Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Alcohol Is An Over-The-Counter Social Anxiety Medication

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Alcohol Is An Over-The-Counter Social Anxiety Medication

Postby jamesbond » May 16th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Great video explaining why some people need to drink alcohol in order to socialize with other people.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out our Dating Sites and HA International Romance Tours!

Re: Alcohol Is An Over-The-Counter Social Anxiety Medication

Postby IraqVet2003 » May 19th, 2017, 2:09 am

Jamesbond another nice video!!! What that guy mentioned about alcohol consumption in this podcast is a great unspoken truth of American society!!! For me personally I never had the desire to drink any kind of alcoholic beverage. Although, I don't mind eating foods cooked in wine or beer such as beer battered halibut or hush puppies. This because the alcohol loses it's power when it is heated while cooking. Otherwise, I don't drink alcohol because other than the terrible smell, it can impair your judgement. After all it is a MIND-ALTERING DRUG in liquid form!!!I believe this is why many guys at places like frat houses on college campuses, night clubs, bars, parties, "Spring Break" events, etc. want hot, attractive women to drink in order to "loosen their inhibitions" in order to have sex with them.
Not to mention drinking alcohol for some guys helps them to approach and talk to women.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Postby Eric » May 21st, 2017, 5:37 am

He's right and there's nothing wrong with that, the truth is and it's a very interesting sociological experiment - what's happened in the last....Well let's say since the cultural revolution of the 60's, there's been this giant shift basically into destruction. If you really think about it - before that, society up to that point had thousands of years, eons of time of people in society and civilizations doing the best they could to raise families and find a niche in society wherein they could function at specialty at a high degree. The 60's.....of course - Totally reversed that. I mean 180. There wasn't even an adjustment period or anything for that. It just was instated.
Now, you have a society where the promiscuous, dregs, no talent, no class people are breeding like jackrabbits and just crowding and overpopulating the place; that's the truth of the matter. They've (engineers of the modern society) have created such a society nowadays where the useless, talentless animals reign supreme and wherein it really pays and it's rewarded to just "not be a broken in human being" at all. You just see animals walking around the streets and in bars now.
In fact, the more highly specialized you are, the more skills and talents you have - and thus social conditioning - the more "awkward" you'll tend on being socially. As before in society people didn't place such a HIGH status on sociability and social skills - now that that's all people tend to care about or do, that's changed. That's a theory that I have, at least come up with. If you look back even 60 years....people placed much higher value on skills and workmanship, ability to work hard, values and family man making. Now, it's the complete opposite.

Granted, and I'm being honest here. I have some really hard personality traits, rigidness, perfectionism to a certain degree. I can see sociologically where and why these traits came from and how they were advantageous, instead of seeing them as something that's "just in the way and a drag....mannnn". These traits served highly functional purposes and they still do.

If I need or others need some alcohol so that we can get on the level of animals - who are on that level all of the time, what of it?
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Postby Eric » May 21st, 2017, 5:37 am

He's right and there's nothing wrong with that, the truth is and it's a very interesting sociological experiment - what's happened in the last....Well let's say since the cultural revolution of the 60's, there's been this giant shift basically into destruction. If you really think about it - before that, society up to that point had thousands of years, eons of time of people in society and civilizations doing the best they could to raise families and find a niche in society wherein they could function at specialty at a high degree. The 60's.....of course - Totally reversed that. I mean 180. There wasn't even an adjustment period or anything for that. It just was instated.
Now, you have a society where the promiscuous, dregs, no talent, no class people are breeding like jackrabbits and just crowding and overpopulating the place; that's the truth of the matter. They've (engineers of the modern society) have created such a society nowadays where the useless, talentless animals reign supreme and wherein it really pays and it's rewarded to just "not be a broken in human being" at all. You just see human animals walking around the streets and in bars now, who aspire to be nothing more than that.
In fact, the more highly specialized you are, the more skills and talents you have - and thus social conditioning - the more "awkward" you'll tend on being socially. As before in society people didn't place such a HIGH status on sociability and social skills - now that that's all people tend to care about or do, that's changed. That's a theory that I have, at least come up with. If you look back even 60 years....people placed much higher value on skills and workmanship, ability to work hard, values and family making. They basically worked hard at being the best human beings that they could, that was the norm. Now, it's the complete opposite.
As crazy as that sounds, it's the truth. And it's probably why so many are confused nowadays and struggling with self-esteem issues and to adjust.
It's f***ed up, and I wouldn't adjust to it, personally. If you are smart.

Granted, and I'm being honest here. I have some really hard personality traits, rigidness, perfectionism to a degree. I can see sociologically where and why these traits came from and how they were advantageous, instead of me just seeing them as something that's "just in the way and a drag....mannnn". These traits served highly functional purposes and they still do. My whole life growing up I couldn't understand the confusion of that all, how schools and media was purposely trying to dumb us down to animal levels - punishing smarts and rewarding buffoonery. It seemed oppressive and tyrannical.
The truth is, the smarter the person and the more highly specialized they are, the more they are going to need alcohol or something to come down.

If I need or others need some alcohol so that we can get on the level of animals, just so we have some fun for one night, what of it?

one more thing.
f**k THE NWO. And f**k all of their shit they're doing to derail and destroy society today.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Return to General Discussions