Define irony: Yeah! I got fired on Labor Day LOL

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Where should I stay?

Stay in Phoenix, Arizona
No votes
Move to Dallas, Texas (IT out the ying-yang)
64%
Move to Houston, Texas
9%
Move to SF Bay Area, California
No votes
Move back to Chicago, Illinois
No votes
Move back to NYC
No votes
Other/Misc.
27%

Total votes: 11
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
The Professor wrote:Did they warn you before this before this happened or just fire you out of the blue?
Taco wrote:Well, don't worry about getting fired. The last time I was fired I found a job a few months later making twice as much money. I've heard Texas has a lot of jobs right now but I don't know much about it. You can google "Texas jobs" see what you come up with. I hope everything works out for you.
Don't worry? He's only got a little time left in his homeless shelter, he's on the brink of homelessness all because of making a harmless comment.
Thank you for you caring for me. However, they didn't warn me. I never used a pejorative during the calls. I really don't remember making c.rass comments. All I remember is all the people whom I got to enroll at the college (not on every call nor most calls was I the reason they fired me) I would make then feel very special.
Man, so they just fired you for making some harmless comment even though nobody even told you they were offended and nobody even gave you a warning and you were doing a good job? And now homelessness is almost imminent as a result?

That's just how it is in this world today. It has nothing to do with race though. If you are a man you're expected to act like a castrated servant who doesn't even know that DSR exists when you're on the clock and even when off the clock when interacting with coworkers or customers. Make one woman even the slightest bit uncomfortable and you will find yourself out of a job. They don't even need any proof and more often than not, none is provided. I've known men who have had the same thing happen to them. Of course flirty women get a free pass but what don't women get away with these days?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

zboy1 wrote:Dallas would be my pick, E_Irizzary! Like the others have mentioned: Texas's economy is hot right now! Well...until the liberals come in and muck-it up somehow like they have done to California's and Michigan's economy...
Michigan was decades in the making.

Um, as far as I know we have no major budget issues in California and I pay quite close attention to what's happening. Now if you listen to Right Wing media which includes Libertarians, they will vilify California at the drop of a hat.

Mike Shedlock went on some rant about California's budget about six months ago and I called him on it, he's from Michigan and he sent me a curse word laced rant in return.

So how is California screwed up, please explain and if you go off on some Men's Rights tangent I would consider your response less than creditable.

I am only leaving because Western women are impossible and I want to marry somebody 30 and younger, not 30 and older which happens to be my pool in the US. I also can't afford "dating" here, but otherwise I like it just fine, its not perfect, no place is, but its in much better shape than 90% of America.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Cornfed wrote:
Anti-American wrote:Why not just go outside the United States? What's stopping you?
Probably the fact that he is broke.

Good luck OP. I knew we had something in common - we are not looked after by the system and so have to live by our wits.
Who said he needed money? $500 would last him a few months in Mexico honestly. I can't find the right audio file anymore, but on Johnny's show Expat Files, he read an email from a guy who was laid off at Dell when the crisis was only a few months old.

He got a job twirling a sign on the side of the road. When he finally got kicked out of his apartment, he said enough was enough. He sold whatever else he had, took some minor clothing items, his Dell laptop, put in all in a backpack, crossed the broader without a passport and is currently doing fine in Mexico.

He had nothing to lose, Ez hasn't gotten to that point yet. I have....
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

What do you need to record? If it's just space, I've got an empty rental unit for a few weeks down the road in Tucson. Doesn't have any furniture in it, and will be going on the market next week, but it should be empty for a little while. You'd have to find something to throw on the (right now) dirty carpeting to sleep, and work around cleaning people for the next week, and then (hopefully) realtors and their buyers. It's a condo complex, so can't make a lot of noise early or late, and the old lady upstairs will bitch anyway.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

gsjackson wrote:What do you need to record? If it's just space, I've got an empty rental unit for a few weeks down the road in Tucson. Doesn't have any furniture in it, and will be going on the market next week, but it should be empty for a little while. You'd have to find something to throw on the (right now) dirty carpeting to sleep, and work around cleaning people for the next week, and then (hopefully) realtors and their buyers. It's a condo complex, so can't make a lot of noise early or late, and the old lady upstairs will bitch anyway.
I already have a 24/96 kHz-sample-resolution $300 USB 2.0 mic that kicks mega a.s.s., a 4GB-PC6400 physical RAM laptop (I want to expand it to 8GB because it's only DDR2 *sigh* - I really wanted 16GB of physical RAM TBH!), a 49-key MIDI Keyboard Controller, REAPER Digital Audio Workstation that I lay down the tracks AND in alternate sessions, use it to import the bed track from FL Studio and play humanized key'ed chords on the MIDI in REAPER to marry the two together.

So that's why I don't want to go into a "real" studio when all I need is a quiet place without too many audible artifacts introduced into the recording equation.

If Nas can record Illmatic in his bathroom shower, then I can make quality recordings in a closet or an apt or the studio apt itself.

Thank you, sir for your offer, but I sing in the tenor register (probably at a C3) and I would get TUC PD on my a.s.s.crack quickly and AZ cops are a trip with zero tolerance so I'd have to politely pass, sir.