Rock and Winston interview each other for our 1st Podcast!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Eurobrat,We already explained to you why we go back to America. Rock goes back to see his parents. He is close to his parents, not like most white American families are. I go back to the USA to see nature and because I miss the big portions in restaurants and the clean air. The US is unparalleled when it comes to nature and national parks.
Also Winston, I disagree with what you said about living in a small town everyones friendly. I tried this in Italy and it was the exact opposite.
Yea, small towns are often hickish with people who act very suspicious of outsiders and not friendly at all. Chiayi in Taiwan is a great example of this. Another is my small hometown here in Illinois though it's not as bad as Chiayi. Think about how the locals in "Deliverance" behaved towards the visitors who came to boat. That's not so far off the mark for many small towns and villages around the world.
I disagree 100 percent. Chiayi is not considered a small town. It is a small city. Chiayi has skyscraper buildings and tons of traffic on its streets. That's no small town.
The concept of small town or more accurately hick-town is relative to the country it's located in. What I meant by small town/hick town had more to do with mentality of the locals than anything else. Remember when we met that group of western English teachers in Chiayi. When I asked them about whether or not parents there could accept an ABC as a teacher, they said probably not because the place is too backward, traditional, and country. They said even Taichung is a lot more open and cosmopolitan. I tend to agree. People in Chiayi strike me as being very backward and dour. I've never felt comfortable in places like Chiayi, Changhwa, Pingtung, etc. Basically, I consider 3rd tier and below cities in many countries to be very backward and hickish. And in some countries, third tier cities can have very high populations.

For example, Mianyang and Zigong are both third tier Sichuan cities I visited years ago (before the earthquake), each with populations of over 1 mn. Yet, in those towns, I couldn't even find a hotel with non-squatters rights toilets (western style toilets) and the super markets looked like they were stocked with stuff from another planet. There were some bigger buildings and the streets were clean, especially in Mianyang. But it seemed very backward and tradition. I didn't see any other westerners there either.

In some ways, a lot of non-suburban typical USA town of say 20,000 has a lot more consumer choices and a percentage of locals who are more exposed and cosmopolitan than some of these third tier cities in you find in Asia.

No offense meant, but Chiayi to me is a weird place with a lot of people who seem closed and unfriendly.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yeah Rock, I agree with you about Chiayi. But that's Asia. In Russia, small cities like that are full of girls that are super duper approachable.

Are you saying that girls in Taipei are more approachable? Then how come Taiwanese say that Taipei is more snobby and unfriendly than small cities and towns in Taiwan?

Also, what about all the examples I gave in that post about how strangers in small town USA talk to me a lot more than in US cities and suburbs? I gave many examples in that post, but you didn't cite it or address it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Yeah Rock, I agree with you about Chiayi. But that's Asia. In Russia, small cities like that are full of girls that are super duper approachable.

Are you saying that girls in Taipei are more approachable? Then how come Taiwanese say that Taipei is more snobby and unfriendly than small cities and towns in Taiwan?

Also, what about all the examples I gave in that post about how strangers in small town USA talk to me a lot more than in US cities and suburbs? I gave many examples in that post, but you didn't cite it or address it.
Yea, so many people in Taipei say people from the south are warmer and friendlier. And maybe they are warmer in places like Tainan, I don't know for sure. Certainly not Chiayi though. Anyway, I've never liked southern/DPP/green party/Taiwanese speaking culture and also find cities like Kaoshiung (Taiwan's second city) to have more people who are industrial/blue collar/less educated/binglang chewing/emotional/Taiwanese speaking/etc. To me, a lot of those qualities are seem more hickish. Also, the taxi drivers in Kaoshiung are more likely to act uncouth or even like gangsters. Taipei has a high percentage of professional gentlemen style taxi drivers who even remind me a bit of the London Black Cab drivers I frequently encountered in the UK on business trips.

If someone were to approach girls on an almost daily basis the way Monkro has been doing in Taipei, I think it would not be feasible very long in Chiayi. Very soon, he would be generally known around town and find himself persona-non-grata. Taipei is by far the best place to do something like that. Perhaps he could do it in Kaoshiung or even Taichung but that's about it. Others places are just too small, provincial, and generally backward.

I don't doubt your good experiences in small towns of the southwest. I guess some small towns in certain parts of the USA may be more alive and welcoming.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:I have to give you guys props for making a highly entertaining podcast. :lol: Rock, it's nice to hear you talk about your past and the reasons for going abroad. Very candid and interesting interview.

Years ago I said that Winston should have a podcast series. He's an eccentric internet personality and there is always a captive audience even for people who find him to be distasteful. I'm glad he's finally doing something with this idea. Maybe it will help him become less depressed while he's sitting around in his las vegas home.
Thanks. But how come you don't give me credit for being very down-to-earth and authentic as well? Is being eccentric and being down-to-earth and authentic, mutually exclusive? Can one be both? lol

To me, the word "eccentric" means to say weird things and act crazy and spontaneous. Is that right? Yet how can I be eccentric if I'm calm, rational, down-to-earth and say truthful things that make sense? lol

Why not call me "eclectic", rather than "eccentric"? The word "eccentric" connotates weirdness.
If I were to describe your personality solely on the posts on here and from what various outside sources have to say about you i'd say it's 80% eccentric 20% eclectic. You were obviously aware enough to talk about "red pill" type of concepts way before Roosh and all these other johnny come lately manosphere celebrities. However, unlike these newer guys you haven't progressed much in developing yourself or the site to embrace more than just complaining.

You sort of had your moment 10-11 years ago and have stagnated since then. I think this podcast is the right direction to be going in. If you're not going to be traveling much then the podcast presence will help in other ways. Like I said, I think you're doing the right thing with this. I won't knock it.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Btw, get your stuff on itunes Winston.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

publicduende wrote:All you're getting in Berlin is a cheaper beer, fatty food a go-go and a stint at metropolitan life that could be had in any large European city, from Rome to Riga. So don't sell this shite as if Berlin was the best place on Earth. The last place you visit is always the best...until you fall out of love with it.

Maybe one day you'll understand that it's a lot less to do with where you are, and a lot more to do with who you are.
Tu geloso? Your just mad your "advice" can no longer mess up my life anymore. And who are you to be going around giving shitty advice and tell lies?

People in Berlin are far more open, friendly, less cliquey and helpful than anywhere in Italy. Italians are not open to outsiders and remain very cliquey even in modern times. It's sad actually, I don't understand why they hate foreigners so much.

And face it, Europe's got a lot of capital cities that are not good to live in. I have never been to Riga but I know it's not as international as Berlin or as big. Rome is a shit hole to live in and you know it. Chaotic, expensive, dirty, illegal immigrants everywhere trying to sell you shit, corrupt, you know all this. Plus it's attached to ugly, closed minded, corrupt, not diverse, bureaucratic Italia. What you think they don't have good pizza here? Are you that ignorant and think theres no pizza ovens here in Berlin.

For me Berlin is the best city in western Europe right now and a breath of fresh air. For a guy in his 20's or 30's Berlin is a city paved with gold.

Look at this thriving and diverse street food scene here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IIMcRaA6o

If you're into clubs, the girls here are really wild at them and always an option for a fun night out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMcxCRRHR8

Football season is over, but this would have been a great way to meet people watching the game outdoors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEKfU1PnIOA

Beer gardens here are very social and easy to meet other people randomly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0o9wMzCWNI

Even Rick says Berlin is growing, multicultural and diverse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Fisr4vyB0
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote: Anytime. I'm flexible. Just let me know. The only thing is, I lose track of time when I'm doing stuff. lol

To Rock:

To answer your question, yes Eurobrat is happier in Berlin. The people there are more friendly and talk to strangers more easily, he said. So it's a step up. Plus there are plenty of jobs too. There is a more inclusive social atmosphere there. But of course, a friendlier culture doesn't mean that it's easy to get laid. That's another matter. But I'm sure it's a lot easier to meet people in a friendlier culture. That's for sure. See what he said in his post above.
Ok, I'll message you.

Yes it's easier to get laid here by far, you don't need to be formally introduced like in Italy or other southern european countries. It's hard to even make male friends in Italy because they're so closed minded, live with their mom, and Italian guys don't like talking to outsiders. Northern Europeans are just more friendly and open.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Falcon wrote:I see why Tony enjoys the north. :wink:

This image is actually missing a few countries. I'm not going after sex at this point in my life I'm looking for a more long term relationship with a proper girlfriend.

However if you're in your early 20's Berlin does have a vibrant and open sex industry (Bordellos, brothels and street walkers and sex shops) and the people here have a very relaxed view on sex in general, I confirmed this with my current roommate . I have been hit on by a few girls while out and got a number from a girl at the Bürgeramt (registrar office).
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Btw eurobrat, I read your thread in the VIP section. Great info on Italy.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Public Duende doesn't seem so see things clearly. I just found an Italian blog called "Rome Sucks"

http://www.romafaschifo.com/2014/08/ecc ... -e-ci.html

You can translate it and skim through it the guy even has pictures of daily chaotic living in Rome, not a place I would live.

Other Italians are confirming everything I said, they even have a Facebook page with 48,000 likes and lots more pictures of how third world Rome has become.

https://www.facebook.com/romafaschifo

Che cazzo Duende?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Repatriate wrote:Btw eurobrat, I read your thread in the VIP section. Great info on Italy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Eurobrat,
LOL That Italian banana should be your new avatar. LOL
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

It was some symbolism contrasting repatriates "I'm a rotten Banana" about my experience in Italy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote:
Repatriate wrote:I have to give you guys props for making a highly entertaining podcast. :lol: Rock, it's nice to hear you talk about your past and the reasons for going abroad. Very candid and interesting interview.

Years ago I said that Winston should have a podcast series. He's an eccentric internet personality and there is always a captive audience even for people who find him to be distasteful. I'm glad he's finally doing something with this idea. Maybe it will help him become less depressed while he's sitting around in his las vegas home.
Thanks. But how come you don't give me credit for being very down-to-earth and authentic as well? Is being eccentric and being down-to-earth and authentic, mutually exclusive? Can one be both? lol

To me, the word "eccentric" means to say weird things and act crazy and spontaneous. Is that right? Yet how can I be eccentric if I'm calm, rational, down-to-earth and say truthful things that make sense? lol

Why not call me "eclectic", rather than "eccentric"? The word "eccentric" connotates weirdness.
If I were to describe your personality solely on the posts on here and from what various outside sources have to say about you i'd say it's 80% eccentric 20% eclectic. You were obviously aware enough to talk about "red pill" type of concepts way before Roosh and all these other johnny come lately manosphere celebrities. However, unlike these newer guys you haven't progressed much in developing yourself or the site to embrace more than just complaining.

You sort of had your moment 10-11 years ago and have stagnated since then. I think this podcast is the right direction to be going in. If you're not going to be traveling much then the podcast presence will help in other ways. Like I said, I think you're doing the right thing with this. I won't knock it.

Btw, get your stuff on itunes Winston.
How exactly am I eccentric though? Can you explain or give examples? If you ask people that have met me, like Rock or Falcon or Steve Neese or Ladislav, they will tell you that I am very down-to-earth, unique and deep. They do not describe me as eccentric.

Maybe you just like to think that because you like to down people? Do you see "eccentric" as something negative?

I want to be traveling but I already explained the mental block and endless tasks that keep getting in the way, and the murphy's law factor too.

Do I sound eccentric in these podcasts? I think I sound sincere, down-to-earth and rational. How is that eccentric? I make sense and say accurate things. I do not act crazy or say anything wacko, like some posters here do.

How do I get my stuff on itunes? Would that get more publicity?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Rock and Winston interview each other for our 1st Podcas

Post by Winston »

I just showed the two interviews I did with rock to my chinese girlfriend in dongguan. Here's her response. It's so true huh?

"Just take full advantage of your resource which America gifted with,such as enough money,visa which can go every corner around the world and a superior nationality background .All of them are enough to support you a happy life.But you have to take action at least.only stay there with mouth of complaint works nothing."