Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

pan am stewardess vs today modern stewardess

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

pan am stewardess vs today modern stewardess

Postby chanta76 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:19 pm

Anyone that flies know that almost all American modern airlines have over weight older men or women as stewardess. Jet blue, US airs etc...but compared to any Asian airlines they usually have young skinny Asian female stewardess...Korean air line, singapore etc..etc...But there was a time when the western airline did employ young slim female stewardess. That's way back in the 1950-60's time...I think with the rise of feminism and other choices for women to find work that's when the rise of the older fatter western stewardess happened.

The reason why I'm saying this is that I think many of the Asian countries when it comes to sexism is still like America 1960's -1970's-80's depending on the country. I notice that in South Korea there are more choices for a Korean women and therefore they won't choose a career as a stewardess and lately there been more older Korean female flight attendant but still not a old or fat as the western counterpart.

I think once the Asian airlines start employing fatter older male or female as a flight attendant is a good litmus test that feminism finally did arrive in Asia.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: pan am stewardess vs today modern stewardess

Postby Ghost » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:40 pm

I love flying Chinese airlines. So many young, thin, fair-skinned flight attendants who speak English. :)

Flying in the U.S., you almost always get some lard-sack, haggard-faced bitter-cup. "Would you like the f***ing shit chicken or would you like to eat shit and die? The chicken? OK, that'll be 53.87 because f**k you, food isn't included anymore."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby droid » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:31 pm

There
http://www.tanie-loty.com.pl/forum/650-inspirujace-filmy-i-zdjecia/7714-oryginalne-uniformy-stewardess?PageSpeed=&start=150

Not as cute as I thought, but still

I like Japanese better i guess. The ones on my ANA flight were actually cuter than this.

taiwan

And Vietanmese even more of course, my favorites of course
ImageImage

smoking hot too
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
droid
Veteran Poster

Postby Signet » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:26 pm

The stewardesses on Alaska Airlines flights going out of Bellingham have generally been pretty attractive young women, but they have these ugly perma-scowls, like they're constantly smelling a really rancid fart. Pure supposition, but I imagine it comes from the American/Washingtonian "I may be dressed like a stripper, but you're a pig if you look at me" school of thought. Pretty rude as well.

Conversely, the stewardesses on Lufthansa were sun-dried middle-aged women who looked who looked like anthropomorphic dates, but were extremely nice and had a great attitude.

Why can't the good traits be together?!
Signet
Freshman Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 am

I love the uniforms navy blue uniforms, dark pantyhose/nylons, and heels these women wear!!!! To me it makes them look both CLASSY AND SEXY!!!!!
IraqVet2003
Freshman Poster

Postby zboy1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:17 am

Pan Am was a great show. Why ABC cancelled the show is beyond me...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZeVxqRpWMo[/youtube]
Find teaching jobs in China at http://workabroad.today
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby IraqVet2003 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:13 am

I think when comparing the Pan Am stewardess vs. today's modern ones, I say the former looks better because the women at that time were mostly young and not slightly over weight. I will also say that the Pan Am stewardess uniforms looked both feminine and classy with these attractive ladies wearing gloves, a hat, blouse, sport coat, skirt, and heels. However, I do find the uniforms of some modern airlines very good looking too. For the domestic (U.S.) airlines, Alaska and Delta's Airlines navy blue uniforms, dark pantyhose, skirts, and heels make these women look both CLASSY AND SEXY!!!
In addition, the attractive stewardess happens to be one of my favorite fantasies!!! Especially seeing photos of the ones from many of the Asian airlines and bullet trains (Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Thai, etc.) in those stylish outfits!!! They look so classy, beautiful, and FEMININE!!!! Here is a list of some of the hottest airline stewardess in the world:

10 Most Attractive Airline Stewardess In World

1.) Air France

2.) Singapore Airlines

3.) Aeroflot Air (Russia)

4.) Kingfisher Airlines (India)

5.) Cathay Pacific (Hong Kong, China)

6.) Emirates (U.A.E.)

7.) Air Asia (Malaysia)

8.) Lufthansa (Germany)

9.) Thai Airways International

10.) Virgin Atlantic (U.K.)

Here's the link: http://www.wonderlist.com/10-attractive-airlines-stewardess/