ATTENTION: The Forum will be upgraded today to phpbb 3.2 and may be down for a few hours. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Dealing with Diarrhea

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Re: Dealing with Diarrhea

Postby zboy1 » December 1st, 2016, 7:41 am

After my first year in China, my stomach turned into an iron stomach, lol. One thing I always avoid is eating food from food stalls. That's one way to avoid getting sick. Also, avoid eating at restaurants that aren't popular or filled with many people. That's a bad sign. Avoid eating anything that's not fully cooked, and try to eat in Western food chains as much as possible.

I still get nauseous from time to time, but when that happens I usually just vomit the food out, take some Pepto Bismal or Alka Seltzer and drink some Sprite or carbonated beverage. That usually does the trick.

The Diarrhea problem usually lasts for only a day or two, at most.

One thing you should always do is buy a bunch of drugs you won't be able to get overseas when you're back in a non-Third World country. I always stock up on supplies and bring it back home to China, after visiting the U.S. for a couple of weeks.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Dealing with Diarrhea

Postby MattHanson1990 » December 1st, 2016, 9:02 am

I had diarrhea every now and then when I was in Mexico, the first time happening in Guadalajara. Most nights I bought tacos from the street vendors and took them back to my hostel. On the first few or so days was when I had diarrhea. A woman I befriended in Ciudad Juarez months before told me that it was because the food in Guadalajara is more natural and organic than in Juarez. Eventually, I stopped having diarrhea the remainder of that trip.

But I even had occasional diarrhea when I was in Guanajuato as well. And one time I had the stomach flu, which was back in February. On Valentine's day, I had a strawberry agua fresca, and later my head started feeling woozy. At one point I forgot where I even was, until I turned my head right and started heading back to my home stay. On my way back I partially lost vision for a few seconds before regaining it. And as I got back I was vomiting in the bathroom. Story doesn't end there.

Next morning, I go to Oxxo (Mexican convenience store) and buy a 7 up to see if it could cure my stomach. When I was making my purchase I partially lost vision again for a few seconds, but regained it as I left the store and took a sip of my 7 up. I got back to the house to rest, threw up in the bathroom again, and then rested.

I still felt sick to my stomach as I went on a dinner date with that one gordita girl from Michoacan. Threw up in the restroom after we ate. But here's what really helped me recover. She bought me not only one but two pills from a pharmacy store that would help cure my stomach flu. Talk about a very sweet woman. This would not have happened in the U.S. of Gay. As I took my pills, sure enough I would feel better again.

Getting the stomach flu was one of two scary moments that happened to me my first time in Guanajuato, particularly when I partially lost my vision a few seconds.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions