Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

16 Most Disappointing Places on Earth

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

16 Most Disappointing Places on Earth

Postby pandabear » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:34 am

pandabear
Veteran Poster

Re: 16 Most Disappointing Places on Earth

Postby Ghost » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:34 am

Short, but funny. Some of those surprised me. So the takeaway is to avoid all the touristy places. Seeing some sights is nice once and a while but all in all it is pointless for anything other than the occasional thing to do. I'm all about finding those hidden gems. I've traveled as a tourist. I don't want to again.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby newlifeinphilippines » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:55 am

Great list. I wasn't planning on going to vegas or singapore or any of those others.

The only countries that interest me to check out for different reasons are indonesia, phil, india, vietnam, thailand, cambodia, and china,
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Postby celery2010 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:00 am

Marrakech definitely isn't overrated. Gibraltar is definitely, "i saw it in 2 hours", had some fish and chips, kind of place. And i thought sentosa was actually quite nice for being very close to a big city. To be perfectly honest, i haven't seen attractions as nice as Sentosa and the zoo in Singapore in most major cities.

and las vegas is kinda subjective. yeah, it's not paris or rome. it's more of a place to go to for conventions. overall it's not that bad for a weekend if you haven't been before.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Postby Bane » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:28 pm

I remember Vegas giving me sensory overload issues. I have always wanted to travel to someplace a little more quiet, although rural areas are a little too lacking in the activity department. A good mid sized city that isn't a tourist trap for "ugly Americans" is perfect for me.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Bane
Freshman Poster

Postby S_Parc » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah, I don't get the gripe against Sentosa. Singapore is what? ... 88 sq miles, and they have an island which is kinda a nice retreat from a very densely populated city-state for swimming, gaming, theme park, and seeing some musical fountains.
16 years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions