Opinions on women going abroad?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HowNow
Freshman Poster

Opinions on women going abroad?

Post by HowNow »

West to East, East to West. Horror or success. Share it here.
Sackler
Freshman Poster

Re: Opinions on women going abroad?

Post by Sackler »

I hear many fempats or female expats often get a dose of their medicine when they go abroad. It depends on where they go, to be honest.

Places like Spain, Italy, Germany, they enjoy almost as much attention back home assuming they are from the US/UK.

But when in the Eastern world, they face harsh realities to how things really are. Not as much attention, increased sexual competition by local women, etc etc.

Choose wisely, ladies.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

It depends on how they look. If they are fat and not pretty they will be ignored if they go to Asia but if they are slim and attractive than local guys do want to be with them but are shy. The expat guys are usually busy chasing local girls but you do have expats hooking up with each other.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

There are women from Central/Northern Europe who prefer to stay in Japan long-term, married with a Japanese
I am suprised how many they are within the German speaking community in Japan.

However I do not know even one woman personally who is from USA or UK or any other English speaking area.
Those women, wherever they show up in Asia, are well-known to start immediately to feel 'discriminated' if ignored, are complaining about 'sexual harassment if NOT ignored, are complaining about Western male losers looking for Asian doormat-girls only, are claiming all women in Asia are oppressed, they are never satisfied and never look friendly and happy and finally most of them leave - back to USA or Australia etc.
Last edited by Yohan on September 24th, 2016, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

As for Anglosphere women going to Spain and such countries - they always do well, find dates - I am all for it to be honest. Why not?
Last edited by yick on June 23rd, 2021, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on November 1st, 2016, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

When I was in Cambodia ~12 years ago and hoes could be had for >$10, it was really funny to see how expat men would treat females like part of the furniture or like dirt. We called them FWC - fat white cows.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Sackler wrote:I hear many fempats or female expats often get a dose of their medicine when they go abroad. It depends on where they go, to be honest.

Places like Spain, Italy, Germany, they enjoy almost as much attention back home assuming they are from the US/UK.

But when in the Eastern world, they face harsh realities to how things really are. Not as much attention, increased sexual competition by local women, etc etc.

Choose wisely, ladies.
It also depends on their phenotype. If they're blonde Nordic girls and if they go to Italy or Spain, they wouldn't be hit on quite as much. In Southern European countries where many people are Mediterranean (olive skin, dark hair), local men are only chasing local women. Similarly in Mexico, a man or woman of Mediterranean descent is not going to date a blonde Nordic. Mostly indomestizos or full blown Amerindians would date Nordic people.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Matt, you're getting brainwashed/gas-lighted by tapioca. Now you even have the same language, WTF is going on?
Beware of that character, don't say we didn't warn you.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

---
Last edited by MattHanson1990 on August 16th, 2018, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I don't know anything about Mexico - but in Spain, Spanish women go for their own men in a big way. An Anglo-Saxon type who speaks little to no Spanish would get nowhere in Spain with a Spanish woman. Spain is interesting because Latin American men who are short and indigenous end up marrying white Spanish women - all my male cousins who live there have married Spanish women.
Last edited by yick on June 23rd, 2021, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HowNow
Freshman Poster

Post by HowNow »

White, western woman in Japan here. Much happier abroad.
I say go for it. However, if a woman, or man, can't adapt to the local culture or stand some harsh words regarding their race they won't make it abroad.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

yick wrote:How would Tapashito do ...
Pft. Haha. I laughed too hard at that.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I knew a couple of expat women who went from west to east. Both of their parents were ministers, and they were conservative girls. I think they lived chaste lives.

But they both worked in Indonesia in their 20's. They were both slim and either average or above average looking. I thought one of them had a pretty face based on my on preferences.

But they spent their 20's in Indonesia. I don't know if they dated much. One of them considered a relationship with an expat businessman, but did not go forward with it based on theological differences (which I thought was a silly reason). He was older than her, but otherwise seemed like a top-notch sort of husband in terms of character and what he'd done in life and career and all that kind of stuff.

One of them I see on Facebook and she appears to be unmarried still. I lost contact with the other. Their Indonesian friend, who was quite pretty, married an expat man, who also seemed to be a very decent kind of man and a good catch for her. She married probably in her mid-20's .

I don't know about either of the white girls dating much. One seemed a bit friendly with a Chinese man who'd been raised in the US who was average height for US, so taller than her, and the girls all seemed to think he was good-looking. Indonesians typically sound awkward when they speak English, and maybe that turns western girls off. It may come off as dorky. My American accent in Indonesian may be percieved by local girls as cute. I think French men can get away with having accent. Some English-speaking women find it appealing. So the accent thing may be a negative. Also, Indonesian men, especially on Java, tend to be smaller, and women usually want men who are bigger than they are.

I saw a young Indonesian man of about 18 whose eyes seemed to pop out when he saw a really pretty 16 or 17 year old white girl with blond hair. He went up to her and very formally introduced himself and shook her hand. She sat there feeling really awkward about the formality and did not show any interest. He felt shot down. The cross-cultural stuff can turn women off, and he may not have been her type anyway.

As a man, I don't care if a girl has an accent, does stuff that is a little culturally different, etc. Back when I was dating, if a girl was like that, which they are all from our perspective overseas, and she was good-looking, it was cute and endearing.
Russian1860
Freshman Poster

Post by Russian1860 »

I don't know much about single expat woman, but speaking about sex tourism, i can say, that European and ex USSR women prefer to go to Turkey for sex. Usually they are in late 30s, or 40+ and they prefer to stay in all-inclusive hotels in Antalya and Kemer, which are located on the Mediterranean coast of Turkey. Turks don't care whom to f**k, and that is something like Philippines or Thailand for males, who want to boost their self-esteem.