Back On After a Little Bit of a Hiatus.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Back On After a Little Bit of a Hiatus.

Post by zacb »

Hello!

I have been working and trying to figure out what I am doing with my life. My job is part time, but has allowed me to sock some money away and start on the road to my goals. In January or February (when my spring break is) I am going to take a week trip to Colombia. I would do it now, but in between cost and my language skills (learning Spanish through Pimsluer's), I want to wait a bit. I am also considering looking into Chile, Panama, and Mexico (since all can be reached relatively inexpensively). I also have found a black gf, and her mom agreed to let us date (bit of an age difference, but nothing too bad). Her mom is from the south, and it seems like that traditionalism has rubbed off on her daughter. While I am waiting for her to graduate school, I will continue to work and save, as well as scout out these areas. I am also trying to work on my programming skills, as well as figure out what I am doing. I had been off because I had become discouraged due to not being able to afford to move abroad, but now I think I can at the very least visit, and know what the other side is like if nothing else.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

It sounds like you are actually respecting being a true expatriate in a non-English-speaking country by trying to learn Spanish. #Kudos

It may take you a long time or not, but you'll get the gist of Spanish.

Although you have a girlfriend, you need to still get some buns down there in Colombia. What's going to Colombia without getting buns unless you are EXTREMELY-pressed for time that you cannot even P4P down there.

OH yeah *in Ice Cube 1991 voice*, do not get your Black girlfriend pregnant!! Or you'll be "100 miles and running" like NWA #IceCubesFormerGroup
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:OH yeah *in Ice Cube 1991 voice*, do not get your Black girlfriend pregnant!! Or you'll be "100 miles and running" like NWA #IceCubesFormerGroup
LOL! I second what E says!

But seriously if you're going abroad why even have a girlfriend? Just bang her a few times and a few nice dinner dates and move on
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thanks.

I was thinking about the Philippines before, but upon closer examination, I realistically could not afford it. I am kinda happy I am getting my shit together, and just wanted to give an update. Originally when I came on here, it was to get the f**k out of the states due to the march of statism and lack of freedom (along with a relatively high cost of living). Having said that, I am just scouting out the area for once I get my shit together. I am a white, and I was not even trying to look for a black chick, but compared to even white chicks, she was relatively reserved, and when we spent the night once, she even made breakfast. Maybe I am just being over the top, but I personal like her, and she is rather cute. She also mentioned that when she lived in Detroit (her mother and family used to live there), guys were just assholes and she hated how they cheated and such. She seems like a keeper, but I will see how it goes, even though to be honest I am kind of a beta around here, even though she does not mind. But as for her overall, I like her, and she seems loyal and not too attracted to BS in the black community, so unlike other blacks (with all due to the African Americans on here who are chill), she actually seems to get it.

But on the general theme, I am working for a food sampling firm, and earning decent money, so trying to stash it away while I can, and will decide how to invest it once I get a decent amount. I am at a pause on the Spanish due to leaving my pc cord at a friend's, but atm I am on 11 track of the beginner part of the course. But yeah, I don't plan on marrying her until we move (she is keen on the idea of Mexico, although she is ok with whatever, although I want some input from her). I would maybe like to get a Paraguayan citizen, but not sure about property rights and gun rights (penalties for illegal guns, and gun policy.org had little to say about that). I have one more year of college paid for, so I am going to go one more year at least, and then wait for her before I finish the last year of my MIS degree. So it might be a while before I leave, but at least I am making some progress on the scouting part at least.

As for the US, I am scared shitless. I am trying to protect my savings in small ways (like the Kroner and such), but the national debt still worries about the economic opportunities of this country and whether we will turn into something even worse than Japan. One other thing I have noticed even more (thanks to a Dutch conservative friend) is all the cultural Marxism. I am all for a freedom, but it is absurd how the federal government subsidizes stupid activity without a thought. I disagree with my friend on a few things, but I agree it is asinine to support stupidity. It is one thing to do something and accept consequences, but it is another to bailout people's asses. On the topic of finances and business, the government seems like it wants you to be a serf, unlike other countries, like a work colleague pointed out (she wants to retire to Belize). Heck, in Panama they offer a ton of incentives to live there, especially for the elderly, and the government actually want people to retire, as well as start businesses there.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

BTW that NWA song was a good song. Good musical taste.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Good to see the progress zacb.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thanks David. Hope your plans are proceeding well.