Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

An Update and a Question

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: An Update and a Question

Postby Tsar » Wed May 18, 2016 9:47 pm

Ghost wrote:
Tsar wrote:My passport expired a few days ago. So it's not like I didn't have one. I am getting a new one in the next few weeks.

Well, I don't know. Shaving your beard and cutting your hair might prove too gargantuan a challenge for you.

Ghost, why don't you just put me on ignore or stop paying any attention to my posts? S_Parc did the right thing. I am no ones problem, I am my own problem.

It's obvious you don't like me so why do try to bait me?

1. You always say "Tsar thinks some Royal Navy is going to come save him"
2. You say Tsar is a narcissist, attention whore, or attention seeker
3. Tsar is entitled
4. Tsar is greedy
5. Everything is a challenge for Tsar
6. Tsar only complains about everything
7. Tsar brushes off everyone
8. Tsar never says thank you
9. You always select bits and pieces of my post to try to bait me
10. You always act rude and hostile towards me

Why can't you just put me on ignore and be done with me? I won't give you the time or satisfaction of taking the bait and turning this into an argument.

Do you know what depression is? Do severely depressed people even bother shaving, cutting their hair, going out a lot, eating enough, doing what they enjoy, etc etc? The answer is NO.

I have been going for treatment at a hospital and working on improving my state of mind. I shaved yesterday for the first time in almost a month.
Experienced Poster

Postby Ghost » Thu May 19, 2016 12:36 am

Tsar wrote:Ghost, why don't you just put me on ignore or stop paying any attention to my posts?

Why don't you just start accepting some help and getting your life together?

I am no ones problem, I am my own problem.

Got that right. You like your problems, or so it seems to me. Or at least you want your problems more than you want to solve any of them.

It's obvious you don't like me so why do try to bait me?

Bait you? I'm just trying to talk some sense into you.

Do you know what depression is? Do severely depressed people even bother shaving, cutting their hair, going out a lot, eating enough, doing what they enjoy, etc etc? The answer is NO.

Of course I know. There are two kinds of depression, by the way. One has to do with brain-chemistry problems, the other has to do with your mind letting you know that your life is f***ed up and you need do something about it. Just like pain is the way the body gives you feedback about bodily injuries, depression is your mind's way of giving you feedback about life "injuries" that need attending to.

I suspect you've got the latter form. I doubt there's anything truly wrong with your brain-chemistry. Your posts suggest this since your posts focus on your worries about money, a bride, and your future. You're not posting about anything irrational. You've got problems, that, if solved, would likely clear up your depression. So why not start attempting? It's impossible for it to get better if you never try. You could try and fail - that's entirely possible. But if you don't attempt you'll never know.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby MustVisitAsia123 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Tsar just focus on your mental health first. You've been spewing ideas which you haven't followed through for years... ditching everything to go abroad is a very bad idea unless you plan to settle there.
Freshman Poster

Postby Yohan » Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

Tsar wrote:My question is: Where (what country) could someone live and establish themselves if they earned the following passive income levels?

I can only comment about Pattaya and Cebu.

USD 600,- is about Thai Baht 21.000,- or Philippine Peso 28.000.-.

There are many ordinary local people who work full-time and still have a monthly income lower than that.

The question is about accommodation. Will you show up in such countries with some additional money to buy your own accommodation, in both cases a small condominium unit?

Without paying rent, it is surely possible to enjoy a modest life with USD 600,- in Pattaya and Cebu.

A foreigner cannot live as cheap as a local, if you consider medical fees, visa procedures, etc. US$ 20,- per day is surely not a good income.

My family does not have so much money either, but we have our own rooms in Pattaya, and together with my wife, in one month we spend about USD 2.200,- totally, about USD 70,- per day including all maintenance fees, electricity, water bill etc.

We have nice comfortable rooms, a large private swimming pool only for tenants, but no car, only motorcycle. We usually buy our food and eat in our rooms, we go only sometimes out to restaurants.

As some others said already, USD 1000,- is more reasonable to calculate per person in case of a foreigner in Thailand. I agree with that opinion.
Too cheap, too low budget = discomfort.
Veteran Poster

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sat May 21, 2016 2:29 am

Tsar wrote:Picking vegetables or whatever would be 100 times more enjoyable than the f***ing boring robot job in an old asthma-cough inducing building being a 2nd rate employee. Your advice has helped a lot and I am thinking I should be honest with myself and get myself laid-off (not fired).

By the way Italian Citizenship and access to the European Union was my #1 goal for this year. That would consume about half my savings, assuming I have $10,000.

You have ten thousand dollars and a pair of working hands and feet. You also have people such as myself who are willing to help you. You have the well-meant advice of many others here, lest we forget the time invested in you by Ghost. And then there are many knowledge people already living abroad permanently such as Yohan whose experience far exceeds my own.

Now is the time to act. You will not find salvation on the internet, nor will you be able to save yourself if you keep distracted with online games and online drama. Get-rich-quick schemes will not make you rich, success is not a guarantee and with your state of mind disaster seems a certainty.

I made you an offer you never took me up on directly. If you were serious about what I suggested, I would have expected to find a PM when I signed up again a week later. Instead, my message box is running low on Tsar. Why? I thought you wanted help brother...

There is nothing more for me to say or do now.
Experienced Poster

Postby gnosis » Sat May 21, 2016 2:41 am

Go with Marcos, Tsar. That could help you.

Not just going to the Phils, but being around a happy confident guy like Marcos. It could be helpful. A different environment. Chance to do some physical work. Get some perspective.
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions