Got my new passport!!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Got my new passport!!

Post by manly5000 »

Hey peeps! :D

Came home from work today to find my renewed passport waiting for me in the mail! Pretty quick turnaround too renewing by mail... just over 3 weeks with standard processing.

It feels damn good to have this in my hands. Though I had enough cash saved up to head abroad, I still didn't have the passport, so I suppose I technically wasn't free to go. Now, however, I am truly FREE and clear to depart whenever I want!

It's been a long road but the end is in sight. All I have to do now is sell my cars and the rest of my stuff and save up a bit more cash from work and I should have a SERIOUSLY nice chunk of change, enough to sustain me comfortably for 2+ years abroad were I totally unemployed the entire time. Assuming I'll find work within a few months (after having a lot of fun... haha) I'll have a nice base to build on, get a house with, etc etc...

Just want to spread some cheer and good will to my brethren!

Hope your preps are going well. Soon, my friends...

:D
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, great news! Where are you going to go?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Good for you! Enjoy your time overseas, manly!

I'm heading back to China soon, and I can't wait to get back to Asia. It's depressing for me staying in the USA--even for a few months--because I feel so lost and sad staying in such a messed-up country like the USA. (It really does sap your health and energy, after living overseas for a while, then returning back to such a soul-less country like the United States...even for a few months. ...)
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks guys!

Brazil and Mexico are my destinations of choice. I think Latin America is much more my speed than SE Asia so that's where I'm going to begin my journey. Plenty more LA countries to choose from too if I don't find what I'm looking for in the first 2.

Ya the negative things I see happening all over the place here have reached a tipping point. I just want to find my place abroad, move there, and forget all about this crap. Finding the love of my life and building a family from the ground up will be a good way to take my mind off the things happening back here!

Moving abroad for me will be me hitting the reset button on life. I have no plans to return for even a visit once I'm gone.