Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Ghost » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am

Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Global Corporate-State

Postby Moretorque » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:34 am

The book Seeds of Destruction by Engdahl claims GMO's were designed to thin the herd world wide and it appears he may be right with the Trans Pacific Partnership.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Jester » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:41 am

Highbrow stuff you read, Ghost. I particularly liked Nathaniel's comment, which offered a ray of hope:

The parasite is already out of control. You’ve described its host wrong though. Its host is the legal system.

Once it destroys the legal system, the parasite of corporate “cancer” will die very quickly. It will be killed off by warlords following an older set of social organization principles.

I don’t look forward to this, but I’m kind of thinking the way to prepare is to have a local community which is valuable and coherent enough to be respected and absorbed intact by any smart warlord.

"Pick a point and go to it."
-- Dr John Hunsucker, speaking about canoeing on Georgia's Lake Lanier, with its irregular shape, and 1000 miles of meandering shoreline
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Break the chains » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:32 pm

It makes sense that the global elite won't let go of their power easily.

There would be no solution for this short of a complete revolution. And even after that I believe the issue would re-establish itself, possibly with a different bunch of people.

I take an interest in all of this but I do not pretend that I can change anything outside my own life, certainly not in my current state anyway.
Trying to be a better man
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Postby mahadeveshwara » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Economics guides ethics. As long as it is possible and there is not too much social pressure against it, someone will try to do it. But it may not always be possible. We have already reached the peak of conventional oil production. So we are witnessing a dying empire running on fumes. What replaces it might not be that much better.

Those who are not overly acquisitive and content with their lot in life will not try to run for office, they will not try to become corporate CEOs, they will try to eke out an existence in the least objectionable way possible, living in a $200 apartment in Cambodia and working online for $5 an hour doing some non-objectionable, non-horrific form of work...
mahadeveshwara
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions