Fake Confidence and Low Self-Esteem Myth: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Fake Confidence and Low Self-Esteem Myth: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Post by Winston »

Fake Confidence and Self-Esteem: Fictitious Inventions of Modern America

Have you noticed that popular concepts in America such as "confidence" and "self-esteem" seem to be like some weird religion or cult? They are treated like some "magic pill" that will solve all your problems and make you succeed at anything. Have you ever felt that there was something fake about all that? If so, you're not alone.

When you analyze such terms logically, you find that they are nebulous and devoid of substance. People who make a big deal out of them seem inauthentic and delusional, like they are trying to hype up something artificial without basis in logic, fact or science. It all sounds very fake and phony, like hype without substance.

Yet such terms are treated like magical holy words in American pop psychology, the motivational/self-improvement industry, the New Age movement, etc. The word "confidence" is popular with American men, and "self-esteem" is like some cult to American women.

Let me tell you a shocking secret that most Americans don't know:

When you leave America and go to other countries, you are never told that you need to develop "confidence" or "self-esteem". That's something you usually only hear in America. This begs the question, WHY?

Moreover, if you look at the history books and historical records of the last 5,000 years of human history, you will also notice that there things like "confidence, self-esteem and mental health" were never issues that people dealt with in the past. There was no such thing as a "self-improvement" program involving such pseudo-traits.

The closest thing to it was "bravery and courage" in that men were encourages to be brave and courageous in fighting for their country during time of war. But when it came to social affairs, one did not have to be concerned with pseudo-concepts like "confidence" or "self-esteem".

The more you look into it, the more you realize that "confidence" and "self-esteem" are FICTITIOUS inventions of modern American culture. They are products of bullshit pop psychology, New Age, and the self-help industry, all of which are mostly fake.

So you gotta wonder: WHY? Why are they such big issues in modern American life, and within the New Age self-help movement, but not in other countries -- especially countries with long rich histories like India, China or Russia? Why are you not told in other countries that you need "confidence" or "self-esteem"?

The only logical explanation is that modern American culture is very fake, artificial and toxic. It tears people down in an overly competitive, soulless and negative environment. So one must struggle to maintain basic self-confidence.

The key to understanding American culture is this: In a fake artificial culture, one MUST become fake and artificial in order to fit into it. Therefore, when you are told that "you need confidence and self-esteem" what you are really being told is that: "You need to learn to act more fake in order to fit into a fake culture".

So basically, "confidence" and "self-esteem" are not real issues. Nor are they natural. People are not born lacking "confidence" or "self-esteem". They are conditioned to lack those things in America because the system wants to tear you down and make you feel insecure so you will over-consume. Otherwise, if you were whole and down-to-earth, you would not consume excessively or buy things you don't need.

Insecure people are also easier to control and manipulate. So America wants you to be insecure so that it can sell you fake "confidence" through consumerism. By making "confidence" and "self-esteem" artificial traits, people will always struggle to attain them. And furthermore, they can be taken away any time as well, making people easier to manipulate.

This the only logical explanation for the invention of such artificial traits in America that are unnatural. Basically, it's an attempt by a fake American culture to try to fix something that's not broken. Simply put, it tries to inflate you with something you don't need, in order to manipulate you.

Now, if you try to follow these fake American self-improvement programs, all you do is end up doing is putting on a fake mask in a fake culture. It won't really solve your problems or change your life. You gotta understand that America is the king of fakeness and bullshit.

That's why people who are down-to-earth, authentic, or deep thinkers, tend to not fit into America. They are out-of-place in a culture that is predicated on fakeness, phoniness, hype, illusion, bullshit and overly materialistic values. Authentic people do not like acting fake, nor can they. But if they complain, they will be given bullshit advice in America such as that they need "confidence" and "self-esteem". It's all a victim-blaming myth and illusion.

Also, people who have deep souls will not feel validated in America, which has a soulless culture that is all about consumerism, business, and making money. Since there is no true soul or rich culture in America, therefore the soulful will feel like a fish out of water.

History and foreign countries today prove that traits like "confidence" and "self-esteem" are not a natural part of life or society. The fact that they are not issues in other countries, or in past history either, speaks volumes.

Now, the word "confidence" was used in past history, but it was used in a normal way. For example, if you told someone you trusted them, you would say, "I have the utmost confidence in you." Or if you were optimistic about winning you'd say, "I am confident we will win this battle." But "confidence" was never part of some self-improvement cult, like some kind of "drug" or "fuel" you have to keep pumping yourself up with in order to keep your spirits high and your attitude positive. To do that is so fake and has no value.

If you want to succeed, you gotta work hard at doing something you love and believe in and have some natural talent in. That's all there is to it. But merely pumping up "confidence" or "self-esteem" as though it were some type of fuel, just for the sake of it, isn't going to accomplish anything. It's just pumping yourself up with delusion.

Besides, what the hell does "self-esteem" mean anyway? It doesn't make any sense and sounds like a fake illusion. If I already like myself, why do I need "self-esteem"? Am I supposed to keep telling myself everyday, "I like myself. I am worthy." etc. in order to raise my "self-esteem" evermore? What would be the point of that? That's so stupid and fake.

Also, another negative consequence with promoting "self-esteem" is that it's not just delusional, but leads one to overvalue oneself and become unemployable as well. For instance, American workers always want top wages and think they are worth more than they are. They have an overinflated view of themselves and an entitlement complex. There is no modesty or humility in them.

As a result, companies begin outsourcing their work overseas to India, Philippines, and China, where they can find labor at much lower cost. This decreases the availability of jobs in America. It's not the companies' fault though. They are doing what's logical. I would not want to employ over-entitled Americans who overvalue themselves either.

America is delusional in that it mixes up self-esteem and confidence with narcissism, egoism, arrogance, and the overvaluation of oneself. America is the king when it comes to fakeness, bullshit, and self-delusion. Nowhere else on earth are there so many crazy people, delusional people, fake people, and mentally ill people.

Instead of promoting confidence and self-esteem, which teaches Americans to overvalue themselves, America should be teaching people traits like humility and authenticity. Such traits make people more real and easier to get along with, and less toxic as well.

The term "self-esteem" is a relatively modern invention that had no existence in the past. Even in America's past, there was no self-improvement program that involved working on one's "self-esteem". In the 1800's for example, Americans were taught to be hard-working while doing manual labor and farm work. An honest day's work was a virtue. Life was hard for sure, and one had to be tough to survive the rigors of the Wild West. But at least life was natural and authentic, not fake like modern America. People got real exercise while working and being productive. They didn't need to go to gyms to work out.

In Medieval Europe, people were taught to be brave and courageous in fighting for their king and country during wartime. People lived and fought for honor and glory. They worked hard to harvest crops so they could enjoy life during the off-season. For peasants, life was harsh and grueling, yeah, but at least it was real and authentic. There was no fakeness. People were genuine and passionate. As long as you knew your place, you could be yourself. No need to act fake or worry about pseudo issues like "confidence" or "self-esteem". Also, rulers (Kings and Queens) were more honest and open in that they ruled out in the open. Everyone knew who they were and what they were doing, unlike in America where the elite rule in secrecy behind the shadows under the false guise of "democracy" and constantly lie about their intentions.

Even in the Bible, there is no mention of "confidence" or "self-esteem". There are only stories with moral lessons encouraging faith in God and obeying his commandments. Geez. You would think that if things like "confidence" and "self-esteem" were real, that they'd at least be mentioned somewhere in the 66 books of the Bible. The fact that they aren't again speaks volumes.

Today, in other countries where cultures and people are more authentic, down-to-earth and humble, you can be yourself and are accepted as such. You don't have to try to be something you're not. It's the most liberating thing, because being free to be yourself is the ultimate meaning of freedom.

Here's the big secret: When you are comfortable and free to be yourself, and accepted for it, a true and natural confidence will come with it. And that's exactly what you get overseas. But you have to get out of America to attain it.

This explains then, why I am only told that I need to develop more "confidence" in America. But in other countries, such as Russia, women often tell me that "I seem too confident, and a great charmer of women as well", believe it or not. It's like I am two different people in different countries.

I think I know why: When I'm allowed to be my romantic charming self (which is considered creepy and taboo in America) overseas in an authentic country like Russia, for example, my natural confidence comes out. This is one of the greatest discoveries I've made in my life.

Furthermore, the social environment abroad is genuine, down-to-earth and inclusive. There is a natural social connection between people that is friendly, natural and positive. No one is trying to tear you down. Thus, fictitious issues like "confidence" and "self-esteem" become unnecessary.

After all, when you don't need to conform to a fake culture, you don't need to develop such fake traits. Only in a fake culture do you need to cultivate fake traits. Simple logic.

In addition to being fake, America is also a paranoid socially disconnected society where people live in bubbles with "ice walls" between them. (hence the term "breaking the ice" when talking to strangers) There is no human connection and people don't talk to strangers unless it's business related. Now if you've never left America, you might think that's normal, but once you go abroad, you will realize that it's not.

As a result, in such an isolating environment, it's easy for people to become lonely and depressed. Many will be psychologically weakened in such a disconnected environment. At that point, it becomes easy to make them think that they lack pseudo qualities such as "confidence" or "self-esteem", so you that can SELL them whatever you want under the pretense that they will attain such pseudo qualities. It's all a fake con based on false premises.

By getting people to blame themselves rather than on their environment or culture, you can sell them stuff, i.e. BS self-improvement materials and programs, which may make you feel good for a while, but won't really amount to anything. After all, there is no profit in getting people to place the blame on their culture or society, which is where the true fault lies. So there's no incentive to tell people the truth (unless you are trying to sell people into a cult or religion of course).

Once you understand all this, you realize that such concepts as "self-esteem" are phony as hell, and are merely products of the artificial culture of modern America and its pseudo self-improvement programs that attempt to profit off you under false premises.

Furthermore, people in most other countries are much more humble, modest and down-to-earth. In fact, when you leave America, it's one of the first things you notice. They do not act arrogant, do not have big egos, and do not have this know-it-all attitude that most in America have. Even if you go to England, you will notice that people are much more real (not fake) and act more down-to-earth than Americans do.

Thus, foreigners are much easier to get along with, since humble people are easier to get along with than arrogant people are. In dealing with them, there is not this toxic "battle of egos" that you have in America. Therefore, you do not need to artificially inflate your pseudo "confidence" to compete in the kind of ego-battle that is commonly required in America.

Does that make sense?

Furthermore, issues like "mental health" are not much of an issue in other countries either. If you don't believe me, go to other countries and ask around. Ask people abroad if they or anyone they know, have had to deal with mental health issues, see a psychiatrist or therapist, etc.

You will be shocked to find out that they don't, and that such problems are mostly issues in America -- which has been documented to have the highest rates of mental illness in the world by the World Health Organization. (http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news ... staggering)

This speaks volumes about how fake, insane, toxic and dysfunctional American culture and society are. No question about it. When you discover this, you will realize that the best solution to so called "mental health" problems in America are best solved (or at least greatly alleviated) by going abroad. I know this from firsthand experience. See my story here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Childhood.htm

Anyhow, I hope you consider all that I've said. If you meditate on it, it will begin to make sense to you. Truth is something you can feel instinctively. It's not always something that needs to be proven logically.

See Also:
The Myth of Confidence
http://www.happierabroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9050
Last edited by Winston on September 17th, 2014, 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Quite right...I have observed very similar things...especially for girls in the USA, they are continually fluffed with BS self-esteem cult stuff non-stop, no matter what worthless pieces of poop they might be.

Well done Winston.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Pickup artists say the same thing. They tell men to just be more "confident" and that will help you meet women. Some PUA's tell men to cold approach 10 women a day for 30 days to "build up your self confidence." :roll:

If you approach 300 women in one month, the amount of rejection you will receive will HURT your self confidence and not increase it.

This "positive thinking" religion here in America is bizarre indeed. No other country in the world believes in "self confidence" and "positive thinking" nearly as much as Americans do.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
KokujinKrusader
Freshman Poster

Post by KokujinKrusader »

jamesbond wrote:Pickup artists say the same thing. They tell men to just be more "confident" and that will help you meet women. Some PUA's tell men to cold approach 10 women a day for 30 days to "build up your self confidence." :roll:

If you approach 300 women in one month, the amount of rejection you will receive will HURT your self confidence and not increase it.

This "positive thinking" religion here in America is bizarre indeed. No other country in the world believes in "self confidence" and "positive thinking" nearly as much as Americans do.
The amount of rejection will hurt some people, but it won't hurt everyone. A lesson in taking the pain might toughen one's mindset to the degree that they can persevere.
Grand Admiral Game taught me how to improve my mindset in order to achieve the success that I wanted in life!
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

America is the most dangerous country for Americans. :shock: :shock:

Guys like Bill Hicks and Carlin who actually tried to woke America up, are terminated while PUAs, Oprahs, Kimmel, Tony ROBBINS are made to live in America for ever.

They make a guy successful in America and ask for his secret of success and he says...Because of Confidence and high Self Esteem....not because of who they are and overcoming the societal programming not that you have to sell your soul to be successful.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

RE Winston;

I think that what you're talking about is the fact that terms like 'confidence' and 'self-esteem' are often thrown around misleadingly. A lot of advice on the subject does come across as telling you to comform to some stereotype, or fit into some mould vs. actually overcoming social fears.

For self-esteem, here's my two cents;
If someone for instance has been heavily ostracised, isolated and not had much positive feedback, you can't really blame them for finding it difficult to see good things about themselves, in comparison to some who is the opposite of that.

Where there maybe truth in the 'self-esteem' argument is that, if you do have a hard time seeing any reasons why anyone would want you around, or if you treat yourself harshly etc. you sadly find it difficult to see how anyone else could do otherwise, and thus feel more afraid that people will judge you negatively. Beyond that, it won't necessarily 'make you a people magnet' or turn your life around, though it might help you feel less worried about being judged, but even so, only to those to whom this might be a problem.

I don't agree with blaming someone for feeling bad about themselves if they're been through the previous highlighted experience however, it's important to recognise that it's possible to learn to change the way one treats themselves. Most advice on the subject does an abysmally poor job of illustrating the role this plays in vulnerability.

You are also quite right in that the process will vary significantly depending on how forgiving the social environment is in which you find yourself. So yeah, I disagree in blaming everything entirely on the individual without acknowledging the role of the environment, social circle, and how well accepted one feels.

How well accepted one feels, how much positive outcomes they've had dating/socially etc. DOES play a part, that's a fact.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

OutWest wrote:Quite right...I have observed very similar things...especially for girls in the USA, they are continually fluffed with BS self-esteem cult stuff non-stop, no matter what worthless pieces of poop they might be.

Well done Winston.
Thanks. You are right that American women are the ones who seem to be really into this "self-esteem" bullshit. I don't know why. It's like fake American men rave about "confidence" while fake American women rave about "self-esteem". lol

Besides, what the hell does "self-esteem" mean anyway? It doesn't make any sense and sounds like a fake illusion. If I already like myself, why do I need "self-esteem"? Am I supposed to keep telling myself everyday, "I like myself. I am worthy." etc. in order to raise my "self-esteem" evermore? What would be the point of that? That's so stupid and fake.

I want to correct myself on something though. The word "confidence" was used in past history, but it was used in a normal way. For example, if you told someone you trusted them, you would say, "I have the utmost confidence in you." Or if you were optimistic about winning you'd say, "I am confident we will win this battle." But "confidence" was never part of some self-improvement cult, like some kind of "drug" or "fuel" you have to keep pumping yourself up with in order to keep your spirits high and your attitude positive. To do that is so fake and has no value.

If you want to succeed, you gotta work hard at doing something you love and believe in. That's all there is to it. But merely pumping up "confidence" or "self-esteem" as though it were some type of fuel, just for the sake of it, isn't going to accomplish anything. It's just pumping yourself up with delusion.

Besides, it has no value anyway. If you aren't in a society that validates you or allows you to be yourself (e.g. a romantic charming flirtatious Winston Wu is not allowed in America), then having "confidence" is not going to solve anything or change anything. Duh. So stupid.
Last edited by Winston on September 16th, 2014, 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Pickup artists say the same thing. They tell men to just be more "confident" and that will help you meet women. Some PUA's tell men to cold approach 10 women a day for 30 days to "build up your self confidence." :roll:

Well that's easy to debunk with a simple logical proof: I've never gotten a girl due to confidence, and I've never lost a girl due to lack of confidence either. There is no evidence that a girl goes for confidence alone. If you aren't her type, it's not gonna matter.

Besides, acting confident for no reason is fake and artificial. Being positive for no reason is fake and pointless too. I'd rather have someone be real.

To Mattyman:

Someone told me that in England, people are more real and genuine, and do not rave about stuff like "confidence" or "self-esteem" or "positive thinking". Is that true? It seems like it. When I watch documentaries on the BBC, the British people on there seem a lot more down-to-earth than Americans. For sure, British people are not as fake as Americans. So they should not be lumped in the same category.

Plus, Britain has a great public transportation system so that you do not even need a car. And it has national healthcare too. The cops there do not usually carry guns either. It seems like a much more sane society than the US. I wish Britain had won the American Revolution War. American might have been more sane if it had.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:

Well that's easy to debunk with a simple logical proof: I've never gotten a girl due to confidence, and I've never lost a girl due to lack of confidence either. There is no evidence that a girl goes for confidence alone. If you aren't her type, it's not gonna matter.

Besides, acting confident for no reason is fake and artificial. Being positive for no reason is fake and pointless too. I'd rather have someone be real.

To Mattyman:

Someone told me that in England, people are more real and genuine, and do not rave about stuff like "confidence" or "self-esteem" or "positive thinking". Is that true? It seems like it. When I watch documentaries on the BBC, the British people on there seem a lot more down-to-earth than Americans. For sure, British people are not as fake as Americans. So they should not be lumped in the same category.

Plus, Britain has a great public transportation system so that you do not even need a car. And it has national healthcare too. The cops there do not usually carry guns either. It seems like a much more sane society than the US. I wish Britain had won the American Revolution War. American might have been more sane if it had.
I think confident = self-asserting/self-serving to Americans. They like the guy who's out to just grab whatever he wants.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston wrote:Plus, Britain has a great public transportation system so that you do not even need a car. And it has national healthcare too. The cops there do not usually carry guns either. It seems like a much more sane society than the US. I wish Britain had won the American Revolution War. American might have been more sane if it had.
Despite winning our so-called freedom, seeing esc*rts is legal in Britain, whereas it's a criminal offense in America.

And my hometown of Boston was the key to the whole thing, even though the actual tax was only some 3-5 percent. The Tories who'd fled to New Brunswick Canada, during and after the war, have referred to both John Hancock and Sam Adams, as a bunch of gang leaders, ruffing ppl up in the bay state.

It's quite the contrast to the elementary school version of the two men being Boston's luminary heroes.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Get this guys.

My friend Elizabeth, an Asian American woman, claims that all of us "crybabies" here in the forum lack "self-esteem" and that that is our real problem. LOL. She says that we need "self-esteem" coaching, which she wants to offer for thousands of dollars. LOL. WTF?!

That's the line of business she wants to go in, to become a motivational coach and offer self-esteem classes and seminars and charge tons of money for it. She claims that's our real problem and what we all need. LOL

WTF? I'm confused. How is "self-esteem" going to solve our problems? How is it going to fulfill our needs for love, romance, sex, authenticity, social connection, etc? LOL I don't get it. Am I missing something? LOL. It all sounds so fake, not down-to-earth at all.

She's also kind of self-absorbed. When I talk to her on the phone, I can only talk for 5 or 10 seconds before she interrupts. And once she does, if I try to finish my important sentence, she says, "Winston, stop interrupting me! Or I'm going to hang up." She doesn't even realize that she's the one interrupting me and not letting me finish my sentence! LOL

How do you reason with someone self-absorbed like that? LOL

If you listen to my podcasts, you will find that I do not usually interrupt people or talk over others, such as in my podcast with Rock or conversation with Marissa. Nor do others usually interrupt me. That only happens with her because she likes to interrupt me and doesn't have the patience to let me finish a sentence.

Why are there SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY delusional people in America?! WTF is wrong with America?! LOL

Btw, should I be HONEST with her and tell her that rather than sell me self-esteem bullshit, she would help me a lot more and make me feel A LOT BETTER and A LOT HAPPIER and A LOT MORE SATISFIED if she sold her body to me for SEX and made love to me passionately like lovers do in the movies? LOL. I know that's a crude thing to say, but it's true. Making love to a sexy woman is far more satisfying than useless self-esteem bullshit. LOL. And it would make me far happier for sure. LOL. That's what I need. Not fake self-improvement crap. Is it ok to be that honest with women, even female friends? LOL

S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Winston,

Tell your new friend there that my GF, an American lesbian, has given up on women, and would rather be with me, and see esc*rts for pleasure.

If anything, I don't I need any more convincing than that.
When I talk to her on the phone, I can only talk for 5 or 10 seconds before she interrupts. And once she does, if I try to finish my important sentence, she says, "Winston, stop interrupting me! Or I'm going to hang up." She doesn't even realize that she's the one interrupting me and not letting me finish my sentence!
The last time Mel's been with a woman like the above, she'd told her to go f'k herself during the first date. Trust me, Mel's as much of an HA lesbian as any of the guys on the forum.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

RE Winston;

We certainly don't have this nonsense about 'acting confident' or the idea that you have to appear strong and powerful in order to get people to like you. The attitude towards the subject is slightly different. Here it's not about appearing impressive and bragging, or fitting in a mould because some crank says that's what makes people like you, but more about feeling comfortable with yourself.

Also, from what you're describing, your friend is using the term 'self-esteem' in the wrong context. Whilst she might have a point, it seems like she doesn't know what she's talking about. It looks like she can't relate to why you 'complain' about the problems with your local social scene, and simply doesn't know what to say, except to copy some silly new-age type advice.

Did she ever elaborate on what exactly she means by 'self-esteem', or highlight any specific problems that it might be causing you? If not, it's terrible advice.

If you don't know about, or can't relate to someone's problem, or why you feel a certain way about a situation, you shouldn't be too quick to give advice.

What I'm not sure about is what do people mean by 'self-esteem'? Treating feelings as facts? Being excessively-worried about being judged negatively to the extent that one struggles with conversation? Beating yourself-up harshly if you fail (which can lead to to expect being judged)? Taking ambiguous things highly personally? These are actual problems. If that's not you then I don't see that there's a problem.

Even so I think that it's a bit wrong to presuppose that these things are 100% responsible for one's social problems, or if they even apply at all.

What does get-up my nose in when people through around terms like self-esteem and confidence as a way to tell you fit some silly mould or stereotype (or imply that the not fitting a certain mould is what's making them unlikeable) without having a clue as to what they actually mean.

Hope that this helps.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mattyman,

No she doesn't elaborate. She just states it like a religion. I think she's just brainwashed by too many New Agers she listens to, and is out of touch with reality. That tends to be the case with "liberated" women who have separated themselves from their femininity.

Feminine women don't give men bad advice or tell them that they need "self-esteem". They understand men better because the feminine was designed to soothe and complement the masculine. But liberated women, who are unfeminine, do not understand men and are out of touch with reality. So they give bad useless advice and act fake as well.

Isn't that so true?

I was watching some BBC movies last night. I do notice that the actors in BBC films tend to act much more modest, down-to-earth and natural. Much more authentic as well. Not fake and arrogant like Americans.

Is that true of English people in general? If so, doesn't that make them a lot easier to get along with?

If so, maybe I should go to London and try to become an actor. Maybe they will appreciate authentic people like me.

Here's an example of what I mean. See this BBC film below about Queen Elizabeth I. Notice how the British actors in them act very natural, authentic and down-to-earth. They don't act fake, arrogant or egotistical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHw3-xZ2K4

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotFhvhM0nA
Last edited by Winston on September 17th, 2014, 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Also, another negative consequence with promoting "self-esteem" is that it's not just delusional, but leads one to overvalue oneself and become unemployable as well. For instance, American workers always want top wages and think they are worth more than they are. They have an overinflated view of themselves and an entitlement complex. There is no modesty or humility in them.

As a result, companies begin outsourcing their work overseas to India, Philippines, and China, where they can find labor at much lower cost. This decreases the availability of jobs in America. It's not the companies' fault though. They are doing what's logical. I would not want to employ over-entitled Americans who overvalue themselves either.

America is delusional in that it mixes up self-esteem and confidence with narcissism, egoism, arrogance, and the overvaluation of oneself. America is the king when it comes to fakeness, bullshit, and self-delusion. Nowhere else on earth are there so many crazy people, delusional people, fake people, and mentally ill people.

Instead of promoting confidence and self-esteem, which teaches Americans to overvalue themselves, America should be teaching people traits like humility and authenticity. Such traits make people more real and easier to get along with, and less toxic as well.