Are US HA members MGTOWs in denial?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Are US HA members MGTOWs in denial?

Post by Banano »

This question is directed to HA members who don't and cant travel for whatever reasons and are forced to stay their own country. You might not be considering yourself as mgtow but you probably live that lifestyle anyway.

So if you are men who lives in US, you stopped approaching and dating women in USA or you keep trying but without success then you are mgtow, forced mgtow that is cause its not by choice, you are pretty much forced to live a life of a lonely man who cant find partner.

I know many guys here look down on mgtows but reality is that any man who cant find a girl is a mgtow by default, you like it or not, you have no choice but to go your own way since you are not in the game at all as your SMV is ridiculously low.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Re: Are US HA members MGTOWs in denial?

Post by S_Parc »

Banano wrote:This question is directed to HA members who don't and cant travel for whatever reasons and are forced to stay their own country. You might not be considering yourself as mgtow but you probably live that lifestyle anyway.

So if you are men who lives in US, you stopped approaching and dating women in USA or you keep trying but without success then you are mgtow, forced mgtow that is cause its not by choice, you are pretty much forced to live a life of a lonely man who cant find partner.

I know many guys here look down on mgtows but reality is that any man who cant find a girl is a mgtow by default, you like it or not, you have no choice but to go your own way since you are not in the game at all as your SMV is ridiculously low.
I concur, a lot of US HA members are MGTOW in denial. When I'd started here 4 years ago, I'd just recently broken up with a Brazilian and started by own modified version of MGTOW, focusing more on my career and wellness program than in dating women. But there's a difference between being alone and being lonely. I was never lonely.

Then, Mel joined me in her own WGTOW program, having me around as a lifestyle and fitness instructor of sorts. Well, you know how that ended up.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26877
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

I don't think that's accurate at all. People disassociate from mgtow not because they are or aren't alone, but because the movement is primarily associated with a very specific species of poisonously bitter omega, and one cannot be an omega 'involuntarily.' The definition of the term (as used in pua circles at least) pointedly refers to someone who, among other things, has no spine. Having a spine, but having a poor success rate is something else entirely.

Also, even if people fit a certain arbitrary definition of mgtow, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Mgtow identifies itself as a movement. If you choose not to associate with that movement, then you aren't a part of it. What's wrong with the term 'incel?'
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Signet wrote:What's wrong with the term 'incel?'
I believe the full expression is 'Men Go Their Own Way', not exactly a specific cadre of angry fellows. Sure, some co-opt it as their own movement, but that's natural given the nature of labels.

I don't believe the term 'incel' applies because it is possible for a MGTOWer to once in a while, get laid during binge drinking gatherings (it's happened to me) or attempt to date a stalker psycho bitch, which is doable, but can result in a huge liability. And the latter experience is one which had costed someone I'd known, his career at a particular firm, when the psycho showed up at the office and created a scene in front of the executives.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 23rd, 2020, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:MGTOWs hate to be lumped in with incels because it implies they were forced into the lifestyle instead of choosing it. Ditto with love-shy types or anything associated with incel. Logically, the two are not mutually exclusive. It's a political thing.

If you're an HAer, you're not really a MGTOW, although you probably live the life of one while living in the West. (And that's what purpose it should have. It's a coping tool, not a movement or organization.) I ghost while in America: I work on my hobbies, relax, and make plans for going abroad again. When I'm abroad I have adventures, have my own apartment, a job, a choice of actual women, and a bigger purpose. So it isn't denial. In my case, I'm using ghosting as a tool, which is as it should be. MGTOW is not some group I want to ascribe to because there is no point. (As many would tell you anyway...)
I agree 100%...Could not have said it better myself...
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

There's plenty of members who were not necessarily dramatic with women at home, but just didn't fit in the culture they were born in. They have a tendency to be romantic souls, to have a love for travel and discovering new cultures. The thrill of travel and adventure is what drives them, rather then the banal desires of the flesh; they are just a bonus. I am not terribly unhappy in the West, but I do always feel like there's something missing - I discovered I was happier abroad, ergo, I am HappierAbroad. :D

It's simple to just say all men on HA are "incel", as in they can't get laid in America or Europe. This was never an issue for me before, and it still isn't. Thing is, I am a married man and I am far away from my wife right now. I have ample opportunity but I avoid temptation and work hard to save up. I'm not MGTOW because I am a married man, but because we are physically apart for months at a time, and I spend my time on work, friends and family without any non-platonic female contact during those months, on some way my lifestyle resembles that of a MGTOW. At the end of the day, however, I still have a wife and a child waiting for me at home. I'm sort of in a limbo here, lol.

Living by myself without women ultimately does not bring my any joy though. Eventually it will make me go crazy, and drive me to drink and self-destruct. I need women to survive, I cannot be a solo man. Some men might, but I'm not one of those men. I'm a social animal.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Here's my version of the MGTOW.

A man stops approaching women and applying for jobs in the US or keeps trying but with no success, and is forced to live the life of a frustrated man who can't find a partner or a job. From my perspective, an MGTOW by default is a guy who can't find a woman or a job.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Banano wrote:This question is directed to HA members who don't and cant travel for whatever reasons and are forced to stay their own country. You might not be considering yourself as mgtow but you probably live that lifestyle anyway.

One can definitely be alone by choice and not circumstance.

I guess you could call me MGTOW, but I haven't sworn off women. I'm just not meeting ones that I'm interested in (though, I am geographically isolated). I was getting dates when I was trying though.

I'm just riding out my last few months in the military. Then, I'll ramp things up significantly. :D
Signet
Freshman Poster

Post by Signet »

MarcosZeitola wrote:It's simple to just say all men on HA are "incel", as in they can't get laid in America or Europe. This was never an issue for me before, and it still isn't. Thing is, I am a married man and I am far away from my wife right now. I have ample opportunity but I avoid temptation and work hard to save up. I'm not MGTOW because I am a married man, but because we are physically apart for months at a time, and I spend my time on work, friends and family without any non-platonic female contact during those months, on some way my lifestyle resembles that of a MGTOW. At the end of the day, however, I still have a wife and a child waiting for me at home. I'm sort of in a limbo here, lol.
I actually had a relatively long post, but then my power went out and I'm feeling too lazy to retype. Maybe it was for the best. Anyway, I was using incel to refer to the mgtow stereotype -- the people that flood onto manosphere articles or even vaguely MRA-esque videos and say ridiculous things that suggest they have probably never even sniffed at an actual interaction with a woman before -- not HA'ers. I think the vice of even the most difficult HA'ers is probably something closer to laziness than cowardice. There may be some overlap in places, but a premise of HA is that you at least have a plan (even if it's only in the contemplative stages), whereas MGTOW doesn't seem to have any additional requirements at all.

I'm not gonna sit and act like an expert on the movement or everybody in it, but my experiences with it generally haven't been very good, or instructive. Seems like too easy a way to waste a basically infinite amount of time.