Welcome to our new upgraded phpbb 3.2 forum! The upgrade is now complete. See announcement and new features here, or report any problems or issues here. Thanks for your patience.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics

America 1956 vs. America 2016

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco » April 6th, 2016, 6:26 am

I find that most people(like my parents) that lived in the 1950's still have an unhealthy addiction to America and would never think about moving to another country no matter how bad things get.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archiv ... erica-2016

“Every time a President leaves the White House after two terms, there is a recession within the next year"

Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: America 1956 vs. America 2016

Post by Winston » April 6th, 2016, 7:59 am

It's not just about economics. Neighbors talked to each other, there were family values, you didn't have to debate stupid issues like gay rights, feminism or tattoos, and TV only had wholesome shows, not amoral degenerate shows.

You guys should see this interesting movie called "Pleasantville" where some teens go back in time through their TV set to the 1950's black and white era, where they thought it was the good old days and golden age. But in reality the world they enter is full of people struggling to find more color in their lives and to experience life and reality more beyond their dull b/w narrow existence. It kind of makes you wonder whether the grass is always greener on the other side, and is a very philosophical film that makes you think and ponder.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120789/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

"David, single, lonely and not happy with his life, flees reality by watching Pleasantville - a 1950's b&w soap opera, where everything is just that... pleasant. His sister Jennifer, sexually far more active than her brother, gets in a fight with him about a very strange remote control. The remote was given to them just seconds after the TV broke, by an equally strange repair man. They suddenly find themselves in Pleasantville, as Bud and Mary-Sue Parker, completely assimilated and therefore black and white, in clothes a little different and with new parents... pleasant ones. David wants to get out of the situation as well as his sister, but whereas he tries to blend in (effortlessly, with his knowledge), she does whatever she wants to do. One event leads to the other, and suddenly there is a red rose growing in Pleasantville. The more rules are broken, the more colorful life gets in Pleasantville, USA."

Trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6QzkIwQu0[/youtube]
Check out my video series Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Also see my HA Grand Ebook and Join Our Dating Sites to support us!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer » April 6th, 2016, 8:35 am

Yeah, that's the film where the teen from the future teaches the wholesome mother how to masturbate and not need her husband. By the end she turns color and leaves him.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque » April 6th, 2016, 8:37 am

Most of the blame belongs with the American people or should I say sheople, I HEARD a comment on a pod cast and the guy said that a republic such as ours is not a spectator sport and that about sums it up.

Our rulers have been waiting for this for a long time, DAA HERD!

Good morning Mr. Wu, :D
Time to Hide!

Return to “General Discussions”