, just simply someone with tacky taste messing up the aesthetics of the neighborhood. Americans are so hyper-sensitive and retarded about race and quick to label someone a "racist".

If the neighbors don't like it, they should create a neighborhood policy banning red houses.
What if someone made a yellow & green checkerboard house or purple background with pink dots?
The HOA board can't anticipate every possible nuisance color or pattern.
HOA rules are vague for just such reasons.

If they explicitly banned red, now, after the fact, this red house would be grandfathered in.

By crying "das rayciss!!" and being easy on the eyes, she'll probably win enough mangina sympathy points to get the HOA to either back off completely, or cover the cost of painting the house a milder color. :roll:
"Rules" don't apply, when you have lady-parts. :twisted:

Personally I think it looks like shit. I can understand some people for wanting to maintain a certain "look" to their neighborhood. Painting houses funky colors, putting up ugly fences, parking junky old cars on the street and in the lawn, etc, I guess homeowners are supposed to be able to sense what the "unwritten rules" of the neighborhood are, but if an issue arises like this one, it's time for a written policy to go into effect. Anyways, there are other neighborhoods in Miami or out in the country where you can paint houses red to your hearts content. :D
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

momopi wrote:
Moretorque wrote:First off do you own your land in Turkey? because you dam sure do not own it in America.
Define "land ownership".

(Hint: it's probably impossible to have absolute allodial title, because it assumes that there is a higher authority who can issue such titles)
You don't have to pay taxes on it and you can do with it as you please without having to get approval and pay for permits to do what you want with it. This is within reason of course.

There is a lean on all US property securing it to a hidden creditor, the creditor is now coming for the land.
Time to Hide!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Moretorque wrote:
momopi wrote:
Moretorque wrote:First off do you own your land in Turkey? because you dam sure do not own it in America.
Define "land ownership".

(Hint: it's probably impossible to have absolute allodial title, because it assumes that there is a higher authority who can issue such titles)
You don't have to pay taxes on it and you can do with it as you please without having to get approval and pay for permits to do what you want with it. This is within reason of course.

There is a lean on all US property securing it to a hidden creditor, the creditor is now coming for the land.
In Turkey one would need a constuction permit for any building work they intend to do, it's actually a good thing in that the gov't protects agricultural land. I find that honourable. Land is cheap here but I wouldn't invest here due to all this war going on east & south of here.

Back home in my country you could build 2-3 floors, dig a tunnel, replace your stairs with a slide lol, no one would care; as long as it's not affecting them directly. Eg. neighbour's fruit tree making mess in your yard when the fruits fall & rotten etc, these are the usual problems we have.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:
Define "land ownership".

Interesting stuff. They didn't teach this in real estate school.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allodial_title
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

The whole neighborhood looks like stucco garbage with oversized setbacks.