Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

-----

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

-----

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:55 pm

-----
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are desperate times making forum posters fall for bullsh

Postby MarcosZeitola » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:06 pm

No, the same people who used to believe in this sort of nonsense, already believed in them even before things got worse. If anything, a side effect of dire times could be to flee away into religious fanaticism, or to treat conspiracy theories as the absolute gospel truth. I doubt anyone on this forum, however, recently adopted these believes simply because things got worse. They always had those beliefs. Now they flee away in them even more then before, if anything.

There's no direct correlation. Whether things are fine and dandy, or whether things are terrible, the same type of people will always be drawn towards conspiracy theories. Some of those theories are very far-fetched and ridiculous, others are far more sensible. For example when I hear someone claiming the earth is onlyn 6000 years old, or that the earth is flat and aliens are among us, I can just shake my head and dismiss that person as crazy, at least when it comes to such subjects. But when someone complains about the economy, or the banking system, or rigged elections, I often find myself nodding in agreement. Even some of the most sensible opinions are put in the same category as some of the most ridiculous opinions. And all dismissed under the name "conspiracy theory".
MarcosZeitola
Experienced Poster

Postby The_Adventurer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:22 pm

It's happening everywhere. Not just here. I don't think it's a result of the times, except as the times improve technology, and people have access to Youtube, iMovie, Windows Movie Maker and it is push button easy to even make these videos now.

Before, conspiracy nut jobs probably didn't have many avenues to get their messages out. Print flyers? Do VHS tapes? (yes. There are plenty who did that) Now, with a laptop (most come with everything you would need these days) and internet connection, anyone can quickly produce a fairly professional quality video and have it up and ready to go/share on Youtube in minutes.
“b***y is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of b***y in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Postby Moretorque » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:36 pm

You have to watch the word " Conspiracy Theory " because the elite created that term to deflect attention away from the belief in them.

The term was created when they killed Kennedy and people called the Gov ( The Bank ) out on it, he tried to get us out of the bankruptcy treaty to the international financiers. They operate on the stupidity of the herd or in this case a Ghost.......... :lol:

Winston is the real conspiracy theorist who keeps the non plausible alive.

Sometimes I wonder if he really isn't the real 007 sent to destroy us all under his tenure of being employed by MI 6.......
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Moretorque wrote:You have to watch the word " Conspiracy Theory " because the elite created that term to deflect attention away from the belief in them.

The term was created when they killed Kennedy and people called the Gov ( The Bank ) out on it, he tried to get us out of the bankruptcy treaty to the international financiers. They operate on the stupidity of the herd or in this case a Ghost.......... :lol:

Winston is the real conspiracy theorist who keeps the non plausible alive.

Sometimes I wonder if he really isn't the real 007 sent to destroy us all under his tenure of being employed by MI 6.......

I wouldn't count that as a conspiracy theory. A lot of people who don't delve into conspiracies at all know about the federal reserve.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Yohan » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Ghost wrote:Now, I've noticed that even in the past three years (I first went abroad three years ago) things have gotten a lot tougher. The ongoing collapse of the West is of course worsening, making it harder for the average man to get abroad.

Of course the West is also declining, but still is leading and offers the best quality of life for the average individual compared to the rest of the world.

Check out almost every place in the Islamic World, Arab or not, it is a total chaos.

Many other countries in Africa, but also in Latin America which have nothing to do with Islam are in deep poverty too.

I also see many Asian countries unstable and in a desperate situation - Philippines, Sri Lanka, Nepal etc. a few others are even worse, like North Korea, Myanmar...

Still better in the Western world for sure.

Some people believe in China, but I am skeptical...
Yohan
Veteran Poster

Postby Nomad » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Are desperate times making forum posters fall for bullshit?

Actually, it just makes them more cynical about life, which is bad. Its one thing to be realistic, its another to give-up and die.

I learned that my life and how it turns out isn't effected by the government. Sure they can influence it in a few ways, but they do not have absolute control over what I do with my life. Infact, i'm so free at the moment, I didn't like where America was heading, so I just packed up and left.

No one is forcing anyone to stay in America.. and lets be honest, if they was, the people would just call for a revolution. It hasn't gotten that bad yet.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Return to General Discussions