Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Depression & Anxiety

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Depression & Anxiety

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:18 am

Hey man, thanks for replies. I'm trying to find Tulsi here- unfortunately it seems like Beijing doesn't have any, the climate is antithetical to it growing here, or something. That's really great about you and exercise. I used to exercise a lot and I guess I was never depressed but, I sure was anxious. Beijing is kind of like a nightmare for that. It's confined, polluted, people bumping up against one another and no free space. Exercise is a tall order here.

I don't have enough sex, although I imagine it would lower anxiety, considerably.
I find that having & (applying) a modicum of wisdom helps me to function; looking at where I'm fighting it against my favor, what I need to accept - to make my life easier, etc. This helps my stress and anxiety go down - and it also helps me feel more normal, in general...it's very hard humbling yourself, but it's necessary if you want to correct or learn.
If you drop out from life, do not be surprised when it drops out from you or you don't feel part of it.
-"Virescit vulnere virtus"
Eric
Junior Poster

Postby Nomad » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:13 am

Eric, I can't help you with your depression, but I can offer some evidence I found out for myself and that is juice fasting.

I use to eat a lot of American junk food and these foods, while tasting good, always made me somewhat depressed after. When I was juice fasting, my mood improved within 5 minutes of me consuming green juice.

That is when I realized that our biological bodies is made to react to chemicals and the healthy veggies and fruits directly improved my mood. Another words, the type of energy I was putting into my body, is what effected my mood. If your depressed, I would just take 5 minutes of your time to consider are you putting any foods in your mouth that we consider unhealthy and how that will effect your mood.

God bless.
Nomad
Freshman Poster

Postby retiredfrank » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:18 am

You can exercise indoors. Knock off 50 quick standard pushups, then 50 quick one legged squats per leg, then another set of 50 Hindu pushups, 50 squat jumps, 15 one armed pushups per side, 15 cossack squats per side. Add 15 pullups (palms away from body) and 15 chinups (palms toward body) of you have a doorway pullup bar. Do all this very quickly so your heart rate stays elevated and you will get a great workout in 15 minutes. Follow with 10 minutes yoga stretches, headstand, etc. Then 5 minutes of kegel exercise while sitting in lotus position. Whole thing in less than 30 minutes.
retiredfrank
Freshman Poster

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:13 pm

yeah - that's good advice.
-"Virescit vulnere virtus"
Eric
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions