Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Polish girl comments to me about the UK 'ladette' culture

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Polish girl comments to me about the UK 'ladette' culture

Postby mattyman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:50 am

Thought you guys would be interested to know something about lasts night, where I got talking to this girl from Poland at my local couch surfing meet-up.

During the long conversation, after sharing experiences of work and travel, she brought-up the fact that when she first went out in the UK, she was shocked to see young women getting drunk, vomiting, being aggressive and everything, and also mentioned that she'd feel ashamed if she found she behaved like that.

She mentioned that there was one time where she almost got drunk, and told me how she would feel 'Oh my God! What have I done!'. She told me openly that in Poland, for a woman to get drunk and aggressive, it's still viewed as shameful. She seemed to like the fact that getting drunk is very unfeminine and also, the other guy next to me commented that he finds ladette-type behaviour unattractive. She also brought up the fact that there are MANY girls here that have absolutely no shame in behaving in that disgusting manner.

I know that one of the biggest complaints about English women is this, the drunkenness, the ladette behaviour. The whole drinking as much as you can, as fast at you can thing, regardless.

As for this girl, I got the impression that she strongly disapproved of this mentality. She was very much of the attitude that it's shameful for a woman, not so for a man.

Btw, apart from that topic she brought-up, she was very friendly, warm and gregarious company to be around, had many interesting experiences to share and generally felt like being on a similar wavelength to me. Was also quite a good looker too :-). She gave me her number and added me on FB before I left, mentioned that she was free, was asking me what I'm up to on the weekend :-).

Anyway, I thought I'd share this little observation with you all as evidence that the whole ladette culture is looked-down upon and seen as unfeminine.
mattyman
Freshman Poster

Postby Jester » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 am

So do be the gent, ring her up, and get into her knickers, eh wot?
"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to General Discussions