No more healthcare in America, no thanks to Trump.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: No more healthcare in America, no thanks to Trump.

Post by gsjackson »

Man With a Plan wrote:Gsjackson doesn't know what he (or she) is talking about. Contrarian Expatriate on the other hand, does. THAT is how insurance works. When you understand how something works, you may criticise it. Yes, it forces otherwise healthy people who don't take insurance seriously to sign up for it, to subsidise those who are unhealthy and/or file false claims. Contrarian, I believe that are some states in your country that don't mandate auto insurance. New Hampshire should be one of them, if memory serves. That aside, other posters above me have pointed out that this right-wing triggering of "free stuff" is a bit of a strawman when, you know, defecit will rise as America and its gang continues their global aggressions. I tend to hold the belief that war is expensive. So expensive, that if the citizenry knew how much a war costs, they'd never want one again.

It's no secret that westerners fly to places like Thailand to get competent and effective medical care. Who can blame them? They can buy a round trip ticket, room and board, plus misc. expenses and the medical operation in question, and STILL have more in their pockets than staying stateside and getting an American doctor to patch them up. However, as I've said in other threads, the best we can do is adapt to this landscape. Because insurance is here to stay.
My point had nothing to do with how insurance works. It raised the obvious question of what insurance is doing in a health care system to begin with. You have providers of health care and you have people who need those services. Why does there need to be a profit-seeking private venture in between those two parties, one that drives up the overall costs of health care, in part by funding an enormous bureaucracy tasked with denying claims? And we all (or all Americans) know how distorted the pricing of health care services becomes due to attempts to game the insurance companies.

During the passage of Obamacare, Obama received a thunderous ovation from Congress by declaring that insurance companies provide a real service. He was freeing their paymasters from any serious scrutiny. But I have no earthly idea what that service is.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Other than outright plunder, the healthcare industry seems designed to rob white men and redistribute the wealth to females and dysgenics in the form of free healthcare. Ideally there should be a moratorium on treating everyone except white men, who should get everything for free.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Cornfed wrote:Other than outright plunder, the healthcare industry seems designed to rob white men and redistribute the wealth to females and dysgenics in the form of free healthcare. Ideally there should be a moratorium on treating everyone except white men, who should get everything for free.
The weak need to die!
Life is a bitch. Keeping the weak alive only hurts the species.
1. Old baby-boomers have to pay for themselves or perish!
2. All welfare recipients (Whites, Minorities, Women and Men) who cannot support themselves have to be culled!

NO!
White men should not get everything for free.
Unless you want White Men to become become dysgenics. Then yes Whites should have free healthcare.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Man With a Plan wrote:Gsjackson doesn't know what he (or she) is talking about. Contrarian Expatriate on the other hand, does. THAT is how insurance works. When you understand how something works, you may criticise it. Yes, it forces otherwise healthy people who don't take insurance seriously to sign up for it, to subsidise those who are unhealthy and/or file false claims. Contrarian, I believe that are some states in your country that don't mandate auto insurance. New Hampshire should be one of them, if memory serves. That aside, other posters above me have pointed out that this right-wing triggering of "free stuff" is a bit of a strawman when, you know, defecit will rise as America and its gang continues their global aggressions. I tend to hold the belief that war is expensive. So expensive, that if the citizenry knew how much a war costs, they'd never want one again.

It's no secret that westerners fly to places like Thailand to get competent and effective medical care. Who can blame them? They can buy a round trip ticket, room and board, plus misc. expenses and the medical operation in question, and STILL have more in their pockets than staying stateside and getting an American doctor to patch them up. However, as I've said in other threads, the best we can do is adapt to this landscape. Because insurance is here to stay.
We have non mandatory car insurance and medical aid, which is an insurance. Employers must ensure employees are on one, either by giving them the money, or making a scheme where the employer pays half
For professionals i dont have to be on one. I can choose to put the money away myself in an account. That would work for me for almost all things like writing off a vehicle or a basic op. I could pay cash. But the problem is 3rd party claims which could be millions. Or a huge op. i could choose to run that risk.

We have different medical aid funds to choose from so it is competitive. They vary in cost and limit of cover. The one i belong to is for registered degreed professionals only. So i dont have to subsidise sipho and his 10 pekkies, not the shyster indian doctor writing letters for sipho to get off work. That means i get more bang for my buck.

Some schemes have savings plans where you get money back for no claims. Others have hospital only while day to day comes out of your savings plan if you choose to have one.

If you have no coverage then you pay cash or take your chances in a darkie hospital
xtravel
Freshman Poster

Post by xtravel »

Falcon wrote:My mom died of cancer during Obama's last year.
Thank God for ObamaCare. My family did not have to pay anything other than a few hundred dollars here and there.
And she still died. How effective.