Living in BRICS nations?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Living in BRICS nations?

Post by Wolfeye »

Hello, everyone. Recently, I saw the idea of living in one of the BRICS nations on this site & was curious about it. I know it means Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa. I don't know all that much about those countries, though. Keeping in mind that I'd likely do better in the first two than the last three. Don't really know what to ask, so I figured I'd just float a question out there on general information & see what people said.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Living in BRICS nations?

Post by zboy1 »

Well, I'm in China and the economy here, although struggling a bit now, is still doing way better than the States. Also, I feel more comfortable here than in America. Weird, isn't it?

The Globalists want the BRICS to do well, unlike the U.S., so why not go to the countries that will prosper in the future--and not decline!?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

The BRICS are in for a rough ride this year, except maybe India.

Brazil could plunge into crisis, and if it does, you'd want to GTFO.

Russia is already in crisis.

China is heading for an epic crisis, and the government will blame foreigners - again GTFO.

Other countries like Thailand and maybe Peru could get smashed as the dollar rises.

If you want to hide out somewhere interesting, try Myanmar.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:Well, I'm in China and the economy here, although struggling a bit now, is still doing way better than the States. Also, I feel more comfortable here than in America. Weird, isn't it?

The Globalists want the BRICS to do well, unlike the U.S., so why not go to the countries that will prosper in the future--and not decline!?
I know you feel it's "weird", but just remain feeling blessed about it. You're in a good spot in your life now from what it seems. :D
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 10th, 2020, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

The info is more than I had, but what about actually living in these countries? What's it like in Russia? What's it like in Brazil? Anyone that's lived there or been there on vacation or can relay some information from those people, it'd be appreciated.
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Post by GoingAwol »

Ghost wrote:I find China pretty good overall to live in. Just want to be selective about where you set up shop.

India I wouldn't touch with 10,000 mile pole. But that's just my preference.

Russia I would possibly try living and working in if it wasn't so cold.

Brazil I would be more open to once I learned Spanish fluently (since it's so closely related to Portuguese) and knew I could flourish in Latin America in general.

I didn't know South Africa was on the list. I thought the 's' in BRICs was just to pluralize it since the acronym sounds like a noun.
Sure,
most areas of Russia are cold in the winter, but there are exceptions to the rule (Sochi for example ,and I think there are opportunities to teach english there). And I have read and heard english teachers usually get a few weeks holiday on new years so that would be a good time to get a break from the Russian winter and travel somewhere warmer.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

If I had a choice of which of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, & South Africa) nations, I would love to go with BRAZIL. That's because I like the type of tropical, year-round warm weather (the equator runs through the country), the beaches along it's coastlines, beautiful women, food, etc. Plus Brazil will soon host the 2016 Summer Olympic Games which means a lot more modernization in Rio De Janiero. However, other than having to get a visa and learning Portuguese, the economy might not be doing so well.