Why do Americans hate their children? And vice versa

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
whereisthefuture
Freshman Poster

Why do Americans hate their children? And vice versa

Post by whereisthefuture »

One thing I have noticed is that there generally is a very hostile relationship between American parents and their children (young or adult). Why is this so? The extent and the range of the hostility is anomalous among other developed countries.

A study found that the USA was a leader in tension between parents and children: http://www.livescience.com/6766-leader- ... rents.html

Here is a popular forum for children of American parents to voice their dissatisfaction with their parents' behaviors: https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/ It seems to be an exclusively American audience that participates.

Another interesting phenomenon is the callousness parents treat their children with respect to living at home. A "get the hell out when you're 18 years old" belief prevails, despite the realities of the poor economy. If the children do not leave, then they are charged rent, which to me, as a non-American, seems perverse. A parental and nurturing relation has become a profit seeking/consumer relation. In that case, there is no room for it to be anything but hostile. This is not the case elsewhere where multi-generational families and real relationships between family members is the norm.

You are charging your own child money to live in their own home? Why not ask for a bill for anything you have invested in them until then, including time spent in the womb, if that is the attitude: Your life is merely an inconvenient expense.

It seems totally bereft of love, and I think that is reflected in the behaviors of American people today: distrusting, cold, withdrawn. They do not know real warmth and are afraid to offer it to another, for fear of being hurt. It's not a language they speak. It's not for no reason that social dysfunction is at an all time high with various escapisms and addictions and people have an average of a mere 2 'confidants' (http://www.livescience.com/16879-close- ... today.html). If the first major relationship in your life which conditions all your other future relationships is malformed, then how could any other relationship be otherwise?

It also seems to prefigure the relationship children will have with their parents once they reach old age: throw them in a nursing home (or worse), and forget about them until they die. But who can blame them at that point? The relationship had been totally chiseled away.

It also explains the strange modern 'movements' that seem wholly American in participation. Here I am talking about childfree and antinatalist movements which derogatorily refer to people who have children as "breeders". Can you imagine an Italian grandma telling her granddaughter to avoid marriage and spit on children? It seems a totally warped perspective exclusive to America. Here is the childfree forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/

In both perspectives, it seems the actors have become so fully merged with the consumption/consumer identity.
Parents: your children are an expensive resource, so treat them as a problem following the "out of sight, out of mind" rule.
Children: the same applies when their parents' health declines. "Out of sight, out of mind"
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do Americans hate their children? And vice versa

Post by Yohan »

whereisthefuture wrote:One thing I have noticed is that there generally is a very hostile relationship between American parents and their children (young or adult). Why is this so? The extent and the range of the hostility is anomalous among other developed countries.
Another interesting phenomenon is the callousness parents treat their children with respect to living at home. A "get the hell out when you're 18 years old" belief prevails, despite the realities of the poor economy.
You are charging your own child money to live in their own home?
I would say, this depends on parents in general, not typical only for USA.

I am from Europe, and my mother was for sure nothing better. And this was about 50 years ago. Children cannot choose their parents, nowhere in this world, some children are welcome and others are not.
from the article:
While German parents were unlikely to have negative feelings toward their adult children, they also lacked positive feelings, indicating overall detachment.
Last edited by Yohan on October 4th, 2015, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

whereisthefuture wrote:One thing I have noticed is that there generally is a very hostile relationship between American parents and their children (young or adult). Why is this so? The extent and the range of the hostility is anomalous among other developed countries.

A study found that the USA was a leader in tension between parents and children: http://www.livescience.com/6766-leader- ... rents.html

Here is a popular forum for children of American parents to voice their dissatisfaction with their parents' behaviors: https://www.reddit.com/r/raisedbynarcissists/ It seems to be an exclusively American audience that participates.

Another interesting phenomenon is the callousness parents treat their children with respect to living at home. A "get the hell out when you're 18 years old" belief prevails, despite the realities of the poor economy. If the children do not leave, then they are charged rent, which to me, as a non-American, seems perverse. A parental and nurturing relation has become a profit seeking/consumer relation. In that case, there is no room for it to be anything but hostile. This is not the case elsewhere where multi-generational families and real relationships between family members is the norm.

You are charging your own child money to live in their own home? Why not ask for a bill for anything you have invested in them until then, including time spent in the womb, if that is the attitude: Your life is merely an inconvenient expense.

It seems totally bereft of love, and I think that is reflected in the behaviors of American people today: distrusting, cold, withdrawn. They do not know real warmth and are afraid to offer it to another, for fear of being hurt. It's not a language they speak. It's not for no reason that social dysfunction is at an all time high with various escapisms and addictions and people have an average of a mere 2 'confidants' (http://www.livescience.com/16879-close- ... today.html). If the first major relationship in your life which conditions all your other future relationships is malformed, then how could any other relationship be otherwise?

It also seems to prefigure the relationship children will have with their parents once they reach old age: throw them in a nursing home (or worse), and forget about them until they die. But who can blame them at that point? The relationship had been totally chiseled away.

It also explains the strange modern 'movements' that seem wholly American in participation. Here I am talking about childfree and antinatalist movements which derogatorily refer to people who have children as "breeders". Can you imagine an Italian grandma telling her granddaughter to avoid marriage and spit on children? It seems a totally warped perspective exclusive to America. Here is the childfree forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/

In both perspectives, it seems the actors have become so fully merged with the consumption/consumer identity.
Parents: your children are an expensive resource, so treat them as a problem following the "out of sight, out of mind" rule.
Children: the same applies when their parents' health declines. "Out of sight, out of mind"
I don't know if you live in the USA or not, but most of what you say does take place. However, you are wildly exaggerating to portray it as the rule. I know of very few families who are what you outline as " normal". The number of children continuing to live at home us is likely at an all time high. And most adult children I know are actively involved with their parents care. When my father passed away a couple of years ago, he was at home and cared for by family members 24/7 till his dying day.

Generally, the term "breeders" is a darogatory term used by fags to show their contempt for traditional pairings of men and women leading to children and families.

Some pathologies are widespread and growing, but to say "In America, parents hate their children." Is simply silly. You need to get out more.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

OutWest wrote:I don't know if you live in the USA or not, but most of what you say does take place. However, you are wildly exaggerating to portray it as the rule. I know of very few families who are what you outline as " normal". The number of children continuing to live at home us is likely at an all time high. And most adult children I know are actively involved with their parents care. When my father passed away a couple of years ago, he was at home and cared for by family members 24/7 till his dying day.

Generally, the term "breeders" is a darogatory term used by fags to show their contempt for traditional pairings of men and women leading to children and families.

Some pathologies are widespread and growing, but to say "In America, parents hate their children." Is simply silly. You need to get out more.
Pretty much this.

The article reads as a gross exaggeration. All of this is a clear example of anti-natalist propaganda, that's very widespread especially in the Western world among white Americans and Europeans. It's gotten so bad these days, it's insane... my wife told me a few weeks ago about a comment she saw on FB. One of her old classmates has gotten pregnant by her American fiancée. When the new father uploaded a picture of himself holding his newborn son, the first comment (and most liked) was by one of his friends: "You f***ed up dude!" More people replied in a similar manner. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Too many people nowadays are openly hostile against all things natural. Childbearing is bad, people with kids are "breeders", breastfeeding is treated like a crime against humanity, people who marry early are seen as stupid or uncivilized, and at the same time "slutwalks" and sleeping around are promoted everywhere... and no one seems to be questioning it.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
OutWest wrote:I don't know if you live in the USA or not, but most of what you say does take place. However, you are wildly exaggerating to portray it as the rule. I know of very few families who are what you outline as " normal". The number of children continuing to live at home us is likely at an all time high. And most adult children I know are actively involved with their parents care. When my father passed away a couple of years ago, he was at home and cared for by family members 24/7 till his dying day.

Pretty much this.

The article reads as a gross exaggeration. All of this is a clear example of anti-natalist propaganda, that's very widespread especially in the Western world among white Americans and Europeans. It's gotten so bad these days, it's insane... my wife told me a few weeks ago about a comment she saw on FB. One of her old classmates has gotten pregnant by her American fiancée. When the new father uploaded a picture of himself holding his newborn son, the first comment (and most liked) was by one of his friends: "You f***ed up dude!" More people replied in a similar manner. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Too many people nowadays are openly hostile against all things natural. Childbearing is bad, people with kids are "breeders", breastfeeding is treated like a crime against humanity, people who marry early are seen as stupid or uncivilized, and at the same time "slutwalks" and sleeping around are promoted everywhere... and no one seems to be questioning it.

You nailed it further. These mental degenerates cannot even see their own doom. Having your family, wife and children is almost repulsive to theses degenerates, and some fag pounding shit up some other dudes a$$ is now "marriage".

Maybe in the coming revolution and chaos, a lot if this can be settled.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

whereisthefuture: That's a very accurate post. In answer to your question, I think arrogance has a lot to do with it- it being hard to see anyone else as anything good. Also, it winds up being a low-key social trend "f**k you for being better than me, because that makes me look bad / f**k you for being my equal, because that means you could take my place / f**k you for being worse than me, because you're an inferior."

Another thing is being work-centric. Work is supposed to support life, but since the fixation is on work- so anything that takes time out of that or money that comes from that is seen in a similar esteem as an enemy aggression. All these things in life that are coming to take away their money. Money that's theoretically useful because you can pay for things in life with it. It's like wasting air by breathing it or wasting food by eating it.

There's probably other things, but those are two major ones in my opinion. To make it a top three, I'd say that there's a general issue with fighting back- even though in words, it's usually supported. They don't really clash with "aww, it's such a shame" type of stuff. This is true in a physical confrontation, but also in general life- so when something is causing an issue, they won't throw it out. They're not going to counteract these influences, which includes not doing something different to generate a different effect.