Are full page ads interfering with your viewing this site?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

sharpbws wrote:
LukeSkywalker wrote:Folks, I've heard some undue criticisms of self-employed persons recently, mostly coming from Mr. Brad Sharp and Mr. Busybear. Mr. Brad Sharp has told Winston to "get a frickin' job", and I think by that he means that he has to have an employer, and that those who are self-employed do not have "real jobs".

Dude you couldn't be more wrong. I'm basically self-employed myself. I work with farmers every day of the year and earn $200k per year doing it.

No. What it means is he should get an income. Winston likes to describe himself as "self-employed" but what is his income level? Basically zip, zero, nada. His dream is to try to earn a respectable income without expending even the slightest effort. It's an impossibility.

The guy has responsibilities. He's got a child. He's not meeting his responsibilities in that regard. He's 34 years old and he lives off the money his parents send him. He has sex with prostitutes without wearing a condom and then goes home and has unprotected sex with the mother of his child. He avoids every single responsibility that one would expect a man of his age to accept.

You seem like a nice kid. I can't believe you REALLY want to immulate his behavior and lifestyle?
W: You are fricking wrong Brad. I've spend THOUSANDS of hours trying to make money the past 10 months! That's a lot of time! So stop lying you weasel!

You are closed minded Brad. You are basically saying that slavery to someone else is the only path in life and that there is no way around it. Some people, including some of my friends and even my own mom, just cannot stand having being a slave to someone else for 9 hours a day, bowing to their will and control over their life for that long each day. It's not for everyone Brad. Some people love their freedom too much and would rather be poor than be a slave 9 hours a day.

You just don't understand us Brad. You are a basher and don't like to offer anything positive.

And your people skills suck. Telling someone to grow up and get a job has never resulted in anyone actually growing up and getting a job.

Furthermore, as someone who's had many jobs in my life, I can tell you that having the RIGHT job is the most important thing. Just taking ANY job just to have one to appease society and folks like Brad, usually ends up in regret. When it's found out that you are a bad fit, you either get fired or you have to resign. And I never like to start a job that I know I won't stick with, unless it's a temp job anyway. The point is, getting any job just to have a job and look good to society and the Brad Sharps of the world, usually ends up being a MISTAKE and you end up REGRETTING it. Brad doesn't take that into account in his limited narrow world view.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

busybear33 wrote:
WWu777 wrote:
busybear33 wrote:Brad,

I know have good intentions, but Winston Wu is almost 40 years old. We remain unsure of the future.

Busybear
W: I'm 34 you dumbfuck, and if you checked my bio, you'd know that. Stop the lies and misinformation or else I'm going to have to ban you. It's too much hassle trying to correct your stupid little mistakes.
To Winston Wu: I expected a modicum of grace regarding your response. Your situation is dire and your parents will not live forever. You must take responsibility and serve as a father and provider. You can make a living to step in a better direction.

Your critics continue to celebrate and watch your suffering. Your critics will continue to celebrate well into your older years.
W: This has nothing to do with being graceful. I am just telling the truth and how it is, not trying to please your illogical statements. And lying is not graceful either, but you never seem to learn that, you dumb bear.

The truth is, I work very hard as long as I believe in what I'm doing. I won't work hard just cause someone tells me to or society does. It has to be doing what I WANT, not some shit vocation that's given to me.

That's reality. If you just get any job just to have one, you will regret it later on. It always happens. I have a lot of experience in life and know what I'm talking about.

The critics will always criticize. That is their nature. Nothing will satisfy them. I could win a Nobel Peace Prize and they'd still bash me. But I am successful now and have everything I want, and they don't even congratulate me. They are just jealous.

The truth is still, that NO ONE who is happy, sociable, outgoing, and positive has ever hated or become my enemy or basher. It's usually those who have no friends and hate the world that hate me, in which case it means nothing.
busybear33
Freshman Poster

Post by busybear33 »

Winston: You must make a living and avoid relying on your parents. It will be a better direction for you. The mother of your child and your son need you to provide support and guidance.

Prove to your parents and your in-laws that you can make a living. Prove to yourself that you can be a better person.
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

WWu777 wrote: You are fricking wrong Brad. I've spend THOUSANDS of hours trying to make money the past 10 months! That's a lot of time! So stop lying you weasel!
Trying doesn't buy the baby new shoes!

People who accept their responsibilities understand that it may require them to do something that is unpleasant. That's what being a "grown-up" is all about. Time to grow up Peter Pan.
Some people love their freedom too much and would rather be poor than be a slave 9 hours a day.
You gave up that option when you had a child Winston. Now your freedom of expression and choice is secondary to the responsibility of providing for and raising you son. Can you reall be so narcisstic as to put your welfare in front of your son's?
You just don't understand us Brad.
I understand you perfectly. You are a self-centered, egocentric narcissis who cares only about pleasing himself at the expense of others. You could give a rat's ass about accepting appropriate responsibility for things in your current life situation.

BTW, when are you going to address my statements about having sex with prostitutes without wearing a condom and then having life-threatening sex with the mother of your child without informing her of your cavaliar and inconsiderate behavior? I notice you haven't issued any denials?
You are a basher and don't like to offer anything positive.
Observing your behavior doesn't afford me much of an opportunity to be positive.
And your people skills suck. Telling someone to grow up and get a job has never resulted in anyone actually growing up and getting a job.
I'm attempting to shame you into appropriate behavior. You need a good kick in the pants to motivate you to do the right and responsible thing. If enough of us give you the message, perhaps one day before you child becomes completely mentally f***ed up like you; you may come to understand and accept you responsibilities and act like a man.
Furthermore, as someone who's had many jobs in my life, I can tell you that having the RIGHT job is the most important thing. Just taking ANY job just to have one to appease society and folks like Brad, usually ends up in regret. When it's found out that you are a bad fit, you either get fired or you have to resign. And I never like to start a job that I know I won't stick with, unless it's a temp job anyway. The point is, getting any job just to have a job and look good to society and the Brad Sharps of the world, usually ends up being a MISTAKE and you end up REGRETTING it. Brad doesn't take that into account in his limited narrow world view.
Once again you gave up your right to be selective when you fathered a child. That means you have to put aside your own self-interest and pleasure for the benefit of YOUR child. I think your too selfish and self-centered to be cabale of doing that.

You should be willing to do ANY JOB no matter how horribe to make sure your child has food to eat, clothes to war and a roof over his head. At 34 years old, you shouldn't rely on accepting money from your parents to support your lifestyle. If that means you can't afford to go out and pay for sex anymoe then that's a sacrifice you should be willing to make for the benefit of your son and girlfriend (fat chance).

I don't know how you can stand to look at yourself in the mirror each morning. How can you have even a shred of self respect remaining?
:-)
Brad
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Post by LukeSkywalker »

Brad, Busybear, how do you know that he's not doing just fine financially. How do you even know how much money he makes in the first place? Did whatever the Philippine equivalent of the IRS is send you two a copy of his tax return or something? Folks, if he's making enough money from his website for him and his family to get by, and he doesn't feel that he needs to make any more money than that, then that should be his choice, not yours.

Jesus, you folks remind me of the story I read in the newspaper that one time about the social worker that took this family's kids away because it was deemed that the parents didn't have enough presents underneath the tree for the kids on Christmas. Sheesh.
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

LukeSkywalker wrote:Brad, Busybear, how do you know that he's not doing just fine financially. How do you even know how much money he makes in the first place? Did whatever the Philippine equivalent of the IRS is send you two a copy of his tax return or something? Folks, if he's making enough money from his website for him and his family to get by, and he doesn't feel that he needs to make any more money than that, then that should be his choice, not yours.

Jesus, you folks remind me of the story I read in the newspaper that one time about the social worker that took this family's kids away because it was deemed that the parents didn't have enough presents underneath the tree for the kids on Christmas. Sheesh.
Add on the possibility of the cost of living being a fraction of the cost of living in a typical western/industrialised nation & you really may end up taking them words back. Would you two say the same thing if he was getting decent US salary that converted to almost millionaire status down there due to stuff costing maybe 90 % less there?
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

LukeSkywalker wrote:Brad, Busybear, how do you know that he's not doing just fine financially. How do you even know how much money he makes in the first place? Did whatever the Philippine equivalent of the IRS is send you two a copy of his tax return or something?
Tax returns? And Wu? ROTFLMAO! That's a good one Luke. In order to file a tax return, you need some form of income. A tax return of Wu's would be a "collectors item" because of it's rarity. Secondly, do you really think Wu would actually ever pay taxes even if he owed them? He'd rationalizes some excuse with his f***ed-up logic why he could better spend the money on himself rather than trust the government to use it to pay for essential services for the common good.

Anyway, I have it on good authority that he's making less than $5 per day on his webpage. I don't care how financially depressed a country might be; $5 per day will not adequately support a family.
Folks, if he's making enough money from his website for him and his family to get by, and he doesn't feel that he needs to make any more money than that, then that should be his choice, not yours.
The only way he's "getting by" is because his daddy is sending him money; lots of it. Period. Luke, if you don't think that's reprehensible behavior for a 34-year old man with the responsibility of raising a child, then I seriously misjudged your character.

What is equally reprehensible is the fact that he's taking a large portion of what money he has and is spending it on prostitites to pleasure himself. Even a Wu admirer like yourself has to agree that's pretty f***ed up behavior; especially for a guy without excess disposable income who has the responsibility of financially supporting a child.

I won't even talk about how mentally f***ed up and selfishly self-centered a guy must be to have sex with prostitutes without a condom and then go home and have unprotected sex with the mother of his child.
:-)
Brad
LukeSkywalker
Freshman Poster

Post by LukeSkywalker »

sharpbws wrote:
LukeSkywalker wrote:Brad, Busybear, how do you know that he's not doing just fine financially. How do you even know how much money he makes in the first place? Did whatever the Philippine equivalent of the IRS is send you two a copy of his tax return or something?
Tax returns? And Wu? ROTFLMAO! That's a good one Luke. In order to file a tax return, you need some form of income. A tax return of Wu's would be a "collectors item" because of it's rarity. Secondly, do you really think Wu would actually ever pay taxes even if he owed them? He'd rationalizes some excuse with his f***ed-up logic why he could better spend the money on himself rather than trust the government to use it to pay for essential services for the common good.

Anyway, I have it on good authority that he's making less than $5 per day on his webpage. I don't care how financially depressed a country might be; $5 per day will not adequately support a family.
Folks, if he's making enough money from his website for him and his family to get by, and he doesn't feel that he needs to make any more money than that, then that should be his choice, not yours.
The only way he's "getting by" is because his daddy is sending him money; lots of it. Period. Luke, if you don't think that's reprehensible behavior for a 34-year old man with the responsibility of raising a child, then I seriously misjudged your character.

What is equally reprehensible is the fact that he's taking a large portion of what money he has and is spending it on prostitites to pleasure himself. Even a Wu admirer like yourself has to agree that's pretty f***ed up behavior; especially for a guy without excess disposable income who has the responsibility of financially supporting a child.

I won't even talk about how mentally f***ed up and selfishly self-centered a guy must be to have sex with prostitutes without a condom and then go home and have unprotected sex with the mother of his child.
Note to Brad:

You're right, it's bad to have unprotected sex with prostitutes and then sex with your girlfriend.

Anyway, I thought that the reason why he was having sex with them is because he was hypnotized by their long black hair and golden Philippine skin.

But now that you're telling me that the reason why he is having sex with them is just for pleasure, I think this is a fixable situation.

In fact what we're going to do Brad is this:

Have you ever seen the photos of him singing in the bars?

We're going to nurture that vocal talent of his and turn him into a power metal vocalist, and get him a band and he'll make a few bucks from that, he'll make a few bucks from his site, combined it'll be enough money for him to get by, he'll get to do this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=c3H4liC2sWg) all the time, and that will give him some pretty insane adrenaline rushes which will more than solve the "not enough pleasure" problem, and bada-bing bada-boom, problems solved.

Note to Winston:

There are so many people here trying to tell you how to live your life, and I don't want to seem like I'm getting on that bandwagon. What I suggested to you is just that -- a suggestion which will truly inspire you and make you a little money on the side. I know it inspired me when I started my power metal band, and I often made a little money on the side from places that would pay me to play at events (although I gave free concerts too)

Winston, when I had my band, there were many times during the practices and shows where I felt like my heart was going to burn up and explode. And I mean literally explode. It's that intense.

(Unfortunately I haven't been able to have a band for almost a year because of academics and other commitments, but I will have a time opening soon and thus I'm going to start up one again very soon and have them for a couple months before I have to graduate.)

Anyway, the whole genre of power metal is about being a free spirit, which is what you are, and running free, which is what you do.

So take a look at this video Winston to see what I'm talking about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3H4liC2sWg