Why do so many women have mental health issues?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Why do so many women have mental health issues?

Post by statnerd »

So many of the women that I've known have claimed to have anxiety and depression and see psychiatrists to give them medication for these "disorders." Seriously, aren't anxiety and depression normal human emotions? Everyone gets anxious or down at times. It seems like women in particular have mental issues and like to take medications to make them feel happy. I even heard a female family member call them "happy pills." LOL

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why do so many women have mental health issues?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I take you are describing American women or Western women. If that is the case, yes, you’re right. There is a combination of factors at play here:

-Fractured family structure.

-Lack of stigma and restraint in promiscuity.

-Lack of life mission in favor of consumption and hedonistic pursuits.

-Feminist gaslighting (Do what the men do, eschew traditional roles and be a career woman).

-Delaying marriage past their peak years of attractiveness thereby not obtaining the men they want.

-Being proud of not being able to cook well as a sign that they are beyond such menial, life trifles.

-Satisfying their maternal instinct with dogs and cats instead of actual children.

But before we gloat about women being wholesale sick in the head, a huge proportion of young, Western men are also. Some of the reasons are the same, but some are different. I think younger men are culturally encouraged to be feminine in terms of their emotive reactions to life, their speech, and their worldviews. We see grown men being catty, snarky, and passively competitive the ways women gah ave been traditionally. They have been sold a bunch of gaslit lies also and the result is the pack of whiny, complaining, miserable, manlets we see today. They absolutely hate their lives even if they never admit it.

The solution for both men and women is to leave the West. Most Western women who pick up and experience the world seem more balanced and pleased with life than the typical Western banshee. Men who have been able to harness the world as their modern-day neighborhood to reap riches, women, and novel experiences are the happiest. Those who languish in the realm of gynocentric orthodoxy are the ones to be very worried about.

The lesson is to watch and observe women(and men). Their appearance and behavior tells you everything you need to know about their sanity.
EricaR
Freshman Poster

Post by EricaR »

"Men" is the key reason for Women's mental health issues..I don't know about western countries.But in Eastern countries, most of times, "man" has become the key reason for women's mental health problem. Because, most of men put heavy work load and responsibility on women and free himself without assisting her. cultural issues, social facts, lack of mutual understanding, lack of money, lack of knowledge and so many things causes this condition.most of married woman face this pathetic situation.. earning money, take care of children, family responsibility drive her crazy..
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

EricaR wrote:
September 7th, 2020, 2:02 am
"Men" is the key reason for Women's mental health issues..I don't know about western countries.But in Eastern countries, most of times, "man" has become the key reason for women's mental health problem. Because, most of men put heavy work load and responsibility on women and free himself without assisting her. cultural issues, social facts, lack of mutual understanding, lack of money, lack of knowledge and so many things causes this condition.most of married woman face this pathetic situation.. earning money, take care of children, family responsibility drive her crazy..
Nobody should call me a S.I.M.P for this upcoming response. Here we go:
there is some truth in what you say: "men" listened to the Susan B. Anthony's and Gloria Steinem's of the Western world and let women have their way, like the untethered unfettered spoiled children that most of you women are. "Men" started Feminism...."Men" started social justice...hell even some of those "men" started SOCIAL MEDIA and look where life is now. The Noah's Ark reset is imminent albeit latently delayed. It needs to cometh forth because now there's OnlyFans created by mangina simp Biritish developers so much so that now 7s, 8s, 9s, and 10s don't need to be seen in public to even have a conversation and they get paid by simp enablers in their virtual VIP rooms. Must be niiiiiiiiiiiiice ask R&B singer Lyfe Jennings.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

EricaR wrote:
Typical feminazi response...

Women are responsible for their own mental health. Blaming men for all of women's problems is childish and it keeps women from having the agency expected of a healthy adult.

I'm sure you would be calling for the police if someone blamed "WOMEN" for men's mental health problems in a similar manner.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

EricaR wrote:
Thanks for your comment, but please listen also to the other side, not everybody here in this forum shares your opinion.

The key reason fuer women's mental health issues is by my opinion 'rampant feminism' which is causing many women to overrate themselves considerably.

Every girl considers herself already as a 'model' and has 3 or 8 boyfriends at the same time, starting with contraceptives as young as 13.

They accept only 'special men' - men who are rich, men who offers an exciting way of life - even if those men are violent thugs....also braggarts are welcome to introduce their girls into party-life with drugs and alcohol...of course best if a guy shows up with an expensive car (if it is paid is another question) and offers great sex.

A remarkably huge number of Western women think they are something 'better', are highly materialistic orientated, only into a short-time relationship and are bitterly surprised when they find out there is something wrong with their 'great boyfriend', but women should really change their criteria how they choose 'men'. Women should not only decide about 'men' on their surface, they should look deeper, should be more patient and less demanding.

----------

Many ordinary men of any age are lonely, like to meet a nice girlfriend and would never harm a woman - but they are rejected as 'boring'.
I was one of these men over many years. I never made it up to a girlfriend even for 30 minutes in my own country in Europe.

I know what I am speaking about - I was never jobless, had always my own accommodation (owner, not rent), have no criminal record - so what to do? Either stay single and lonely - or move on to abroad, looking for a foreign wife...

I decided to travel, using foreign languages for my daily conversation, meeting women of different race and religion ...

What was not possible in Europe with Western women for years, was possible in Asia, and it was not even so difficult. Up to today, I am together with the same wife since 43 years, have 2 daughters (now adults), 2 granddaughters and 1 foster daughter (also now an adult).

Sorry, but if I read your comment, I can only advice you do not keep only 'men' responsible for this misery of a totally broken dating scene, single mothers, respectless pregnant minor-age daughters, girlfriends beaten up by their boyfriends...

It is up to women, their choice, if they accept or reject such bad men...

I am surely not protective to bad men mistreating women and nobody in this forum will deny that such bad men do exist.

Might be that after their wrong choice some women find themselves with mental health issues, but my compassion to them is rather limited.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 12:44 am
EricaR wrote:

Women are responsible for their own mental health. Blaming men for all of women's problems is childish and it keeps women from having the agency expected of a healthy adult.

I'm sure you would be calling for the police if someone blamed "WOMEN" for men's mental health problems in a similar manner.
Reverse the gender of this comment by EricaR?
"Women" is the key reason for men's mental health issues. I don't know about Eastern countries. But in Western countries, most of times, "women" has become the key reason for men's mental health problem. Because, most women put heavy work load and responsibility on men and free themselves without assisting him. Cultural issues, social facts, lack of mutual understanding, lack of money, lack of knowledge and so many things causes this condition. Most of married men face this pathetic situation.. earning money, take care of children, family responsibility drive him crazy..
Does this sound about right for you CE?

-------------------------------

It is however interesting, that EricaR is mentioning 'Western countries' and 'Eastern countries' - maybe she can explain a little bit more about that?

Which countries are 'Western' and which countries are 'Eastern' for her and why?

She obviously thinks in 'Eastern countries' women are poorly treated by men?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Yohan wrote:
September 8th, 2020, 7:49 am
September 8th, 2020, 12:44 am
EricaR wrote:

Reverse the gender of this comment by EricaR?
"Women" is the key reason for men's mental health issues. I don't know about Eastern countries. But in Western countries, most of times, "women" has become the key reason for men's mental health problem. Because, most women put heavy work load and responsibility on men and free themselves without assisting him. Cultural issues, social facts, lack of mutual understanding, lack of money, lack of knowledge and so many things causes this condition. Most of married men face this pathetic situation.. earning money, take care of children, family responsibility drive him crazy..
Does this sound about right for you CE?

-------------------------------

It is however interesting, that EricaR is mentioning 'Western countries' and 'Eastern countries' - maybe she can explain a little bit more about that?

Which countries are 'Western' and which countries are 'Eastern' for her and why?

She obviously thinks in 'Eastern countries' women are poorly treated by men?
Exactly. It just goes to show that Feminism is mental illness in and of itself.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

It is pretty simple.

Humans evolved to live in small societies of a few hundred people, where you knew everyone, your job was simple, your troubles limited to obtaining food and water and mastering the skills that would make you useful to your tribe. Today, our stressors are near infinite and our roles are unclear. There is no more mastering the skill your father and the twenty generations before him mastered to live a comfortable life for men, nor is there cooking, crafting, and raising children to live a comfortable life for women. We learn more information in months and have more stressors on a day-to-day basis thanks to an exponential march of technology and capitalism, while our brains remain in relatively the same state they were in when we were crafting arrows and hunting mastodon. We are probably reaching the limits of what our minds can bear, and this has led to psychological dysfunction on a grand scale. Women are just more likely to seek help.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

HouseMD wrote:
September 9th, 2020, 6:35 pm
It is pretty simple.

Humans evolved to live in small societies of a few hundred people, where you knew everyone, your job was simple, your troubles limited to obtaining food and water and mastering the skills that would make you useful to your tribe. Today, our stressors are near infinite and our roles are unclear. There is no more mastering the skill your father and the twenty generations before him mastered to live a comfortable life for men, nor is there cooking, crafting, and raising children to live a comfortable life for women. We learn more information in months and have more stressors on a day-to-day basis thanks to an exponential march of technology and capitalism, while our brains remain in relatively the same state they were in when we were crafting arrows and hunting mastodon. We are probably reaching the limits of what our minds can bear, and this has led to psychological dysfunction on a grand scale. Women are just more likely to seek help.
Poor adaptation to an increasingly complex world is one thing, but I suspect the bewildering choices people have now in terms of everything makes them frenetic about everything.

One thing about Europe is the supermarkets often carry one brand of most items. If I need peanut butter, I have one choice and that is what I buy. In America, I have 25% of an isle of peanut butter choices. From organic, to crunchy, to sodium free, to grape jelly infused, to family size, to squeeze bottles, to packets, etc all make Americans lives far more complicated than otherwise necessary.

Of course, peanut butter is just a metaphor because these bewildering choices extend to love, recreation, study, personal services, and almost all areas of life. This makes people into an addle brained mess, especially females.

Ever since feminism taught women to seek to have it all, they have been suffering the consequences. Young women now leave university with $200,000 of debt for a social work degree, then complain because their lives are threadbare. When they reach 35, they have financial breathing room, but they are too old to enjoy life the way they wanted now. So they marry some halfwit dupe and stay satiated with shopping, eating, and imbibing alcohol.

There really is no mystery why Americans, especially women, are disproportionately mentally ill!

My saving grace was staying unmarried and childless. Had I had the demands of family in addition to a super demanding profession, I might be waddling around somewhere on meds myself.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

September 9th, 2020, 6:58 pm
HouseMD wrote:
It is pretty simple.

Poor adaptation to an increasingly complex world is one thing, but I suspect the bewildering choices people have now in terms of everything makes them frenetic about everything.

One thing about Europe is the supermarkets often carry one brand of most items. If I need peanut butter, I have one choice and that is what I buy. In America, I have 25% of an isle of peanut butter choices. From organic, to crunchy, to sodium free, to grape jelly infused, to family size, to squeeze bottles, to packets, etc all make Americans lives far more complicated than otherwise necessary.

Of course, peanut butter is just a metaphor because these bewildering choices extend to love, recreation, study, personal services, and almost all areas of life. This makes people into an addle brained mess, especially females.

Ever since feminism taught women to seek to have it all, they have been suffering the consequences. Young women now leave university with $200,000 of debt for a social work degree, then complain because their lives are threadbare. When they reach 35, they have financial breathing room, but they are too old to enjoy life the way they wanted now. So they marry some halfwit dupe and stay satiated with shopping, eating, and imbibing alcohol.

There really is no mystery why Americans, especially women, are disproportionately mentally ill!

My saving grace was staying unmarried and childless. Had I had the demands of family in addition to a super demanding profession, I might be waddling around somewhere on meds myself.
I didn't delve into this, but yes, it is all part of the same issue. Choice paralysis is a major factor that is brought about by increased societal complexity. It applies to everything from where to live to what to eat to who to love. Fighting over the best young guy out of 20 in a village is a whole different game than finding the best guy out of millions on Tinder.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

HouseMD wrote:
It is pretty simple.

There is no doubt that life is complicated for both women and men. No point singling out one gender as "the bearers" of mental illness when, as you say, reasons to feel stressed, anxious, frustrated, inadequate abound for both. Perhaps women and men react to those agents in different ways.

This is one reason why some of us cherish the simpler existence given by a emerging economy that is still managing to cling on some traditional family and gender role values. I live in the Philippines and, however life in Manila is quintessentially metropolitan, I could clearly see people wanting to work the necessary and then have fun with their family and friends (and lovers hehe). I could imagine the same applies to certain Latin American cultures.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

HouseMD wrote:
It is pretty simple.

Captalism what is that ? These A holes did the 1965 immigration act loading people in the boat and then started drilling holes in the bottom by off shoring our ablity to take care of ourselves in our local environment here in America and on purpose to bring in world wide communism under the banner of capitalism.

You should be OK being a doctor who drives a Mopar and is equipped for the ladies... :wink: , by the way remember what you said about what you are going to be putting on your head stone when buried. It will be my best remembrance by far... :lol:
Time to Hide!
WilliamHarrell1
Freshman Poster

Post by WilliamHarrell1 »

Yes, perhaps most women face depression and anxiety. Because they always try to be perfect mothers, perfect wives, perfect sisters, perfect friends. I went through something like that
Jonnyblond
Freshman Poster

Post by Jonnyblond »

Back before I got bored not being able to care about a chick and moving international.Here is what works with 90% of the women in North America. So you don’t want to end up in the friendzone. Go in as their worst nightmare. Level their self esteem and pulverize it to the point that they could be a 10 and think your above them. They will give you godly status. It’s incredibly disappointing. You wonder how can someone fall for crap like that but it works. It’s not that they have mental issues. It’s that they don’t have real problems. As soon as they tell you that all their ex’s were jerks. Just smile and subconsciously thank them. Then proceed to call them they are stupid.huge power move that one is. Why does it work. It’s because you ain’t bowing down to the queen. Either you ask why do they have mental issues or use it to your benefit. Glad I don’t have to be that way anymore though. It’s nice when you can treat someone good to get a gorgeous girl. I wish it wasn’t that way though