How can many Americans be so ignorant?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

How can many Americans be so ignorant?

Post by Tsar »

How can the majority of people in America be so ignorant to believe the lies that there is an economic recovery and that there has been an economic recovery happening for years? Almost every day there is more news stories about more companies laying-off good jobs (and even some companies laying-off many minimum wage workers)? Most good paying jobs disappear for good (many are moved abroad to cheap labor economies), get replaced with technology (especially minimum wage workers), or companies have fewer workers trying to do what should be done by a larger workforce. Many corporations also contract out to prisons to have prisoners make things for cheaper than they pay even the lowest paid workers abroad (so the US does have prison work camps).

Today on Yahoo Finance there are at least 10 articles of various companies laying of between 500 to a few thousand workers each. Companies are in different sectors.

Why are the general masses in America so ignorant and believe the lies? It seems that the masses (the sheep) want to be led to the slaughter time and time again.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

-----

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 26th, 2016, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How can many Americans be so ignorant?

Post by Tsar »

Ghost wrote:Man, how many times do you need to rehash this? Things are terrible. Worse than they've ever been in history even. You know. We know. We all know. A lot of us have had to suffer through it too.

You're clearly going to have no effect on it. You've got no control over it. It won't change in your lifetime. Why are you wallowing in it? You need a plan, but all you do is waste your valuable time.

Americans are ignorant. Yes, we know. We know. Indulging in doom is fine, but not if that is all that you do. You're not a prince. Sorry, man. You didn't luck out that way. We could talk about why or why you don't deserve to be a prince all day, but the truth is you're a guy of limited means who could do something but wastes his life.

You've wallowed enough, like a pig in the mud. Get up and get going. You think things are bad now...
Since the " World War Forum Drama-Fest Firestorm" started I'll respond to this post which I was ignoring.

This isn't a rehash. This is talking about current events. I guess you don't read the news or care about current events. I guess it's to be expected of you. Nothing of value or substance is in your post.

This thread should be a discussion topic, but like always you go and ruin it. Just like one dozen other threads over the past year by "The" or you or someone else. In the past my threads were good discussion topics but now they just get ruined by a comment designed to provoke a drama storm.

Looks like I just created another battlefront in the latest "Forum War."
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How can many Americans be so ignorant?

Post by Tsar »

For anyone that's interested in the recent lay-offs the companies include:

-Tobisha
-Cheapeake Energy
-Caterpillar Inc
-HP
-ConAgra
-WalMart
-Whole Foods

US Layoffs surge to a total of 58,877 for September
The September reductions in the Challenger report pushed the layoff count in the third quarter to 205,759, making it the worst quarter for job cuts in six years. Year to date, employers have announced plans to hand out 493,431 pink slips, more than the full-year total of 483,171 in 2014.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-layoff ... 06327.html