Happier Abroad - start making plans!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Happier Abroad - start making plans!

Post by yick »

Our countries (assuming you come from 'the west' or 'the first world') are going to see the biggest recession in history. Many people are about to lose their jobs - I remember many of these people coming to South Korea to teach
which I don't think will be open to them now, nor China - who's borders are still closed off.

Many hard working and qualified people will be fighting for the scraps once this is over - many people in my country will be losing their livliehoods and they have mortgages and pensions, they're living their life on a tightrope.

So if you're one of those people with a job and a mortgage or you have a dog to look after, what's keeping you from making the move abroad if that's what you want? It's going to get real desperate for a lot of people in these next few years, why be one of them?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Happier Abroad - start making plans!

Post by Cornfed »

But move where exactly. It is almost bug out bag time in the West, but I don't know where a safe place will be.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 8:32 pm
But move where exactly. It is almost bug out bag time in the West, but I don't know where a safe place will be.
Just stay where you are dumbass. You wouldn't be able to afford to move anywhere else, let alone survive there!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Just stay where you are dumbass. You wouldn't be able to afford to move anywhere else, let alone survive there!
Shush, the grown-ups are talking.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Cornfed wrote:
Latin America - there's a place for you there for sure.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 8:37 pm
Cornfed wrote:
A lot of folks will just stay there and suffer in the passive way most people do. They will stay right where they are as they lose their job, their house, probably their family - some will take their lives or do it the slow way through drink, drugs or some other self-infliction.

The first world was a safety blanket but hasn't been one since the late 1960's - the 'boom-and-bust' are becoming more and more frequent and people are angry because the leadership (apart from Cornfed's country funnily enough...) have failed the vast majority of people. People are angry but a lot of those people are going to be angry, jobless and poor - none of it their fault - it is the fault of the government (especially so with the British government...) this is the best time to make that move but most won't.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 9:33 pm
The first world was a safety blanket but hasn't been one since the late 1960's - the 'boom-and-bust' are becoming more and more frequent and people are angry because the leadership (apart from Cornfed's country funnily enough...) have failed the vast majority of people.
No, the evil regime here has failed/betrayed the majority of the people as badly as anywhere else.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

yick wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 9:30 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Latin America - there's a place for you there for sure.
Will that necessarily be the case in the future though? When the West collapses, won't Latin America become even more of a hellhole than much of it already is and Westerners be seen as a target?
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 9:52 pm
won't Latin America become even more of a hellhole than much of it already is and Westerners be seen as a target?
Then it would probably be a good idea to be around White Latin Americans or in an enclave of armed western expats. Whites who live in countries where they are minorities like in South Africa are usually less libtarded and more pragmatic about people who wish to take what they have than whites who live in the west.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

In South Africa they sleep with a gun in their hand :lol:

Comment from the video:
You've secured a way out of SA? Lekker man! While I'm sure you'll miss the lovely weather and beautiful African countryside. I'm sure none of that is worth having to live caged up like we do in SA... I left SA in 2003. But have kept coming back (being naive) trying to live in SA again thinking it would get better. Yet same year as you in 2015. I was robbed at gun point by 4 blokes in my office. All my colleagues rounded up in the sales section and tied up and forced to the ground at gun point face down on the floor as the bastards went through our pockets for jewelry and wallets. Took our laptops, portable HDD's and cellphones and R60,000 in cash. All of this in broad daylight on a main street. My female colleagues asked whether they were going to be raped. Though luckily the bastards didn't have the time to do so and I don't think they were the type as they replied and said "no we don't rape" which was the only comforting thing they said.

South Africa has become pathetic... Really, really sad.

PS: I left originally in 2003 as a young teenager due to 12 attempted home invasions in 2003 in the span of 3 months. We had 6 dogs in the house specifically adopted for safety reasons. Yet the okes still tried to get in. We were living in a rural suburb in Roodepoort. They did not manage to get in but they did break into my father's car repeatedly stealing the radio and toolbox that he kept inside to take to work.

They got into our laundry room which was attached on the outside of the house. They stole a bunch of clothes yet left a whole bunch lying around leaving a trail of clothes behind them as they left the property. One of the last robberies they got into our stables where we had 19 horses (lived on a plot which had enough space for stables and an enclosure to ride horses). They slit the throats of the two goats we had.

Spraying their blood all over the stable walls and dragged them out down to the main gate and over it leaving tufts of fur on the spikes. We had no electric fencing and resorted to fortifying the house as much as possible with dogs and barred windows and doors. No beams or other fancy stuff it was out of the question for us...
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Will that necessarily be the case in the future though? When the West collapses, won't Latin America become even more of a hellhole than much of it already is and Westerners be seen as a target?
@Cornfed so you live in New Zealand which, from what I read, has been chosen by countless billionaires as their safe heaven from upcoming social chaos.

Is NZ a safe heaven because said billionaires have built sprawling underground estates, with all mod cons, near private airfield, or it is a safe heaven in general?

If shit hits the fan, would normal NZ citizens be just as safe, or just the elite who decide to relocate there?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

hypermak wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:44 pm
@Cornfed so you live in New Zealand which, from what I read, has been chosen by countless billionaires as their safe heaven from upcoming social chaos.

Is NZ a safe heaven because said billionaires have built sprawling underground estates, with all mod cons, near private airfield, or it is a safe heaven in general?
There are apparently several beyond 5 star hotels here that you can only reach by helicopter, so that suggests that at least the place will not be nuked. There are also places that rich people have relocated to, but I don't know what that means for the rest of us. I'm pretty sure that a lot of places will not be a safe haven when people are starving.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

A record number of Americans over the past several years have renounced their American citizenship. This comes as no surprise as we look at the economic and social climate of the USA.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Latin America - and Peru, Colombia and I think Chile - are in the top ten nations of having vast reserves of natural water. I don't know about New Zealand but I would say if any crisis is about to hit the planet then Latin America is as good as place as any. Our countries aren't coming back as the ordinary person gets screwed down and as it is a continent - you can find parts of it that are overwhelmingly European. Also, it is pretty easy to get citizenship once you establish residency (not so easy...) saying that, NZ is a reasonable place to get away from the calamity.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

Cornfed wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 11:56 pm
There are apparently several beyond 5 star hotels here that you can only reach by helicopter, so that suggests that at least the place will not be nuked. There are also places that rich people have relocated to, but I don't know what that means for the rest of us. I'm pretty sure that a lot of places will not be a safe haven when people are starving.
I see. I see NZ is a country rich in agricultural and pasture products, with a relatively tiny population. As @yick says, it might fare well above average in the list of countries worst affected by a social collapse.