Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Achilles Heels

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Eric
Experienced Poster

Achilles Heels

Post by Eric » June 16th, 2017, 7:58 pm

What are your Achilles heels? You know, that thing that you have that comes out of nowhere despite all the powerful, amazing things you've done or accomplished; that one small thing that undoes everything somehow. It's like a bane of your existence. For me it's perfectionism - which I'm working on now. So weird because I'd achieved a lot, was capable but, there comes a point where ....as a bell curve - you just crash.

I think having a family of my own will be very therapeutic for being able to work through my own issues - being a good dad; raising good kids with love and being there for them; that really is the best thing in the world - being selfless and raising kids. It's just a natural thing I feel.

What are yours?
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.

MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster

Re: Achilles Heels

Post by MarcosZeitola » June 17th, 2017, 12:28 am

My family is my Achilles Heel. My love for my wife and children. Anything that could potentially threaten their safety, happiness or well-being could easily take me down. I have, over the years, come to realize that nothing else really matters in the grand scheme of things. It does, on the short term. But in the long run, it's nothing. Family is everything. We are more then just ourselves.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Achilles Heels

Post by Cornfed » June 17th, 2017, 2:19 am

MarcosZeitola wrote:My family is my Achilles Heel. My love for my wife and children.
A good argument for not having kids in the West until after the ZOG is deposed.