Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Important Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Which forum theme do you prefer when we upgrade to phpbb3?

Artodia Elegance
2
13%
Artodia Ultra Blue
3
19%
Artodia Phantom
1
6%
Proglass
4
25%
SubAndreas
5
31%
Subsilver
0
No votes
Prosilver
1
6%
 
Total votes : 16

Important Poll: Vote on our new forum theme!

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:23 am

Now that the migration to Bluehost is complete, our new project is to upgrade the forum to phpbb3 and select a new forum theme there. I've looked at all of them and narrowed it down to these choices. Please look at all of them and vote on which one you like best.

They all look nice and are blue and white themes. But we gotta decide on one of them. So I wanted to know which one you all prefer. Look at the demo of all of them below. Then cast your vote above.

Artodia Elegance
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ance/demo/

Artodia Ultra Blue
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... blue/demo/

Artodia Phantom
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ntom/demo/

Proglass
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/proglass/demo/

SubAndreas
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... as08/demo/

Subsilver
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... ver3/demo/

Prosilver (the default theme)
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... lver/demo/
Last edited by Winston on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm







Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am

SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 am

eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.


SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.
Last edited by Winston on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:45 am

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.


SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.


Looks clean, not sure about the font though.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:17 am

Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:29 am

eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.


What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby starchild5 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 am

SubAndreas for me..Much cleaner and fonts are bigger and crisp :)
User avatar
starchild5
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 am

Postby Renata » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.


SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.


You always ask for opinions & advice then you just do whatever you want, because you've already pre-selected haven't you? :lol: Regardless of the majority vote. :roll: So I'll just vote at random.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Renata
Experienced Poster
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 11:14 pm
Location: Ireland

Postby Winston » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Renata wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:SubSilver & any of the Artodia's.


SubSilver is nice. But it looks too old style. Forums looked like that when they first came out. I'm looking for a more upscale look.

I'm leaning toward SubAndreas. What do you all think? It looks like a vbulletin theme.


You always ask for opinions & advice then you just do whatever you want, because you've already pre-selected haven't you? :lol: Regardless of the majority vote. :roll:


Maybe I just want to see if the majority vote will be the same as mine. :)

No really though. That's not true. In the ladies forum, you suggested that the theme be purple, and we changed it to that. Remember?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby eurobrat » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.


What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?


I mean the home page, and the homepage is just old looking content and photo's. It could be cleaner. Think of it as running a restaurant.... Would you eat at a place that looks old and disorganised?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:18 am

Postby publicduende » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:57 pm

Artodia Ultra Blue is really the classiest of the lot.
User avatar
publicduende
Veteran Poster
 
Posts: 2630
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:20 pm

Postby Winston » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:50 pm

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.


What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?


I mean the home page, and the homepage is just old looking content and photo's. It could be cleaner. Think of it as running a restaurant.... Would you eat at a place that looks old and disorganised?


The home page is not disorganized. It's just compacted with a lot of things jammed close together. Look at CNN's home page. It's has way more stuff compacted close together than mine does. Yet it works and is successful. Why? lol

http://www.cnn.com

FYI, people eat at places that look old if it brings them a feeling of nostalgia or has an earthy cozy feel. It's the location that matters.

Come on you guys. We need more votes on the themes.

Renata, which theme do you like?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Paloaltoguy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Also with the new blog update I think you should have an even balance of stuff from SA, Europe and Asia. As of right now I think the image of the site is far too Asia centric.


What blog update do you mean? How are we gonna have an even balance? It's the posters that create the content, not me. I can't control where people go or where they post trip reports from. What do you mean?


I mean the home page, and the homepage is just old looking content and photo's. It could be cleaner. Think of it as running a restaurant.... Would you eat at a place that looks old and disorganised?


The home page is not disorganized. It's just compacted with a lot of things jammed close together. Look at CNN's home page. It's has way more stuff compacted close together than mine does. Yet it works and is successful. Why? lol

http://www.cnn.com

FYI, people eat at places that look old if it brings them a feeling of nostalgia or has an earthy cozy feel. It's the location that matters.

Come on you guys. We need more votes on the themes.

Renata, which theme do you like?


This website looks like throw up from the early 90s. You don't have the tech skills or creativity to take this website to the next level. But I do :wink:
Paloaltoguy
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:47 am

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:37 am

Also Eurobrat,
AFA's site is very compacted with a lot of stuff close together too. Yet they get half a million visitors per month and are ranked very well. Have a look:

http://www.loveme.com

You see what I mean?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:14 am

I forgot to mention that we could also use the default theme for phpbb3 too, which is Prosilver and is also blue and white. I forgot to add that to the poll options. I'll do it now. What do you think of it?

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... lver/demo/

The thing is, I'm not sure how customizable the other themes are, since they have different designers. But Prosilver is easier to customize for sure.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23595
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Next

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests