Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Who wouldn't want to stay out of gated communities!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Who wouldn't want to stay out of gated communities!

Postby traveller » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:52 pm

And I mean, even if you are invited to a party or whatever it is in a gated community by a person who lives in the gated community. Of course, one night I made a crazy exception when I went to a meetup group having a pool party at the Colonial Country Club in Fort Myers, which is a gated community. The only other time I ever went into a gated community was with my parents when we went and visited my cousin when she lived in the Ruffled Feathers Golf Course community in Chicago's west suburb of Lemont, also a gated community. And I did not exactly like the idea either. To me, going into a gated community is about like going through airport security or even visiting someone in prison. That is why, unless it is something really major like a singles or Meetup event or something public that is really major, I generally try to deliberately stay out of gated communities, even if I know someone in there and even if he/she invites me over for something.

I also notice even the camera guys/vehicle for Google Street View don't go into gated communities either. My opinion is, they don't like going into gated communities either.
Freshman Poster

Re: Who wouldn't want to stay out of gated communities!

Postby Ghost » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:39 am

What's interesting about gated communities is that they are a symptom of how much trust has declined in the U.S. A long time ago (when there were actual neighborhoods) people with different levels of income lived in proximity. Today, Americans think of the idea as crazy - and build suburbs and gated communities as a result - because trust has declined so much and materialism and the "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality is so powerful. It would sound weird today to say that people of different "classes" could be neighbors and be just fine, and yet this used to be the reality in America.

I hated gated "communities" and suburbs (which are also not communities.) I just want a good old-fashioned neighborhood, probably in a small town setting. The only ones that exist anymore are the old ones that haven't yet been destroyed.
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Kradmelder » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:09 am

Many people here, whites and blacks, live in gated communities; walled off, security at the boom etc.. I hate the things. No gardens, no privacy and why must the innocent live behind bars? It is no life for a free man.

I like a nice big house with a big garden. What we do is formed a legal non profit armed response security company. We patrol our streets, each man does a shift every 3 weeks. All men over 40 here have been in the army or police. The vast majority infantry or mech and time on the border or townships. At least half the homes contribute to patrols and a few of us do the armed response. We have cameras at every entrance and a control room monitored 24/7. Any time more than 1 Bravo Mike or Charlie Mike (black males and coloured males) is spotted entering they radio the patrol unit and we pull them over. if they don't have an address they visiting we can call to verify out you go. End result is little crime. The young white males under 35 are generally useless and say it is too dangerous so don't pitch in. No sense of responsibility. You cant even shame them. i asked one 25 year old who is not even working and he said no it is dangerous. i asked him so it is OK for men your father's age who have families and jobs to go go to in the morning to take the risk so you can sleep safe?. No response.

Walled communities are for criminals and weak sisters too lazy or afraid to provide their own security.
Freshman Poster

Postby NorthAmericanguy » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:41 pm

I have been inside more gated communities then I can count. If you think the suburbs is boring, a gated community is even more boring and closed off from secioty.
Veteran Poster

Return to General Discussions