Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Postby fschmidt » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:13 pm

I think the time has come to write a eulogy for Human Intelligence. If no one else is up to the task, I will try.

I am not sure of the exact date of death of Human Intelligence, presumably a few years ago. And just as a dead body may contain a few cells still living, there may still live a few intelligent people, but Human Intelligence as a whole is clearly dead. Those who do not believe in resurrection of the dead should simply accept reality and mourn the death of Human Intelligence and then move on. And for this purpose, I feel that a good eulogy is in order.
Following the Old Testament, not evil modern culture
fschmidt
Veteran Poster

Re: A Eulogy for Human Intelligence

Postby gnosis » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:57 pm

There's always a tendency to wax nostalgic about "the 'good old days," but in all probability life has always been "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short" to quote Hobbes. Although not short enough, it would seem.

Write your eulogy. It's a good idea. Even if you do a shoddy job putting it together it will be better than anything our abysmal popular culture is churning out.
gnosis
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions