Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Being an "Alpha"

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Re: Being an "Alpha"

Postby Rebel_man_UK » January 6th, 2017, 2:36 pm

The problem is women in our Western World are messed up. So game had to be invented and its now getting ridiculous. The Women in our Western World are the most pampered and degenerate "princesses" the world has ever known.
For me its a no-brainer. Happier Abroad :-)
Rebel_man_UK
Freshman Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Postby onethousandknives » January 6th, 2017, 11:35 pm

I think with the "alpha" thing, it's only in the West, and maybe Latino and black countries, that accepts an aggressive buffoon as good criteria and "confidence" for getting girls. I would say Winston's premise is right, that girls in other countries do in fact prefer "nice guys" so long as they are good looking (I don't think you can get away from this anywhere you go.) With my girlfriend, and her mother, one thing they remarked specifically was that my face looks "kind" which in US terms translates to "HAHA LOOKS LIKE A FAG" or some shit.

I guess as far as the differences going abroad as well, as far as being myself, I felt much more at ease in Asia, as the, for lack of a better term, toughguyism, and "I'm gonna kick your ass" vibe is a lot less there compared to USA. Guys in USA put up this laughable aggressive persona front, and when you come back from abroad, it actually looks really hilarious. But it's kinda funny, everyone here walking around with a scowl in the grocery store or Walmart, walking all toughguyish moving their shoulders back and forth, wearing T-shirts with skulls on them or some shit, only listening to aggressive rap or metal in their car. It's really funny. But it just reeks of total insecurity, and most of these guys are insecure as hell. But, the funny thing is, girls do eat the shit up here. Girls are stupid enough to fall for this fake toughguyism here and read into it as "confidence" when it's anything but.
onethousandknives
Freshman Poster

Postby Zambales » January 7th, 2017, 2:50 am

I think 'beta' guys need to focus on their own qualities and what turns-off women in general rather than try to be something which doesn't come naturally.

Desperation, negativity and insecurity are three undesirable traits I can think of off the top of my head, but most importantly, if you give off the impression that you're a loser, the chances of finding a quality woman are virtually zero.

Refrain from showing any of these plus demonstrate a degree of self-respect, and that you have goals in life and basically you're on the right track. Women like winners but you don't need to be an 'alpha' to accomplish this. The smart woman realizes this. The vacuous one's don't.

Of course, extrovert women are far more likely to be attracted to these alpha types so you really need to look for those who are similar to yourself because they will understand you better thus increasing the chances of success.
Zambales
Junior Poster

Postby Eric » January 8th, 2017, 1:25 pm

The alpha bullshit is just bullshit. It's acting - and women will always tell an act. What guys are most successful with women are guys who know their needs and are not afraid at getting them. These guys have developed game in many ways "nice" guys haven't - because so called nice guys, which is pretty much all western educated men imo, thought they could rise above it and escape the hassle and trouble and avoided all that ...just by being nice.

What a mistake I'm realizing I might have made, I'm of this "nice guy prototype" and have been my whole life. I'm handsome, attractive and fit and tall, I was wondering why I haven't been getting any girls ... at all. It's shameful my lack of skills and effort at trying, though. Most guys feel they don't have to try. Those are good at landing gf's...but just picking up and getting women is a different story.

You have to develop game and skills... it's quite easy once you wake up to the realization that's what you need. No laziness, no excuses. No effort, no trying - no sex.
That's the way of nature.

You can be a nice guy all you want, and plenty of women will just look at you and smile...and you'll get nothing else, but maybe a gf.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Postby Nailer » January 9th, 2017, 5:51 pm

The fact so many guys here are talking in terms of "nice guy" and "beta" is evidence they still buy into the idea. I'm saying there's no such thing as "nice guy", "beta", "alpha", or any of that bullshit. Get it out of your head.
Coming back to life.
Nailer
Freshman Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussions