Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Breadwinner wives in other countries?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Breadwinner wives in other countries?

Postby traveller » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:52 am

I have been studying lately about a visible rise in the percentage of American families in which the woman is the breadwinner. As of now, it is at around 40 percent, roughly a third of which are a married (husband/wife) couple, so apparently about one ninth of American households are of a husband/wife marriage in which the wife is the breadwinner.

Does anyone know if other countries have similar percentages of such families? If so, which countries would those be?

Don't get me wrong. I'm okay with the rising percentages of female breadwinners; in fact, because of my disability, I have long ago accepted that, if hypothetically I were to get married, chances are very high that my wife would most likely be the breadwinner.
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions