What Is South Africa Like?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

What Is South Africa Like?

Post by Wolfeye »

Anyone been there? Lived there? I was watching Blood Diamond & my thoughts drifted toward that area with some curiosity. I notice that there seems to be a broader degree of allowances with guns you can have with a hunting license than for self-defense. I wonder if a white guy that's not off to start shit or generally menacing people would have any functional issue at all?

Of course, it seems that there are numerous severe elements there that can get you into trouble. Lots of "loyalty issues" & whatever crazy bullshit that might be going on over there. I remember hearing about guys going after kids (that are presumably physically virgins) because they feel that it'll cure their AIDS (like the concept of a clean dish rag, not to be crude). I could see a run-in with that sort of creature being something that could get me into various legal bullshit... or maybe not. That's what I'm saying. If I blew someone like that away, I'd imagine there's plenty that would side with me. Then again, if it's all race-based, there might be some guys that are like that amongst your own group (not trustable, despite people saying "they're your side").