Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.


Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


The baby is a boy! Now some questions

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Postby Enishi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm

Winston, I agree with everyone else here. Seriously, get the test. You cant take any chances with this sort of thing.
Enishi
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:24 pm







GET THE TEST!

Postby Elliot72 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:44 pm

Winston. It seems the decision is unanimous! Get a test! Even if you have to do this test behind your girl's back, get the test so you can either know for sure you are the father, or so you can know for sure to dispute paternity if and when any legal proceedings arise.

I don't know why you are asking your list for advice on this simple cut and dried matter. But if all of them come and post here, i guarantee you it will ba a unanimous decision.

The only dissenters will be whores and sluts (or at least female), and will use emotional reasons rather than logical ones to dissuade you from getting the test.

If your girl doesn't understand this, you must explain that trust is EARNED!

Winston, you inspired me to make plans and organize my life in readiness to travel abroad specifically for meeting and dating women. But I will never forget what I've learned here in America while I'm out travelling. America is truly the best place for any man to get hard real life lessons in the manipulations of women.

You should be wise and remember the lessons American women taught you and/or your friends, AND GET THE DAMNED TEST!!!!

I'd hate to see your site turn into one of bitterness as the child support and the nagging bitch (which she will become if she doesn't get her way, now that she has her claws into you) drain away all that which made your life so very worth living not too long ago..

Hey, I don't know if it is offered or not. But it seems to me, the layman of average intelligence, that you can get paternity testing on amniotic fluid. Certainly they took a little when they did the ultrasound. It's prudent to have this fluid checked for evidence of genetic disorders, which is why they take it in the first place.

I'm rambling. BUT GET THE DAMN TEST!!! Don't be a dumbass!

Pardon my French.
Elliot72
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:00 am

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 am

From my friend Jeff:

> This is stupid. She's your girl, you know her,
> she's
> only been with you. This will just cause problems
> between you two, that are unecessary. People get
> these
> tests if there are questions or problems, not just
> for
> the hell of it. Winston if the baby looks like you
> and Diane, it's yours. If the baby is black or
> looks
> like ME, then get a paternity test!!!!
>
> Winston you can post my response to you your site,
> because I still have not registered.
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 am

Elliott you aren't making any sense. The decision is not unanimous. Half the people I asked on my list said the test was not necessary and a bad idea as well as overkill.

Even my cultural consultant, the wisest guy of them all, said it was unnecessary.

Most normal couples, even in the US, don't get paternity tests, so why should I? Can you answer that one?

Besides, how can you get the test secretly? And before signing the birth certificate? They will let you delay signing the birth certificate?
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby sharpbws » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Most normal couples, even in the US, don't get paternity tests, so why should I? Can you answer that one?


Because your girlfriend worked as a bar fine bar girl in Subic Bay when you met her?
:-)
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:55 am

You don't have to sign anything. You have a right to decline on any declarations of paternity until it is adjudicated by a court of law, and you have the right to genetic testing.

By the way, Winston, as a paralegal for the family court, I find it hella funny that you actually believe that most couples do not get paternity testing done. The reality is that there is such a high demand for paternity testing that paralegals and clerks are trained to do the swab for the test, because there aren't enough phlebotomists to meet the demands! This is true in many other countries as well. Virtually every single woman that opens a welfare case with a child ends up in court with dad demanding a paternity test so that he doesn't have to pay the welfare arrears! LOL!!!
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Good news all.

Dianne has openly agreed to getting a paternity test IF I really want one. I brought it up not cause I wanted one, but because some people on my list were suggesting it. I just brought it up for laughs.

But she is open and willing if I choose.

That is obviously a good sign cause if she had something to hide, she wouldn't be so willing.

Again, people do not usually get a paternity test just to make sure. There has to be reasonable doubt.

Kristine, did you get a paternity test on your kids?
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:34 pm

sharpbws wrote:
Most normal couples, even in the US, don't get paternity tests, so why should I? Can you answer that one?


Because your girlfriend worked as a bar fine bar girl in Subic Bay when you met her?


W: No. Brad, you are getting me mixed up with someone else. My girlfriend Dianne never worked as a bar girl in Subic Bay. She worked for a few days as a waitress and stage model in a Japanese style higher roller club called Juliana's, AFTER we began dating. Then she quit a few days later.

I went to Juliana's with some friends, and the girls there are not honky tonk, but very proper, which is the way Japanese hostesses are. They don't flatter you or come on to you like standard bar girls do.
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby KristineTheStrawberryGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:21 am

WWu777 wrote:Good news all.
Kristine, did you get a paternity test on your kids?


No, but if for some reason my husband wanted one done, then I would not have any call for concern, because I KNOW he is the father. As I have told you already, we were MARRIED before my son was conceived. It is a different situation. Unmarried couples often get genetic testing because they are about to face an extreme lifestyle change, and do not want to do that unless they know for sure. Married couples often already are settled in, and the lifestyle change isn't as dramatic. I believe that this baby is definitely yours, and I'd be surprised to find out otherwise. I just think you should know for certain, as your life is about to change in a way that you can't even imagine.
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
KristineTheStrawberryGirl
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:32 am
Location: Nor-Cal

Postby Winston » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am

KristineTheStrawberryGirl wrote:You don't have to sign anything. You have a right to decline on any declarations of paternity until it is adjudicated by a court of law, and you have the right to genetic testing.

By the way, Winston, as a paralegal for the family court, I find it hella funny that you actually believe that most couples do not get paternity testing done. The reality is that there is such a high demand for paternity testing that paralegals and clerks are trained to do the swab for the test, because there aren't enough phlebotomists to meet the demands! This is true in many other countries as well. Virtually every single woman that opens a welfare case with a child ends up in court with dad demanding a paternity test so that he doesn't have to pay the welfare arrears! LOL!!!


W: Kristine, it's not clear what you are saying. Are you arguing that the MAJORITY of couples do get a paternity test? If so, can you cite the statistics or evidence for that? It is my understanding that most couples don't. Just because you know many people trying to get a paternity test does not mean that the majority of the population gets it.

I'm sure that most US couples, if they really wanted it, could afford the $300 to $400 for a paternity test.
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

The baby shares my thumb abnormality

Postby Winston » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 am

Hi all,
Just to let you know, our newborn baby shares the same thumb abnormality that I have. When he bends his thumb, the top part of it bends outward, just like mine does. I've had that quirk in my thumbs my whole life. Now he does too.

I guess no DNA testing is necessary then? :)

But seriously, look at him. He looks like me when I was a baby. Look at his pictures and tell me that that's not my baby!

http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_Di ... ivate2.htm
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby Winston » Sun May 11, 2008 6:48 am

To those of you who said I should get a DNA test for the peace of mind of knowing that I'm not supporting someone else's baby, here's a shocking presentation that should make you change your mind:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Angelo_Winston.htm

This presentation definitely gives me the peace of mind that I'm not supporting someone else's baby, as you folks claimed that I needed (You know who you are, Kristine, Brad, Enishi, etc.)

What do you say now?

The only question now, is whether the US or Taiwanese Embassy will accept this presentation (which will be printed out) as proof so that they will not require a DNA test, which would cost $1500 at the only hospital in Manila that they will accept.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

Postby sharpbws » Mon May 12, 2008 6:05 pm

WWu777 wrote: The only question now, is whether the US or Taiwanese Embassy will accept this presentation (which will be printed out) as proof so that they will not require a DNA test, which would cost $1500 at the only hospital in Manila that they will accept. Keep your fingers crossed.


Winston:

I think you are acting like an idiot. You have a birth certificate. You put your name on that certificate as the father didn't you? That's all the proof they'll need. You've accepted Angelo as your child. So will they. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. They're not going to ask for any more proof than the birth certificate. Don't you understand that if you go to all this unnecessary documentation you'll only make it look like you're trying to get something by them?

For Christ sake, for once in your life, don't act like an ass. Just submit the copy of the birth certificate with you listed as father and behave like 100% of us normal people would act under this situation.

Jeeze
Last edited by sharpbws on Mon May 12, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:-)
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Postby sharpbws » Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

BTW, who is the girl in your avatar? She is stunningly beautiful. Phillipina I assume?
:-)
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Postby Winston » Fri May 16, 2008 3:41 am

sharpbws wrote:
WWu777 wrote: The only question now, is whether the US or Taiwanese Embassy will accept this presentation (which will be printed out) as proof so that they will not require a DNA test, which would cost $1500 at the only hospital in Manila that they will accept. Keep your fingers crossed.


Winston:

I think you are acting like an idiot. You have a birth certificate. You put your name on that certificate as the father didn't you? That's all the proof they'll need. You've accepted Angelo as your child. So will they. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. They're not going to ask for any more proof than the birth certificate. Don't you understand that if you go to all this unnecessary documentation you'll only make it look like you're trying to get something by them?

For Christ sake, for once in your life, don't act like an ass. Just submit the copy of the birth certificate with you listed as father and behave like 100% of us normal people would act under this situation.

Jeeze


W: Because other expats, as well as the website of the US Embassy in the Philippines, said that depending on the circumstances, a DNA test may be required. Thus it leaves it an open question subject to a judgment call.

Do you see what I mean?

Here is an excerpt from the Embassy website under the American citizen services:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwhlegt.html

"Legitimation Requirements

Persons born out of wedlock to U.S. citizen father and not legitimated by the natural parents' subsequent marriage can be legitimated under the Immigration and Nationality Act by one of the two methods indicated below, provided: (1) a blood relationship between the person and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence, (2) the father was a United States citizen at the time of the person's birth."


So you see, my presentation is meant to constitute "clear and convincing evidence".

Brad, you are a very knowledgeable person, but how would you know about this subject of legitimizing a birth abroad Brad, since you've never had a baby?
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
 
Posts: 23602
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:16 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: publicduende, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests