Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Good Place to Spend a Few Weeks on Vacation

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Good Place to Spend a Few Weeks on Vacation

Postby HouseMD » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:39 pm

So, I've got a couple months off this summer and was wondering where some good places to visit and just have fun would be. I'm looking to go someplace new, mostly looking toward Asia. I am not looking to get laid, as I currently have a girl, so I'm really just trying to find places that will be the most interesting and lively if I'm hanging out at the bar or whatever. Money isn't an issue, but I usually travel cheap anyway, as I find eating like a local and staying in cheaper hotels tends to give you a better feel for a country than staying in an insulated five star monstrosity resort. I know a lot about Filipino culture, as I dated one for years, and really like Filipinos in general, which makes the PI appealing. China is China- I feel like everyone has to see it before they die, but it'll probably be more difficult to navigate than the PI. Japan seems like another great destination to just have fun and explore. Since I'm not looking to get laid, Thailand is pretty much out- I like the country, but I think I'll save a visit for if/when I'm single again. Anything I'm missing? What would you guys recommend?
HouseMD
Experienced Poster

Postby xiongmao » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Japan is awesome, especially if you like trains, tech, anime, robots or beautiful ladies. Well what man doesn't like some/all of those?

Do some hunting around and you can find really cheap rooms in Tokyo, but just don't take much luggage because they're usually miniscule.

Also you can normally get a 3 month visa on arrival.

I went to Japan without knowing any Japanese. But if you can learn at least the Katakana alphabet then you'll be able to read a whole load of menus and signs.

There's loads to see in Tokyo that's off the beaten track. I found a parasite museum, a condo in the shape of a space ship, and I could possibly be the first foreigner ever to have visited the Kikkoman soi sauce factory. It was such an epic train journey through suburbia to get there I'm sure nobody else has gone there before.
In February 2013 I quit my boring job and now I'm Happier Abroad...
Do YOU want to date beautiful foreign women? Find out which country's women are best for you, and which dating site to look for them on!
Plus, if you like Asian girls, then check out my free Asian dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions