Is this the most beautiful woman?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Is this the most beautiful woman?

Post by Kradmelder »

retiredfrank wrote:
droid wrote:But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
Good point about grooming. What about barbers, are they all gay? If not, how can they tell what constitutes a good versus bad haircut? Is every male artist and sculptor of male figures, plus male art critics, in the history of the world a faggot? If not, how can these men know what is male beauty? It's known that many male clothing designers are gay, but from the logic of MrMan, Kradmelder and Yohan, every man involved with men's clothing and grooming etc is gay, because normal men havent a clue as to what is good looking or not.

And yes, I'm obviously a faggot because I do think that guy is the article is better looking than average (though as I noted earlier, face is NOT that critica important to women over the age of 20 or so. For teen and especially pre-teen girls, the more a man/boy looks like a girl, the better, think young Justin Bieber).
I know what is good looking grooming for a man. An old school Landserschnitt, with sides shaved number 0 and top long and slicked back. Since it still offends jews to this day it must be good for white men :lol: Blow dried hair is getting close to the faggot barrier. Clothes with no faggot designer logo where you pay for the name. That would include things like Jeep, Nike etc. Chains, and jewellery are the height of faggotry. Things like pony tails are closer to the liberal barrier than the faggot barrier. Anything done at a hair salon by someone called Maurice or Andre instead of a men's barber, well you guessed it..... :lol:

Closets were not made for just clothes. they were made for faggots to stay in so that their perversions stay hidden. If they insist on flaunting their abomination, the bible has some good remedies for them. No it is not OK. No it is not acceptable. if you insist on doing it, the burden is on your soul. Dont parade it around so that children think it is as acceptable.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

retiredfrank wrote:
Adama wrote:It is these who are agitators, setting up distinctions, and causing divisions. Merely sensual creatures, carnal, worldly minded people, devoid of the Holy Spirit, and destitute of any higher spiritual life!
REPROBATES!
Mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ but their own belly, and by good words and fair speeches, deceive the hearts of the simple.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

retiredfrank wrote:
Cornfed wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:As for an 8 not being 80th percentile, yes, I'm familiar with that all-too-common stupidity. Those who want an 8 to mean something other than 80th percentile should define their mathematical formula. Of course, they don't have a formula and wouldn't understand such a formula if someone else presented one. Pure stupidity.
Might they not count a 10 as perfection with lower scores marking their degree of deviation from that ideal, which might or might not correspond with the actual distribution of female beauty in the world?
The above is a fine example of what I mean by pure stupidity. Cornfed is implying some sort of non-linear mapping of 0-10 to 0-100 percentile, but because he is mathematically ignorant, all this goes right over his head.
Suppose all females below an 8 were wiped out by some virus. By your standard we should therefore regard current 8s as 1s and monstrously ugly, since they would be the least attractive females living. This is silly and counter-intuitive.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Horse $hit it's Mr, Wu and what ever female a women gives birth too from his seed...... :wink:
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

retiredfrank wrote:My degree was mathematics (electronics minor), but that was long ago and I've forgotten almost everything other than the ability to think logically about numbers.
Well, then it is likely you don't know enough about psychology to diagnose someone as being sexually repressed or homosexual over the Internet for their not knowing if a man is attractive. Did you learn about these things from reading a bit about Freud in college and then watching some morning talk shows?
If you want to use a bell curve, fine, first specify what you mean by bell curve (there is a standard definition, but you should still specify it using the formula) then specify exactly how 0-10 maps to that curve and then get other people to agree to all that, good luck.
'Normal curve' and 'percentiles' would be enough to make the model I proposed work.
And then there's the issue that people don't agree completely on what constitutes beauty which makes all this precision pointless,
You could measure beauty based on an N of 1. That is, one person could have his own individual scale with 5.5's and 9.9's. Not that that would be useful. You could collect responses of numerous respondents on an individual picture and record mean scores for each photo viewed and see if responses about randomly chosen faces form a bell curve if the sample size is large enough.
though PEOPLE DO AGREE TO SOME EXTENT, which is why I'm calling bullshit on your insistence that you can't tell the difference between that good-looking guy in the article versus some monster with no nose, ears sticking out to the side 5 inches, etc.
I never said that. I said I can't tell if a guy is good-looking. If he is awful looking, I could probably tell that. Maybe not. But if a man has a recessed chin or an overbite, an assymetrical face, or is just rather ugly, I could tell that. I could tell if Quasimoto or that deformed guy from Goonies are bad looking. I can't differentiate between average and good-looking for men.

One of the things that does not make sense to me about the golden ratio theory of beauty that I posted on in another thread is that if the mind percieves beauty based on the golden ratio, when why can't I tell if men are good-looking. My mind would pick up on the golden ratio. But I percieve some women as good-looking. Why does it only work for women for me, but not for men. I was expecting some posters to say they couldn't tell if men were good-looking, either.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

MrMan wrote:'Normal curve' and 'percentiles' would be enough to make the model I proposed work.
No. You have no mathematical background, I can see that now. Same as you don't know beans about the tax code (I'm referring to that other thread where you talked out your ass about barter not being taxable). What's your advanced degree in and from what university?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote: Suppose all females below an 8 were wiped out by some virus. By your standard we should therefore regard current 8s as 1s and monstrously ugly, since they would be the least attractive females living. This is silly and counter-intuitive.
No, ones would just be attractive, and 5s would be knock outs. It would be like going to some place where all the women were very beautiful. That wouldn't make the least-attractive women ugly. Not for us. But if someone were raised in that environment, he just might find 8s repulsive. We don't know. Probably, within a generation or two, 1s, through 7s would begin to emerge again.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

droid wrote: But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
First of all, I have no reason to lie. I said I cannot tell if a man is good-looking. I can tell if a man's hair is messed up or if his clothes are sloppy. I can tell if a man has a busted face. I can tell that Luke Skywalker's face looked kind of messed up in the Empire Strike's Back. I can tell if a man has a strange face or is exceptionally bad-looking. But I can't tell the difference between normal or average and good-looking for men. I'd have to guess. If a man looks like an actor who is perceived as good-looking, I might guess he is good-looking.

Am I the only one like this? I am a little surprised no one else said they couldn't tell either. I remember when I was young hearing a man, a salesman for example, call another man good-looking. Men don't do such things, much. But it was weird to me. How does he tell if another man is good-looking? I know women comment on such things, and there are some mysterious factors that causes women to perceive men as good-looking.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That's like saying you can't tell whether a car or a vase is good looking. I can say one of those looks good and I would understand people buying them, without feeling sexual attraction for them. Perhaps like Krad suggested, when it comes to a chump you feel respect and perhaps wanting to emulate.

If I come here and start 'clarifying' that I can't tell whether a Ferrari is good looking/proportionate compared against a Nissan sentra, or even just on itself, people are going to question the nature of my discourse. Note the difference between having an opinion vs saying I can't produce an opinion.

"can tell that Luke Skywalker's face looked kind of messed up in the Empire Strike's Back. I can tell if a man has a strange face or is exceptionally bad-looking. But I can't tell the difference between normal or average and good-looking for men. I'd have to guess. If a man looks like an actor who is perceived as good-looking, I might guess he is good-looking."

You keep dancing about the thing, but won't admit it; You and yohan are just not being honest and saying "hey talking about a guy's looks is not masculine and proper, stay away from that, I'll stay away from that". That's why people started talking about this more than the article lol. I think frank went too far saying you were closeted, but people see something's off.

"Men don't do such things, much"

I think this proves my point of you just trying to 'from-the-side' so to speak, emphasize that conservative notion. Nothing wrong with that and not trying to push a liberal thing on you here though, I actually agree once a guy starts making dude-looks assessments repeatedly then his masculinity comes into question.

Please don't take offense, just carrying this out for the sake of discussion lol
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

droid wrote:You keep dancing about the thing, but won't admit it; You and yohan are just not being honest and saying "hey talking about a guy's looks is not masculine and proper, stay away from that, I'll stay away from that". That's why people started talking about this more than the article lol. I think frank went too far saying you were closeted, but people see something's off.

"Men don't do such things, much"

I think this proves my point of you just trying to 'from-the-side' so to speak, emphasize that conservative notion.
Exactly. He's got sexual hangup, terrified of being called a homo because he judges men's appearance. Probably isn't lying at this point, but rather has made himself stupid so he can't even think about the subject without his brain shutting down. He still hadn't answered the question about grooming and dress. For example, can he tell the difference between a good haircut on himself versus a bad one?

As for the map between normal distribution and linear 0-10 scale, the way to do this is by calling 5 the mean and then calling another number one standard deviation above the mean. But what number to pick? And all this assumes beauty is a normal distribution, which is debatable in several ways. First, beauty is not a number and we can't even agree on the ordering of people from ugly to beautiful in many cases. Second, there are many phenomena, like wealth and income distributions which are not normal but rather follow power laws. And why bother with this mapping? If you want to specify that someone is top 1% in beauty, just say that. I'm going to stop here because discussing mathematics with ignoramuses is a waste of time. If anyone is curious, the libraries of the world plus the internet are full of mathematics textbooks.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

retiredfrank wrote:
Exactly. He's got sexual hangup, terrified of being called a homo because he judges men's appearance. Probably isn't lying at this point, but rather has made himself stupid so he can't even think about the subject without his brain shutting down. He still hadn't answered the question about grooming and dress. For example, can he tell the difference between a good haircut on himself versus a bad one?
This is just plain nonsense. Stop minding another man's sexuality. It's none of your business.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

MrMan wrote:
droid wrote: But yeah it's disingenuous to pretend he can't distinguish between a dude with a busted face and some movie actor with clear skin and proportional features etc. How does one groom in the morning without some notion of this. I don't buy it.
First of all, I have no reason to lie. I said I cannot tell if a man is good-looking. I can tell if a man's hair is messed up or if his clothes are sloppy. I can tell if a man has a busted face. I can tell that Luke Skywalker's face looked kind of messed up in the Empire Strike's Back. I can tell if a man has a strange face or is exceptionally bad-looking. But I can't tell the difference between normal or average and good-looking for men. I'd have to guess. If a man looks like an actor who is perceived as good-looking, I might guess he is good-looking.

Am I the only one like this? I am a little surprised no one else said they couldn't tell either. I remember when I was young hearing a man, a salesman for example, call another man good-looking. Men don't do such things, much. But it was weird to me. How does he tell if another man is good-looking? I know women comment on such things, and there are some mysterious factors that causes women to perceive men as good-looking.
why do you feel the need to answer this type of question? Not only has the thread been de-railed, but now you are playing defense against a nonsense false accusation on the internet. You don't owe them answers.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Adama wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:
This is just plain nonsense. Stop minding another man's sexuality. It's none of your business.
Sounds like you're having a full-blown gay panic attack there, Adama.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

retiredfrank wrote:
Adama wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:
Sounds like you're having a full-blown gay panic attack there, Adama.
A fool's lips are the snare of his soul.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

retiredfrank,

Are you projecting? I don't feel attracted to males. Why would you think that every male must perceive certain other men as attractive? Why would you start from the premise that if a man says he does not think other men are attractive, that he must be hiding something? Is it so alien to your own experience that you can't accept the idea that there can be a man who does not find other men attractive.

I am a little surprised by this thread. I thought there would be other men who said the same thing. I guess I just lack an ability that other men have. It does surprise me that certain men find it so unrealistic that a man exists who doesn't think other men are attractive that they would accuse him of homosexuality? Maybe certain men find tha tidea threatening.

While we are at it, I don't get why there are characters in Hollywood movies who say stuff like, "Tell me you have never had a gay thought." I was talking with a friend of mine who was listing irritating things in Hollywood movies. He'd never seen a kid call his dad by his first name, but they keep doing that in Hollywood movies to show disrespect, and they say things that imply that all men have gay thoughts. I said, yeah, I never have gay thoughts either. What about you, retiredfrank, do you think there are men out there who just don't have gay thoughts?